View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 167 of 199 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

You guys, the crack ruined my internal organs and caused my metabolism to crash.. i'm so fat i can't move, so yes i need assistance. Ed flew the coop long ago to live his dream of being a topless dancer in vegas (he got tired of stripping at the tranny club) and i'm stuck in my 10 by 9 single room typing this out with one of those stephen hawking blow straws.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    That actually looked like a midrise/highrise crackden..do they have those in Winnipeg? Or is the real crackden in Calgary with Jason and Ed? *confused*

Oh for shit sake!!!

Arlington Haus Retirement Homes
    Address :880 Arlington St R3E 2E4

HAHAHAHAHA!! Grimm had lied to us! He is a senior citizen pretending to be a young gay man while selling crack with a granny tranny named Ed!!!
    Hey! I know that place!!! Oh man!
    Rock the fuck on!

Hey! Stop by for a visit! you can help me decide which side of my circus ass to fart out of!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    You guys, the crack ruined my internal organs and caused my metabolism to crash.. i'm so fat i can't move, so yes i need assistance. Ed flew the coop long ago to live his dream of being a topless dancer in vegas (he got tired of stripping at the tranny club) and i'm stuck in my 10 by 9 single room typing this out with one of those stephen hawking blow straws.
    yeah..all of that..and in WINTERPEG too! *shudder* .er..or would that be *shiver*

*sorry heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Hey! Stop by for a visit! you can help me decide which side of my circus ass to fart out of!
    Will do! Er, I wonder which cheek?

yeah..all of that..and in WINTERPEG too! *shudder* .er..or would that be *shiver*

*sorry heart!
    Please, no apologies. LOL! Where I'm from, it's not called Winterpeg, Manisnowba for nothing.
    Rock the fuck on!

do they really think that SENIOR CITIZENS WITH ASSISTED LIVING ISSUES are posting on here?
    This made me , the PMs have been owned!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Hey! I know that place!!! Oh man!

You should follow Grim home from his 'job' and take a picture of him going in to his haus.

On a side note, i'm so glad my hometown is getting so much attention---uh oh, now they will be able to track ME down. Oh the horrors.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Good God..what are they going to do now..start harrassing poor seniors living in Wiinnipeg? Damn have they not slandered enough innocent people? And they accused us of slandering the innocents. Damn.

So spies..are you on the phone harrassing seniors yet? sickos!

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    You should follow Grim home from his 'job' and take a picture of him going in to his haus.
    I can tell you now it's not going to be easy...he has eagle eyes, I tell ya.

On a side note, i'm so glad my hometown is getting so much attention---uh oh, now they will be able to track ME down. Oh the horrors.
    You were formerly from there? That's waaay cool!
    Rock the fuck on!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Hey, I got frightened when they posted about Arlington Haus that they were saying that Grimm lived in a DC area toy store by that name. Why most of DC is by sheer definition 'cracktown' it's at too tony of an address to ever qualify as 'cracktown' Besides, I don't think Ed, Grimm and all Grimm's tiaras and sparkly stuff would fit in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    I can tell you now it's not going to be easy...he has eagle eyes, I tell ya.

You were formerly from there? That's waaay cool!
    Yep . Great city! Grimm just slams it because he can't leave.

I wonder if all of this is going to cause ex pageant granny and current crackhead of Ed to jump out his sixth floor window(he lives on the sixth floor to anyone who cares) and do a NYC russian model suicide thing? Will he be wearing any of his old tiaras from his pageant days of yore?

How will he, or is it she..or is it Ed..or Jason...well whatever..how will (whomever the real person is) get their old self up and over the window ledge?

When I went to visit when he still lived in Osborne Park(in one of the nice highrises with other gheys) good old Jason was not THAT broken down..I guess the beatings and the crack had not taken the toll yet..

well I have to run on over to mom's place in Transcona so will be back later.

Oh.My.GAWD!

This is what happens when work drains all of my free time, I miss krazy klassy pageant freaky manatees. I've got a TON of catching up to do on this latest board meltdrama.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Well i have to run on over to mom's place in Transcona so will be back later.

Watch out for the pink flamingoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    I know I am getting in to this a little late in the game, but I just wanted to say a few things, bare with me....

First, I think the biggest misconception about pageants right now is that they are based on beauty. In theory they should be, but they aren't, cause if they were, then it would be common for a 1st timer, adorable child, in a department store dress, no makeup and pigtails, with a bubbly personality to get up on the stage and take home that Grand Supreme. But that's just not the case, the fact of the matter is, especially in "glitz" pageants, it's solely based off of how big the parents wallets are. Fact. And no amount of argueing would make me feel otherwise. You can't expect to even come close to winning unless you have the expensive clothes made by top designers, the H/M, the tanning, the modeling lessons from "top" coaches, the over priced (and fake looking) pictures, the very specific this and that, I could go on....and it never ends, there is ALWAYS something else you "have" to have to stay "competitive".

Second, a 2 year old DOES NOT say to their parents "I want to do pageants!" My daughter has been strong willed and opionated from what seems like the day she was born, BUT at 2 it was NOT her idea to try a pageant (how would she even know what that was???) it was mine. Any Mom who tries to say otherwise, simply can't take a step back and see the bigger picture and are only kidding themselves!

On the flip side, I won't say we didn't enjoy the time we spent in pageants, cause we did. Could we have had as much enjoyment together doing something else? Ofcourse. I won't waste anyones time trying to defend that, nor do I expect others to see things the way I do, or understand it for that matter. Do I admit that from an outsiders view point it seems ridiculous? Most definately. And again, if other Moms can't admit that to themselves, than they are dillussional. Does who does what or who won what matter outside of the pageant world? Not at all. I have seen kids who truly love being there, and I have seen kids who couldn't possibly hate it more, but were always there at the next one. We have met many decent, good people from pageants, some of who I still speak to to this day. And we have met the exact opposite. Just like in any other activity it is what you make out of it, and you take away just that from it.

And it is possible to just walk away and there are parents out there who do. When my daughter was 5 (and actually in the peak of a winning streak) she saw on a television commercial another activity she wanted to try out. This time, she was the one who asked to do it. So, we did. She loved it so much, on the way home she looked at me and said, "Mom I'd rather do more of this and stop doing pageants!" And that was the end of it. I went home sold her clothes, threw away the hairpieces, hot rollers and hairclips, got rid of the trophies that were cluttering up her room, folded up the sashes and packed them away, put a couple crowns away as momentos, donated the rest and took the pageant pics and put them away with all the other pictures stored away in the closet and that was it. If you are TRULY into something for your child, then stopping it when they want to shouldn't be an issue. Are there parents out there who wouldn't? Oh yeah. But that doesn't mean we are all that way.

Before, during an after pageants, my daughter has always been a normal little girl, she rides her bike, plays with her toys, scrapes her knee, goes out in the yard and gets FILTHY! Goes to plenty of party's (sometimes I wish not so many) and misses out on nothing lol. Hope this helps a little. (And yes I know I have made some spelling errors)
    I agree, how did you deal with those women?

Thread Information