View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 6 of 199 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Those photo-shop pictures have to be a joke? ...Right? No one in their right mind would think those look better than natural looking kids... They do make for a good laugh though.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Those photo-shop pictures have to be a joke? ...Right? No one in their right mind would think those look better than natural looking kids... They do make for a good laugh though.
    Nope, those photos are typical pageant kid photos. They actually pay big money to have their child airbrushed, painted and dyed into Vegas Barbie.

BTW Youtube has the eye opening documentary about pageants, "Living Dolls" up in pieces on their website. You can get a good look at what goes into there, fake hair, flippers or fake teeth, sprayed on tans, enough Aqua Net to knock a hole in the ozone layer bigger than Texas, relentlessly harassing/rehearing the childs routine when they should be eating/sleeping/playing/going to school.

Every time I look at pictures of these kids my heart just breaks. I don't think we'll get any pageant moms in here unless we move it to one of the public boards, because (correct me if I'm wrong) this one is for members only, and it would take a registered member to look at this and then start beating the jungle drums!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Good times. Reminds me of the olden days, back on APS and when GR first got started.

On our old thread, several pageant moms did register just so they could rebut our evil hateful posts. If any more DO show up & register, allow me to summarize what they're going to say:

1. The makeup, etc is no worse than what girls wear to cheerleading or dance competitions. It's a performance, not real life. The girls don't wear this stuff every day.

2. Pedophiles don't like children who are made up/dressed up. They like normal, average, everyday-types. Oh, and pedophiles can't get into the pageants. They're usually closed to the public.

3. It's just a hobby. (note: this word is used a LOT) It's no different from any other activity where you buy equipment, props, lessons, etc.

4. It teaches confidence & poise.

5. It facilitates friendships & comraderie, and makes kids more popular.

6. If you see something sexual in the pictures, then something is wrong with YOU, you sick, twisted evil individual! They're CHILDREN! Go get HELP for your perversion!

7. The objective of pageants is to achieve the "ideal" of feminine beauty (boys notwithstanding). Hence the big hair, flawless teeth, big made-up eyes, sparkly dresses, prissy demeanor. It's the chase for perfection.

8. If you have a problem with how any of these girls look, it's because you're JEALOUS, you big fat trashy COW.
    Last edited by Lobelia; June 22nd, 2008 at 01:52 PM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ Yep, that sums it up perfectly!

I remember that thread, and it was scary how crazy those women got.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lobz you forgot to add that they love to say they do it so the kid will have lots of friends...

Also for the prize money.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

See #5. But what I did miss, was

9. The girls LOVE doing it. Nobody is forcing them. Heck, there are documented cases of 2 year-olds begging to be in pageants. Why should they be denied something they love doing so much?

eta: about the prize money, they don't really use that in arguing much - they do realize that it leaves them wide open for criticism on how they could potentially profit from whoring their kid out like that. But they will bring it up if it helps in the argument regarding how much money pageantry costs. And buddy, does it cost. They'll spend $300 & up for hair & makeup to be done before a pageant. Dresses are in the thousands. Add fake hair, teeth, shoes, accessories and a wardrobe of slutty little outfits for western wear, swimwear, etc. And don't forget "pro-am" which is basically where the kid puts on some tight midriff-bearing thing & goes out & shakes her ass to techno music, while making weird exaggerated facial expressions as if she were constipated.

And some real money goes into lessons. Hoo boy. Hundreds for each lesson, if it's a "name" instructor.

eta again: cheetopia - I realize that I think you're saying that they argue that pageants will make a kid popular? if so, yep, you're right. They use that. I'll amend the list.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    Every time I look at pictures of these kids my heart just breaks. I don't think we'll get any pageant moms in here unless we move it to one of the public boards, because (correct me if I'm wrong) this one is for members only, and it would take a registered member to look at this and then start beating the jungle drums!
    Nope, this is open to everyone that cares to share!! Only the 'After Hours' threads are for members only.

So......they could be here....ANY time!

oooooooooooo scary!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Interesting Anti Pageant videos from You Tube.

YouTube - Empty Eyes (child beauty queens)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeGBFgNxewc[/YOUTUBE]

and tell me this is NOT sexualizing children after watching this?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGlnVoYdOA[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 22nd, 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: fixed embedding (first won't play embedded) :)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZuyDnnctCU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGlnVoYdOA[/youtube]

fixed for ya, cheetopia.

how much longer before these pageantards get here.. im excited!

Thumbs up

Thanks to the 41 people who voted

Oh no, thanks to YOU Honey for starting this!! *smooches*

And how much do you want to bet that the ONE person that voted positively was just fucking with us?

Gold Member

Yikes. I've seen this stuff before but it's still child abuse IMHO.

Hit By Ban Bus!

There is two pretty horrifying childrens pageant documentaries up at YouTube, search for "Living Dolls" and "Painted Babies"

Page 6 of 199 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information