View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 158 of 199 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Since we know the real threat these people are, I'm going through and removing all pics from the thread. If we are human at all we should care about the very real threat that these crazy people pose to others regardless of how we feel about whatever activities they choose to participate in or subject their children to.
    I agree completely. Remove the pics. If it really is those two over there, then remove them. Who knew those two would get involved? I still stand by my comments, but this is gone too far, and it will not hurt anything to remove pics. We can still comment and discuss the issues.

Ahh.. I was waiting for the SKidmark twins to focus their attention on me. Stupid PMs still don't realize this is all because they have a grudge they can't let go and this was all just a way for them to target GR again....

It's gonna take awhile, but I'm leaving all posts and leaving the thread open, I'm just removing the pics.

The people on those voy boards will think that the problem is gone because they're too stupid to realize that the pictures are still out there exactly where we found them. Their boards will still be filled with all the banners, photos, names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers that were there before. Still accessible to anyone who looks.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

A*O

Sounds like a plan NoDay. We can take the higher path and this has gone far enough now the psychos are involved. Good luck to the other boards - you'll need it. In any event I think we've probably picked the Google Images archive clean by now? LOL
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    The people on those voy boards will think that the problem is gone because they're too stupid to realize that the pictures are still out there exactly where we found them. Their boards will still be filled with all the banners, photos, names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers that were there before. Still accessible to anyone who looks.
    And they have Miss D and SS right there with them to see the info..OVER THERE.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

This is some scary shit. It's gone beyond the realm of debating a controversial topic. Why do these 2 trolls insist on putting people in harm's way? It's a genuine threat and shouldn't be taken lightly.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Whatever... MissD and SS can post whatever they want about us. You PMs lurking in this thread.. you really have NO IDEA what you're in for... I've heard it through some GR friends of mine that they've warned some of you about them... I really hope you take their advice to heart.... if you've never had your board implode before, prepare for it to happen.

This is a response from Pacific Breeze to (apparently) what Tati had posted. This is not an attack on Tati by me, or even really a response from me! Just giving PB a chance to respond to Tati and more importantly the other members. This post was approved by a mod.

From Pacific Breeze:

Tati,

You were always fair to me and I let my anger and frustration cloud my judgment in a few PMs to you and other mods. I am sorry. You are a good mod and you didn't need that. I was losing my mind a little at that point. I see things a lot more clearly now than I did a couple of months ago.

Yes, I did want a member here banned for posting links to my personal information on another board. That used to be a banning offense way back when I was a mod. Just because I was stupid enough to use my real name doesnít mean others had a right to use it to ďoutĒ or harass me. I also wanted another member who harassed me non-stop banned, too. And I know that quite a number of people openly called for my banning at GR and another board, and probably privately as well.

I have only received one infraction in all my time at GR. SVZ gave me one for three points last summer. I deserved it. I probably deserved more, but I didn't get them. I had no infraction points at either time that I was banned (the first time was for getting into a huge fight with Wicked, who was also banned).

I always assumed mods had my real name since SVZ has known it since the beginning.

I said that links had been made to ratemyprofessor.com from another board; if I said members had made them, I misspoke. Iím not dumb enough to lie about something like that intentionally. Lots of people had already seen them months earlier Ė truly, Iím not that evil or stupid, but I do tend to get rattled easily.

Every instructor gets bad comments from students. I didnít expect a handful in 7 years to be used against me. I also had some good ones, too.

Iím not aware of any false claims I made against other members to mods, but a lot of shit was floating around in all directions and Iím sure some of it came from me. Thereís this idea that I changed from a reasonable poster into a monster for no reason. Thatís not what happened, but I accept responsibility for what I did. It was wrong.

Iím not denying any of the rest of what you said, Iím not proud of it, but as Soj mentioned, there was some provocation. I donít care about any of it any more, and Iím not getting into a ďhe said, she saidĒ kind of thing. Thereís been too much of that already.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Wise decision NoDay.

Gives me chills that those two are now on the pageant boards with the moms not taking the threat very serious. They will find out the hard way.

With greatest respect Soj, what does that have to do with this thread?

