View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 16 of 199 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

I just find it hard to believe this crap goes on. It's a dog show for kids.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Best in show!

I wish I could find the video of Justin Timberlake competing when he was younger. It seems to have been removed from the tubes.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Silver Member

OMG those poor girls.

k, so like.. day 4 of no pageantfreaks. Wtf do we have to do, dangle a Wal Mart gift certificate and dollar store sceptre from the window?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

There has been some sort of seachange on the pageant boards of Voy. They are all dead or filled with spam or banners. No mommas beating each other up, no gossip, denada. They must have gone elsewhere.

Saddens me.

The thread is reminding me of a documentary I saw on child prostitution in Thailand. Except the child whores were looking slightly classier than this lot.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Really? Maybe they can't afford to whore up their kids anymore.

Where's card, she'll know

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    k, so like.. day 4 of no pageantfreaks. Wtf do we have to do, dangle a Wal Mart gift certificate and dollar store sceptre from the window?
    No, you dangle what they call "fees off." That's what you get when you win something, but you don't really win something. I guess it's like a discount on your next pageant. Example - you pay $1000 for your little prostitot to compete in Gorgeous Gingerbread Dreamdolls. It costs different amounts for different people, depending on
    1. how well you know the director
    2. how much you squawk
    3. how much in "fees off" you've accrued
    4. how much shit you sign up for (there are lots of different competitions within one pageant, not just the main title)

You get "fees off" in lots of weird ways, like signing the guestbook on the pageant's website, doing repeat pageants in that system, getting gypped on your money prize because the director didn't bring enough cash, so she gives you "fees off" etc.

Ha, I know too much about this garbage. Last pageant thread we had, some moms cocked their eyebrows at me & very wisely & knowingly announced that there was NO WAY that I would know this much, unless I was one of them. LMAO! There is NO WAY that I would have ever subjected any of my children to this sewage. This industry is not so complicated & mysterious that you have to be an insider to understand it. Two hours on the internet, and boom, you're an expert.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    There has been some sort of seachange on the pageant boards of Voy. They are all dead or filled with spam or banners. No mommas beating each other up, no gossip, denada. They must have gone elsewhere.

Saddens me.
    I know..begins to sing..

Where have all the pageant-tards gone?
    Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Economy has screwed them every one
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

ROFL, oh i bet they didn't like light being shone on their nest of viperism. Did any of them squawk that "it's for the children!" at you?

ROFL, oh i bet they didn't like light being shone on their nest of viperism. Did any of them squawk that "it's for the children!" at you?
    Of course they did. And of coure, I was accused of being the jealous bitter mom of a fat ugly kid who couldn't win, so I was just bashing the pageant system.

Bashing. That's another word used a lot, maybe even more than "hobby." They "bash" each other's kids on the pageant boards, & accuse each other of "bashing" every chance they get.

OH - did y'all realize that these photoshopped pictures actually (NO LIE) have facial features swapped completely with other kids? Lots of times, there have been big throw-downs because little Katelynne's photo had little Aislynne's nose in it. They actually steal facial features & outfits from kids & paste them on different kids.

I remember one drama, about a year or so ago, where there was a big drama surrounding a "composite" competition. These are where the kid submits a big board full of photos, like a collage, and a winner is selected. One kid had pictures of ANOTHER KID mixed in with hers. And the mother knew about it, too. The mom of the stolen photographs totally blew a gasket.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Really? Maybe they can't afford to whore up their kids anymore.

Where's card, she'll know
    Oh, Grimm, only a few can afford to whore up their kids. Most cannot. We knew of someone who was evicted from their house, and lived in their car. Still did pageants. One had no money and her & her kid slept in the hotel lobby.

There are only a handful I know of that can afford it. Lauren Yees family can afford it, her dad is a pharmaceutical rep/manager, and her mom is a H&M artist, and makes pageant clothes. We know of a girl, Athena whose father is a doctor. They can afford the hobby. Actually Athena's mom did pageants as a teen, so put her daughter in them. They are nice people as well, not terribly obsessed, the daughter is on the track team, plays piano, honor student. Those are about the only ones I can think of who haven't gone bankrupt doing this hobby. It's like heroin to them. Crazy. I'm glad we got out when we did......I actually have common sense & logic, which these idiots don't.

Lobelia is right about the "fees off". And yes, some of them are definitely fixed. There are some that will secretly score on who did your hair & makeup, or who your coach is, or who took your photos, and that will determine a lot of the big winners. The vendors do "favors". The director will tell a H&M person or coach to get all their clients to their pageant, and the director will promise that the clients will win big, to boost business for the vendor, and then the director will have her royalty photos showing the "big names" that did their system. Then the lemmings automatically follow.

Some of these ads that are posted back up my claims about pictures, swimsuits, dresses, and how ridiculous the prices are.

Hey, Michael Moore should do a movie about them!!!
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 09:00 PM.

I am not going back to the pink board. It gives me a headache.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    I am not going back to the pink board. It gives me a headache.
    No shit! They even have no taste on the web.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I have another question.. what is the point of doing some fucked up headshot photo, and then photoshopping it to within an inch of its life, using fake eyes, noses, lips and other crap to make the original shot look like some sort of matte barbie doll monstrosity? I mean.. do they not realize that the finished product looks NOTHING LIKE THE CHILD IN QUESTION?

Seriously.. i don't understand that. If it doesn't LOOK like the kid, what's the point??

Thread Information