View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 162 of 199 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Can't see-- is their board back up?
    The archives were working for me, I'll post the link when I can.

God, this shit is so funny. I am way better looking than that sharpie faced skank. And I don't have to lapdance old hick men, I have a piece of ass husband, thank you!

^^ Okay, thanks! For some reason I can't pull them up right now. Scary vampire lady.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ Okay, thanks! For some reason I can't pull them up right now. Scary vampire lady.
    Seriously, watch out. Not only am I a sharpied vampire lady, I also play World of Warcraft. And me and Grimm have some World of Warcraft freaky cult, we are scary y'all. I supposed we eat little babies and have World of Warcraft orgies too.

Here is my link, I am famous! Don't be jellus, biatches!

http://www.voy.com/199034/6/8270.html

I found this article on some other website:

The Problem with Pageants

Yesterday I wrote about the funny side of my baby pageant experience. But to be honest, it was hard to laugh about.

One woman I spoke to for a few minutes at the beginning of the pageant had a just-turned-two-year-old girl with her. Like the other contestants, Katelynn wore a wigful of curls, false lashes and a sprayed on tan. But her mom seemed nice enough, so Baby and I settled in to watch them compete in the first round together.

As Katelynn's mom carried her up on the stage, the little girl burst into tears. Her mother grimaced and shook her daughter stiffly, trying to make her stop. Of course, Katelynn cried harder. Impatiently, her mother whipped her around to face the judges, then jerked her back and stalked off the stage when it became clear that the tears weren't going to stop any time soon. As they walked past me in the audience, Katelynn's mom didn't speak to or look at her daughter. Her face was an awful mask of anger and disappointment.

Round two was no better. This time, Katelynn's mother had to stand behind the judges as Katelynn walked onto the stage by herself for a dance routine. Hit with the spotlight and the music, set at eardrum-bursting volume, Katelynn froze before the judges and timidly smiled, bouncing slightly, for the entire minute-and-a-half. At first, her mother wildly pantomimed Katelynn's routine from the audience, but when it became clear that her daughter wasn't going to dance, she threw her hands up in exasperation and walked away from Katelynn's sight line. Katelynn walked to the side of the stage when the music stopped and her mother harshly grabbed her and went to angrily vent to some of the pageant coaches nearby.

I felt sick. How could a child who just turned two be expected to smile and perform on cue? And why was her mother so angry when she didn't? Surely she knew this might happen. All of us with toddlers know that the moment we most want them to display their knowledge of the alphabet or "Twinkle Twinkle" is the moment they choose not to perform.

I learned later that Katelynn and her mother and baby sister had flown in from Texas for the pageant, spent around $800 for the pageant entrance fee, and thousands of dollars more for airfare and hotel, pageant coaches (who'd also come in from out of town for the event), custom-made costumes, professionally done hair and makeup and manicures and tanning. I'm sure that Katelynn's mom wasn't seeing her daughter up there on stage; she was seeing thousands of dollars being flushed down the toilet. And this mother wasn't alone. I saw plenty of parents' faces contort in anger when their toddlers forgot a routine, neglected to remove a hat or vest, or cried on stage. It was fucking pathetic. And fucking wrong.

I don't use the term 'child abuse' lightly, but I felt like what I was seeing should not have been happening under any circumstances. I can't tell you how many two and three-year-old girls approached my daughter, clearly wanting to play with her as she hopped across the carpet and munched on Goldfish. These girls, though, had obviously been trained over a long period of time not to move. They would stand a few feet away in their perfect hair and makeup and costumes, looking at her longingly, but not daring to approach her. Any of you who have or have had a two-year-old know that this kind of behavior in an entire group of toddlers isn't natural. It's learned behavior and it's sick.

The contestants in national "glitz" pageants in no way resemble little girls. They are made up to look like little women, dressed up in bikinis, their wispy hair covered by full-length Barbie-esque wigs. I was horrified to see obvious dark roots in some of the under-six contestants' platinum blonde hair that peeked out from beneath their long synthetic ponytails. After about thirty minutes of watching the pageant, I found myself wondering how this one got her hair so smooth and perfectly wavy and marveling at how that one's blush perfectly complemented her skin tone. When one two-year-old came out on the stage wigless and nearly bald, I thought to myself, "That one needs some hair on her head! How does she even expect to compete?!" And I knew I was getting sucked into the madness.