I'm guessing that their little group is responsible for 98% of the so called GR posts over there on the pink board as well as many of the responses. The posting style, language and vitriol do not match members here.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    How do you feel about these "Glitz" pageants?
    Well that is what my daughter competes in is "Glitz" pageants. While I agree that some take pageantry to an extreme I have seen the many advantages it can have for the girls. So I would have to say that I think glitz pageants can be a good and healthy event IF the parent/child do not go to the extreme. And I would say that over 70% do not go to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    They are not judged on their bodies (or face generally) in swimwear though. The purpose is simply another modeling event. They are judged on overall appearance, personality/or modeling ability, fit of the suit/outfit,
    Honey..That IS being judged n their bodies..APPEARANCE, Fit of the suit, modeling ability..c'mon..what do you think that is?

And " The purpose is simply another modeling event' is NOT an answer really now is it?

And actually, if you daughter is really older, as in close to legal age, age of consent, etc. Then I have no real problem with it-she is not a 'little kid' then, and should be old enough to say 'No" If she is 16 or 17 years old, personally I do not care, and she can strut her stuff all she wants. Because SHE would be old enough. BIG difference between that and a 7 year old. Why do you think we have NOT attacked Teens doing this?

There is a reason we used words like 'prostitot' and 'kinderwhore'. These words would NOT apply to a 16 or 17 year old IMO. Hell even I would not apply those terms to any teens..those are for the pre-teen to actual INFANTS in swimsuits. Which is much worse IMO. Pedo's are NOT attracted to teens..more like preteens and under. (while older men lusting after teens is sick, it is not the real sickness of the pedo.).

A swimsuit event (with judging) for girls who have not even reached puberty yet is inherently wrong. Face it, swimsuit events for females are meant to show off the female body, and these kids do not even HAVE 'female' bodies yet! When you have to really try and make them look older by adding fake glue on breasts, tons of makeup, adult hair, etc. to distract from the fact that they do not have real female bodies yet, is an indication that SOMETHING IS WRONG.
    OK OVERALL appearance is more than just their bodies! It is the whole look ...trust me I have seen some of the larger girls win swimwear over girls that have great physically fit bodies (I am talking older girls) And have seen the larger younger girls win as well.

And yes my daughter is an older teen, but see this is were we differ. I personally think it is more appropriate for the younger girls than the teens. But swimwear is my daughters favorite event The reason I think it is more appropriate for the younger is actually why you "somewhat" think it is wrong! Little ones are cute NOT sexy and I am sorry I don't think putting make up on them and baby doll curls (not matter how big) makes them anywhere close to sexy! Do I agree with the winking and butt shaking...no not really but that is a choice each mother has to make and not all the little ones do. And I have yet to see a girl under 12 add boobs. Nor have I ever (or very rarely) seen a grown woman wear babydoll curls (ringlets) to look sexy. ( am talking about pageant hair) Honestly to see a young child as sexy in any type of clothing is sick.

Now I could argue with you about them being a pedophiles haven but I won't waste my time as you are all unwilling to hear actual facts. And yes I do happen to be VERY educated on this matter as I have a degree in Criminal Justice and my main course of study was sex offenders.
    Last edited by nevershoutnever; June 30th, 2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: please excuse my typos....trying to do to many things at once.
    ďDo not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.Ē

course.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    I'm guessing that their little group is responsible for 98% of the so called GR posts over there on the pink board as well as many of the responses. The posting style, language and vitriol do not match members here.
    I agree. I do think the intent though was to hurt people here. I think once the excitement is over they will ditch the pageant moms. Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't think screwing with kids is their goal. I think they like to screw with adults.

Quote Originally Posted by nevershoutnever View Post
    And yes I do happen to be VERY educated on this matter as I have a degree in Criminal Justice and my main coarse of study was sex offenders.
    Good. Maybe someone should pm you the info they have on Miss December and Summer Swelter in case there is a problem on the pageant boards.
    Last edited by Tati; July 1st, 2008 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Good. Maybe someone should pm you the info they have on Miss December and Summer Swelter in case there is a problem on the pageant boards.
    Did you get my PM?
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Thread Information