View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 52 of 199 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Bronze Member

Default Interesting point.

But the good side (of anything really) isn't as interesting as making the bad parts sound so much worse. If you left pageantry "as is" it wouldn't be nearly as sensational.

Kinda like the Ronco commercial where the user has a horribly difficult time cutting an onion with a plain old kitchen knife versus some crazy gadget. People fall for that crap all the time and then go back to using the plain old knife.

It gets overblown.

That's seriously one of the most retarded diatribes I've ever read.

And no one's saying all pageant girls "turn out to be prostitots". We flat out called them prostitots (as in, the present time, not what they will become) because that represents how they're being turned out by you parents who have turned them into objects. Prostitute+tot= Prostitot.

Who knows what they will become in the future. I'm sure there's been a person who's committed murder who was probably in a few pageants in the past. Certainly there have been pageant MOMS who have been actually indicted for all kinds of fucked up shit, not the least of which has included plotting someone else's death.

Mostly, they'll just grow up with a fucked up sense of self worth (or lack thereof) that revolves around appearances and money being of the utmost importance.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Because if you're talking about how extracurricular activities are bad for kids, sports is the perfect example. I mean, if you really are so concerned about the kids, you will WANT this sports topic here.

Wrestling...that is another sport. Does anyone else think it promotes homosexuality? I think it may. Some of the positions the coaches have the kids in look really gay. I would never let my son participate in wrestling. It is just one more sport that needs to go.
    We are talking about pageants and how they affect kids here. You are talking about a broader subject and it really does require a seperate thread. Really. You have listed possbilities for several threads, and they are not bad ones..and are quite valid. So start the threads. They would be appropriate in a number of forums( we even have a sports forum) depending on what you emphasize as the main topic-the sports, or the relationships and affects of the sports on the kids, their families, relationships, development, etc.

this thread is not the right place. You might start the threads, and then make a post about the thread(and how it is somewhat related) and link.

Well, Gawd knows we dont' need to be promoting homosexuality. I don't want wrestling to take my perfectly heterosexual son and twist him into some perverted fairy. I shall contact the PTA about this immediately.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Well, Gawd knows we dont' need to be promoting homosexuality. I don't want wrestling to take my perfectly heterosexual son and twist him into some perverted fairy. I shall contact the PTA about this immediately.
    For GAWD's sake..do not forget to SUE!

It's always sensensational because people assume all pageant girls will end up in their parents basement dead.

It's a real lack of education in our society that is causing all the generalizations. Same with race issues. "Everyone" sterotypes a pageant girl as a prostitot. "Everyone" sterotypes a black person as a gang member or a former one. Sterotypes show lack of education -- of course that is common now.
    OMG lol

REREAD:
    And no one's saying all pageant girls "turn out to be prostitots". We flat out called them prostitots (as in, the present time, not what they will become) because that represents how they're being turned out by you parents who have turned them into objects. Prostitute+tot= Prostitot.
    THIS has nothing to do with stereotypes!

Because if you're talking about how extracurricular activities are bad for kids, sports is the perfect example. I mean, if you really are so concerned about the kids, you will WANT this sports topic here.

Wrestling...that is another sport. Does anyone else think it promotes homosexuality? I think it may. Some of the positions the coaches have the kids in look really gay. I would never let my son participate in wrestling. It is just one more sport that needs to go.

Wow you are afraid of the coaches who coach boy's wrestling cause they might make the kids 'look' gay..but ignore how pageants make kids look like prostitutes? Really>? Get some help.

Is there really a "good side" to putting makeup, fake teeth, tanner and hair extensions on a baby and teaching it to wink and shake its moneymaker to grown ass men?? (Even if they are gay)

And Avenger, don't even start with the "gay" bashing. Sports certainly don't make people gay just because you happen to hate them AND are homophobic. Quit trying to change the subject here, which is: "child beauty pageants...fun or fiendish?"

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Wheeeee!!!!

Before and after "expert" photo retouching!
    omg, that is just sad and pathetic

all these children will be abused in their future if not already in some tragic way .
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Well, if all pageant girls turn out to be prostitots, then all boys in football will probably turn out to murder their wife. I mean really, are they not all like OJ. Here look at some things that lead to him being a murderous psycho:

!
    my son played football when he was little. he's 26 now. not once, the entire time he played football, did i ever put an excessive amount of makeup on him, did i make him wear false teeth to cover up the crooked teeth. he always wore his own hair, and wasnt ashamed to wear the same outfit as the other players.

and btw, he's been married 4 yrs, his wife is still alive.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

my pageant princess

hi crawdad
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

It's always sensensational because people assume all pageant girls will end up in their parents basement dead.

It's a real lack of education in our society that is causing all the generalizations. Same with race issues. "Everyone" sterotypes a pageant girl as a prostitot. "Everyone" sterotypes a black person as a gang member or a former one. Sterotypes show lack of education -- of course that is common now.
    Uhm. I don't. But you did exactly this sort of stereotyping you are referring to with people into sports....implying that they are future murderers because of OJ Simpson....or that "sports turn people gay" because watching a bunch of guys together doing anything physical can be very homoerotic. Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Is there really a "good side" to putting makeup, fake teeth, tanner and hair extensions on a baby and teaching it to wink and shake its moneymaker to grown ass men?? (Even if they are gay)

And Avenger, don't even start with the "gay" bashing. Sports certainly don't make people gay just because you happen to hate them AND are homophobic. Quit trying to change the subject here, which is: "child beauty pageants...fun or fiendish?"

Exactly. This tactic is NOT going to work folks. And if you want to not like gays, fine. But be prepared to catch flak for that, and if you are insulting about gays, then you can say hello to the ban bus. (in other words, read the freakin' board rules please)

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    For GAWD's sake..do not forget to SUE!
    Of course! Lawsoots all 'round!

Sorry, but you are sooooo off base here. We're not speculating on the possible outcomes of these girls. We're appalled by what's being done to them NOW.

eta: If you want to appear intellectually superior, you might start with using the word "keel" correctly.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Change what subject? All you are doing is putting up a bunch of photos and laughing at them. A real intelligent conversation would make half of you kill right over.
    Right. You mean a 'really' intelligent conversation.. and 'keel' right over..right? oops..sorry..I bow to your 'superior intelligence'

Thread Information