View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 56 of 199 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    It's the same reason that people pack padding around their sons, make them look bigger than they really are and tell them to go chase a pig (called a football) in a field. They are judged on physical ability and that is just not right.
    wait... back up....

my son wore football padding NOT to look bigger, it was to protect him dear. and yes, he should be judged on his physical ability. if he couldnt do his 'job' then what good is he? hello? Earth to pageant mom
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Avenger since you basically called us pedophiles, and this a pedophile board supporting pedophiles, I have sent a request to have you banned.
    So you admit THIS is a pedofile board? So if you all are pedofiles then what is the problem calling you a pedofile??????
    HUH?
    If you bothered to read board rules, personal attacks are not
    allowed. Where in this statement is he ADMIT that we are all
    pedofiles?

You didn't answer the question.
    Your question makes no sense.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Yes it comes from our site..it was discovered..and what...we were supposed to go THERE and discuss it? Freakin' idiot! And since you just called us pedophiles...

Who else obsesses on photos of children they do not know like your group has and makes such horrible sexual remarks?
    Hmm... I read lots of horrible remarks about kids from pageant moms on some of those boards in the very short time I perused. Way worse than what was written here in that it was personal. The remarks here fall into two general categories...making fun of the ridiculousness of them (i.e. "doll eyes" photoshopped onto the picture of a child) or downright horrification at how these kids were turned out in a manner that grown women do to themselves when they are attempting to profit off of their looks and/or sexuality.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Careful there Avenger, I never said it wasn't based on anything physical. I said the opposite, even saying not all children are pretty to me. You are quick to have your come backs but no one will give your ideas a second thought if you continue to lump everyone and everything in a group. This thread is about pageants, good and bad. If you want to bitch about sports, do it on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Typical pageant mom defense. I think I covered this one very early in this thread. If you find fault with them, you are "obsessed" and "sick" and "perverted." It's so paradoxical. They want all this attention for how beautiful their kids supposedly are, yet when they get negative attention, they start shrieking & pointing & accusing like the girls from the Salem witch trials.
    This one definitely violated rule number two, section 1 of the rules, and needs a ban. As soon as a mod is on, I will pm them. This one out and out said this was a pedophile board, and a pedophile supporting board. Needs to go as soon as possible. The post has been reported.

HUH?
    If you bothered to read board rules, personal attacks are not
    allowed. Where in this statement is he ADMIT that we are all
    pedofiles?

It has been reported. Just no mods on duty right now. Accusing the ENTIRE BOARD of being a 'pedophile board' is beyond an individual attack, and is an attack on the board itself, and warrants an immediate ban IMO.

Avenger is attempting to muddy the water by throwing sports (competition based on skill & talent) in with pageantry (competition based on appearance & the skill of vendors).

There is a difference between competition based on physical ability and competition based on physical appearance. I shouldn't have to say this.

According to you all no one should be judged on the physical. Get your story straight first and then tell it.
    not me honey pie. i said that they SHOULDNT be wearing make up. i dont understand WHY they aren't judged on their normal looks. are they NOT pretty enough to be judged with their normal teeth, normal hair, normal eyes e t c e t e r a
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Pro-am is one of the stupidest competitions ever devised by mankind. It consists of butt-swishing, lip-pursing, face-scrunching and drag queen impersonating.

The personal attacks and personal information you all put up with these kids photos (which is also against board rules) is okay.....

but someone in YOUR group gives me a link to pedo info and then gets all bent out of shape that I bring it up!

WOW!
    You flat out called a member a pedo just because you got pissed off.

No one knows who the hell these kids are. And even if we did, we'd likely never recognize them IRL since their pics have been photoshopped within an inch of their little lives, with creepy unreal features added in. I seriously doubt we're gonna be seeing little miss "doll eyes" walking around the mall with her mom. If I ever saw a kid who actually looked like that I'd call FBI or the CIA because alien life forms have obviously landed...

As far as kids pics on the internet. If you don't want them there. Don't post them in the first place. How many times and how many different ways does this have to be explained to you?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by StageMomFromHell View Post
    I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind about generalizing what my child does into a "prostitot" description. I think Avenger has a point, you are judging without any sort of first hand interaction with said offending persons or activity.

I do get a kick out of telling folks in my daughter's other activities that she does pageants, their reactions are quite funny. I can't say what they are, I'll totally give us away. But she loves the dress up and getting on stage along with road trips and new friends. When it's not fun anymore we'll stop. )
    I already know who you are. I have read your disturbing psycho blogs. You seem to really have it together........... NOT!

The personal attacks and personal information you all put up with these kids photos (which is also against board rules) is okay.....

but someone in YOUR group gives me a link to pedo info and then gets all bent out of shape that I bring it up!

WOW!
    YOu obviously did not bother to peruse the board rules.(way to show that 'intelligence' again there..) Those people are NOT board members: they are fair game. Attacking other board members, and the very board itself, and in such a disgraceful and sickening way, is a clear violation and warrants an immediate ban. Your indication of 'reporting' AGAINST THE BOARD ITSELF is another clear indication of your needing to be rolled over by the ban bus...several times, backing up and all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You flat out called a member a pedo just because you got pissed off.
    She called us ALL pedo's. She called the whole board a pedo board and a pedo supporting board. That includes all of us..you included. It was a sweeping indictment of all of us, and the board as a whole. Plus she has implied 'threats' against the board, in the form of her 'reporting'

needs. Immediate. Ban.
    Last edited by Tati; June 27th, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

Yes it comes from our site..it was discovered..and what...we were supposed to go THERE and discuss it? Freakin' idiot! And since you just called us pedophiles...

Who else obsesses on photos of children they do not know like your group has and makes such horrible sexual remarks?
    please either shut the fuck up, or end yourself. I am sick of reading your posts so until you take the afore mentioned advice, I shall choose to skip over your idiocy.

They are onto Grim, they say his IP is coming from.................. (drum roll)

CANADA!!!!!

Do you not get the difference between finding fault with the sexualization of children vs. enjoying it? Or CAUSING it, like pageant moms do?

Thread Information