View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 164 of 199 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

A*O

Yeah - Mel hates Jews, blacks and homos so he's probably more at home in the US. I will stand you a Bundy and coke darl but not until the end of the week when my dole cheque arrives.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

How on earth will I last til then? I'm a goddamn drunk! I need a drink!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Everyone knows its closer to Sweden.
    Some Americans don't have maps like such as the Iraq.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

A*O

What channel is the Iraq on?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

The same channel as Iran and Lib-Ya

Is the satire over?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Is the satire over?
    I see your satire & raise you 2 tiaras.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Where's my sash, bitch.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You didn't sparkle enough.

Bronze Member

Default Just wanted to say....

I know I am getting in to this a little late in the game, but I just wanted to say a few things, bare with me....

First, I think the biggest misconception about pageants right now is that they are based on beauty. In theory they should be, but they aren't, cause if they were, then it would be common for a 1st timer, adorable child, in a department store dress, no makeup and pigtails, with a bubbly personality to get up on the stage and take home that Grand Supreme. But that's just not the case, the fact of the matter is, especially in "glitz" pageants, it's solely based off of how big the parents wallets are. Fact. And no amount of argueing would make me feel otherwise. You can't expect to even come close to winning unless you have the expensive clothes made by top designers, the H/M, the tanning, the modeling lessons from "top" coaches, the over priced (and fake looking) pictures, the very specific this and that, I could go on....and it never ends, there is ALWAYS something else you "have" to have to stay "competitive".

Second, a 2 year old DOES NOT say to their parents "I want to do pageants!" My daughter has been strong willed and opionated from what seems like the day she was born, BUT at 2 it was NOT her idea to try a pageant (how would she even know what that was???) it was mine. Any Mom who tries to say otherwise, simply can't take a step back and see the bigger picture and are only kidding themselves!

On the flip side, I won't say we didn't enjoy the time we spent in pageants, cause we did. Could we have had as much enjoyment together doing something else? Ofcourse. I won't waste anyones time trying to defend that, nor do I expect others to see things the way I do, or understand it for that matter. Do I admit that from an outsiders view point it seems ridiculous? Most definately. And again, if other Moms can't admit that to themselves, than they are dillussional. Does who does what or who won what matter outside of the pageant world? Not at all. I have seen kids who truly love being there, and I have seen kids who couldn't possibly hate it more, but were always there at the next one. We have met many decent, good people from pageants, some of who I still speak to to this day. And we have met the exact opposite. Just like in any other activity it is what you make out of it, and you take away just that from it.

And it is possible to just walk away and there are parents out there who do. When my daughter was 5 (and actually in the peak of a winning streak) she saw on a television commercial another activity she wanted to try out. This time, she was the one who asked to do it. So, we did. She loved it so much, on the way home she looked at me and said, "Mom I'd rather do more of this and stop doing pageants!" And that was the end of it. I went home sold her clothes, threw away the hairpieces, hot rollers and hairclips, got rid of the trophies that were cluttering up her room, folded up the sashes and packed them away, put a couple crowns away as momentos, donated the rest and took the pageant pics and put them away with all the other pictures stored away in the closet and that was it. If you are TRULY into something for your child, then stopping it when they want to shouldn't be an issue. Are there parents out there who wouldn't? Oh yeah. But that doesn't mean we are all that way.

Before, during an after pageants, my daughter has always been a normal little girl, she rides her bike, plays with her toys, scrapes her knee, goes out in the yard and gets FILTHY! Goes to plenty of party's (sometimes I wish not so many) and misses out on nothing lol. Hope this helps a little. (And yes I know I have made some spelling errors)

I think I missed my calling
    *kicking myself in the ass for not putting my daughter in pageants*

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Sorry, but this wasn't a post by one of the pageant moms, but one by someone trolling over there trying to rile them up. I figured it was Rica, as she stated she was doing that, but apparently there was more than one troll on board. So, I think you just called one of your own an idiot.
    Whoever it was, it wasn't one of our own. So that's a big ole FAIL for you, FriendOrFoe.

Oh, and for future reference, perhaps you should learn to use the quote function properly? Or you can type the code yourself to distinguish between who said what. Thanks, you're a peach.
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

The manatyys are still obsessing over Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    The manatyys are still obsessing over Grimm
    And they went from Australia bashing to Canada bashing.

they are just obsessing over Grimm cause now they know he is making crack in Winnipeg and they want some to 'skinny down' their DD's.

i'm over the pageant thing here. the momatees really bore me with their same old tired arguments. i'll watch the thread, but unless someone is arrested or dies, i'm just gonna lurk. they are going to continue to abuse their own children, and deny that they are abusing.

so unless CPS is involved, nothing is going to happen. they dont see its wrong. Until they gain some brains, or see it from the outside, looking in, they will never see it as wrong.

the children that arent into the Sparkle Fairy pageants, might be the lucky ones. no make up, wigs, fake teeth, NO FREAKIN BATHING SUITS. they just have fun, and go home and eat cotton candy.

have a nice day

*fake pose*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information