We all know most girls love feeling pretty and I'm sure many of them love looking at their made-up selves in the mirror, but these pageant contestants are obviously too young and naive to realize that they are being sexualized for a crowd of strangers to ogle and judge. It is so disgusting and so wrong and I wish there were a way to put an end to it.

ps: Do I need to link it?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Seriously, watch out. Not only am I a sharpied vampire lady, I also play World of Warcraft. And me and Grimm have some World of Warcraft freaky cult, we are scary y'all. I supposed we eat little babies and have World of Warcraft orgies too.

Here is my link, I am famous! Don't be jellus, biatches!

http://www.voy.com/199034/6/8270.html

I can't see the picture-how do you see it??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Well I just had to post this..in reference to the part I bolded. Australians more obese than Americans, study finds

but I love Australia. And the Wiggles? I WANT the blue one!

dontcha love the ignorance on that board? And, sorry again Southerners, but most of those are from THE SOUTH-which is like hell, only more humid.

*hey..are there manatees in Australia? I am sure if they did try to migrate in the other tough killer animals Oz is so famous for would make short work of them. Maybe they can be imported and raised as a 'prey crop' for the other animals?
    Yes however my defense to that study is that its based on BMI which calculates height and weight and doesnt take into account muscles - meaning all our athletes are obese
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Grimm, are you still posting on the vile pink board or is it an imitator posting vaguely like you without putting in any names? I'm getting confused here.
    It was me! But I feel asleep The pinkness overwhelmed me and I passed out!

edit: LOL I just read what they were writing about my Great Southern land on the pink board...is any of that meant to be insulting? Check your jealousy at the door manatyys
    Last edited by Rica; July 1st, 2008 at 01:06 AM.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Dammit. I wracked my brain to think if anyone was from there..oops..

sorry..It is an icebox up there..just ask Grimm and his boyfriend who are making crack there !!

Ok people I fess up..I know him, and yes, he lives in Winterpeg and makes crack with his Ed..who beats him regularly. The reason Grimm has so many posts is because Ed keeps him chained to a pole with only a computer for 18 hours a day. Ed does let Grimm raft on the Assiniboine river in the summer, but only in teh Gay Osborne Park section. They ice fish up north on Lake Winnipeg in the winter(the other ten months of the year there). mmkay?
    Awwwwwww, you are officially an honorary Winnipegger (Pegger for short 0
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

A*O

Australia - that's near Germany, right?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Australia - that's near Germany, right?
    Everyone knows its closer to Sweden.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I can't see the picture-how do you see it??
    The link pulls up the forum where they have a link of the picture(s). I just tried it and it works for me. *confused*

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Unhappy Pageant mother in the New Members section...
    That's like saying "INCOMING! DUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    The link pulls up the forum where they have a link of the picture(s). I just tried it and it works for me. *confused*
    Crap! Maybe I am blinded by the pinkness. I clicked on everything-nada! What am I not doing???
    I see! I clicked on all the geek speak :http://f5.yahoofs.com/coreid/475152b...A4NnIBruW5NBLo

I honestly have tried to sleep..but insomnia again..so back I am

*any leak of Miss D's pic did not come from me. I said I would keep the info until I got confirmation, and I have kept that word. Also miss D has contacted 'former members' demanding info. Watch out.

*ok I looked at that pic.and that is not one of the pics I have so it was not me who OUTED MISS D and posted her pic on that board as Dead Dwarf. She is just gonna love them now!

I honestly have tried to sleep..but insomnia again..so back I am

*any leak of Miss D's pic did not come from me. I said I would keep the info until I got confirmation, and I have kept that word. Also miss D has contacted 'former members' demanding info. Watch out.
    Soj! You are showing signs of Thread Addiction! Turn yourself in!

Shit, well I hope she doesn't have that YouTube video of me drinking blood while playing World of Warcraft.

I don't want all those fat ass manatees getting hot and bothered over me.

Thread Information