View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 55 of 199 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerTko&Strutter View Post
    No all children aren't pretty. Just my opinion. When being judges by people they all have an opinion on what pretty is and its not everyone. Thats not just about children but people in general. Some people just aren't pretty, some are.
    Waht do you consider 'pretty'? Looking like a whore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    "Fine, if you don't mind people jacking off to your kid's picture on the internet, then everybody's happy, right? "

I knew that's what you all were all about. Even the link about how you are are "so concerned" with kids and pedos come from your own Gossip Rocks site! Not too difficult to figure out what your sick little group is doing!

“ There ARE pedophile meeting boards! Take a look at one we are all disgusted with here:
    Sick sick sick pedophiles: Protect your children
    Yes it comes from our site..it was discovered..and what...we were supposed to go THERE and discuss it? Freakin' idiot! And since you just called us pedophiles...

It's the same reason that people pack padding around their sons, make them look bigger than they really are and tell them to go chase a pig (called a football) in a field. They are judged on physical ability and that is just not right.
    I thought the padding was for their protection.

Bronze Member

I can't really answer all those. I can say that the pageant world is controlled by certain vendors. When they want to add something then it quickly becomes the thing to do. Not too many years ago children who did pageants were just that, children. When you start adding all the extras the costs go up and vendors make more money. Its all about the money. Too many parents think they can recoup if they just win that one pageant. Its impossible. Just look at my house and see all the 12 inch and taller crowns, what the hell am I really going to ever do with them? Do you think she will take them with me when she moves out? Do you think they can be sold? Although I have seen some auctions on Ebay selling them, would be weird to me but I digress. We continue to do whatever is expected because we ultimately want to win that next title. IE crown, banner, money or whatever it may be at the time.

Sounds eerily similar to gambling addiction.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

No all children aren't pretty. Just my opinion. When being judges by people they all have an opinion on what pretty is and its not everyone. Thats not just about children but people in general. Some people just aren't pretty, some are.
    Holy shit. Let them go through puberty before they are put into a
    crowd of made up girls and judged on their looks. They shouldn't be
    so concerned with their physical appearance before the age of what,
    FIVE... it's just wrong, period. how sad!!

Bronze Member

It is an addiction. Plain and simply put, it is just another in a long list of addictions. This one just happens to need children to be fed. I didn't say it was right, just stating the facts.

Avenger since you basically called us pedophiles, and (said)this a pedophile board supporting pedophiles, I have sent a request to have you banned.

here the post is:

Well, at least you admit it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fine, if you don't mind people jacking off to your kid's picture on the internet, then everybody's happy, right? "

I knew that's what you all were all about. Even the link about how you are are "so concerned" with kids and pedos come from your own Gossip Rocks site! Not too difficult to figure out what your sick little group is doing!

“ There ARE pedophile meeting boards! Take a look at one we are all disgusted with here:
    Sick sick sick pedophiles: Protect your children

Steroids & suicide are extremes when it comes to sports & academics. It's NOT the same with pageants, which are extreme by their very nature, especially glitz pageants.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I thought the padding was for their protection.
    Exactly!! The way she's twisting things to "prove" her point is just laughable!

I'd just like to know why this is important for children? Whatever happened to pretty is as pretty does?? That's how I was raised. It was the epitome of low class for a "pretty girl" to think her looks made her somehow better than someone else. That is what you are teaching these children. I grew up seeing pretty as merely a convenience or an "extra", not a means to an end and certainly not something to crow and preen about. Honestly most of the pageant girls I ever knew in school I felt sorry for because they were miserable and never felt good enough. And every one of their moms would say the exact same stuff that I hear every one of these "exceptions" spouting off about...that their daughter loves it, has a lot of fun, has come out of her shell, that we "didn't take it seriously" (right).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yes it comes from our site..it was discovered..and what...we were supposed to go THERE and discuss it? Freakin' idiot! And since you just called us pedophiles...

Who else obsesses on photos of children they do not know like your group has and makes such horrible sexual remarks?
    pedophiles just to name one
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

We also discuss things like animals being tortured and how we are opposed to that..I guess that make us all animal abusers...??

*fixed it..as if you did not know what I meant..you are pathetic Avenger.

Who else obsesses on photos of children they do not know like your group has and makes such horrible sexual remarks?
    Typical pageant mom defense. I think I covered this one very early in this thread. If you find fault with them, you are "obsessed" and "sick" and "perverted." It's so paradoxical. They want all this attention for how beautiful their kids supposedly are, yet when they get negative attention, they start shrieking & pointing & accusing like the girls from the Salem witch trials.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    A picture of a baby hijacked of its childhood and deliberately posed and made up to look like an adult whore is an interaction overload, in a sense. It's fucking disturbing. So fucking disturbing I don't want to actually watch it sing and dance as well.
    agree; the word, "disgusting" being the operative word. u mothers and the judges should be ashamed of yourselves! how do you grow up to become a part of this industry?! ur sick in the head!!!!

get a real job!

Bronze Member

I can't speak for everyone. I was a pageant child and I personally believe I have always enjoyed pageants. I can't say it has helped my daughter because I put her in them as a little girl and am taking her out as a little girl. Who is to say it would have effected her in a good or a bad way? It has been my choice to quit pageants. I don't like the lying, the backstabbing and its become unreal to the point that none of the children look like children. Thankfully my daughter is still young enough that she didn't have to endure much of this stuff. But had I kept her in pageants she would have had to so she could continue to win. Botton line its about winning no matter what anyone says. No one does a pageant to lose.

Thread Information