View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 155 of 199 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    I did answer the swimsuit questions several pages ago. They really aren't judged on their bodies. I don't want to go over it again, but it is on here somewhere.

Most of the pms on the pink boards are disgusting and embarrasing. I know you guys don't believe it, but there truly are some of us who aren't that bad, and if we met you might actually like us! Well, maybe. Just like I don't appreciate people here calling little girls whores, I don't like the horrible bashing that goes on over there.
    I can believe that there are some sane mothers, however it is just difficult for people to wrap their heads around the fact that little girls are being judged by their self-esteem....by strangers. People are more worried about how this could affect these kids long term than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I also love how they posted a Halloween picture of me from 8th fucking grade. I remember a certain pair of floral bedazzled jeans a certain skank was wearing with her middle aged boyfriend, but I'm not low enough to post that here.

* sorry if im behind.. just now getting caught up.
    Yeah...here they are saying shit about US making fun of children..yet they are over there and have POSTED THE PIC OF and made fun of..a pic of an 8th grader.

NICE ONE PAGEANT MOMS!!!! YOU ARE LYING HYPOCRITES!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Definitely not me then.

But if I'm not over there.. who is?

dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn
    That's what I was wondering.. I am not going to ever post there again, I don't care what they post or don't post there. I am just done.

Leaving up all the pageant mom madness at my voy board so that the very next time I hear from CNN or ABC or some talk show producer asking for background info on the pageant mom subculture I'll point at the postings and slip them the links to the various pink boards and others. Might as well make it my life work to educate the general public to this, uh, 'hobby'

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I can believe that there are some sane mothers, however it is just difficult for people to wrap their heads around the fact that little girls are being judged by their self-esteem....by strangers. People are more worried about how this could affect these kids long term than anything.
    I am more worried about children that are starving, actually forced to work as prostitutes, horribly abused by their caregivers, or any of the miriad of horrors that are done to children every day than I am about children involved in pageants.

How in the hell did they find an 8th grade picture of you?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    That's what I was wondering.. I am not going to ever post there again, I don't care what they post or don't post there. I am just done.

Leaving up all the pageant mom madness at my voy board so that the very next time I hear from CNN or ABC or some talk show producer asking for background info on the pageant mom subculture I'll point at the postings and slip them the links to the various pink boards and others. Might as well make it my life work to educate the general public to this, uh, 'hobby'
    Absolutely. In fact, I would initiate a call to them to see if they want to do an expose on that subculture.. Why wait for them to call you? I say DO IT!

I am more worried about children that are starving, actually forced to work as prostitutes, horribly abused by their caregivers, or any of the miriad of horrors that are done to children every day than I am about children involved in pageants.
    That's because you're biased. You don't see how fucked up pageantry is.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    How in the hell did they find an 8th grade picture of you?
    When the old (so we thought) private forum with the pic threads was up, hell people were posting all kinds of pics of themselves, their pets, their children.

There were some of us advising not to post pics, not only of yourself but also of your children. Hell even AFTER this shit with MISS D and SS went down, and the pic forums went, someone wanted to make a pic thread..for posting pics of..THEIR CHILDREN!

I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT honestly...but it isn't about that this discussion is about child pageants, and how they can negatively affect children. I understand there are bigger concerns but IT ISN'T ABOUT THAT..in this thread...I don't know why that is difficult to understand. It's like every time someone points it out or ask a question one of you jump to some argument about something like that..well hell yeah it is a giant problem, and it needs to be dealt with..but the point is ...this thread isn't about that.

And for whatever reason I have yet to hear a decent argument about why these "pageants" are okay. If that's the case hell let me go into a thread about useless celebrities, and complain about how there are more important issues in the world. SURE, there are plenty..however once the THREAD ISN'T ABOUT that.

Hell, I KNOW there are bigger issues, we talk about them all the time believe me you can search and find hundreds of threads about..and no I don't know anyone here that sits down and says this is more important than those issues.. however many people look at MANY/MOST pageants as being abusive towards children to some extent.... regarding self-esteem.

I just kind of insulting that you are basically being a smart ass about it, when I asked an honest question.. maybe I am taking it the wrong way? If so I apologize.

It's a "well, you think THIS is bad, what about THAT. Go talk about THAT, and leave THIS alone."

like it excuses the original topic from ever being looked at critically
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The 8th grade picture of me is on some stupid Halloween website. You google stylejunkiex and it pops up... albeit a few pages back... these fuckers are obsessed.

anything you have online in picture form, change the name to it or take it down

I guess that we are just so open in my family and actually make jokes about the differences we have as the world perceives them, that I forget about being politically correct when I come back to the real world.

On the other hand, I think you are just politically correct and have no relationship with anything in the real world.
    I am the last one to be politically correct, I just know the right shit to say..and that comes from living in the real world. Where kids don't have to dress up like little whores, with slutty hair and make-up to appease their obese parents-who have no real lives of their own because they are all fixated on living their non existing lives through their kids!
    I live in a bullshit free zone so I don't buy a lot of shit folks sell..and lady I am not buying yours. Forget saying I have a diverse group of family and friends, because that is just who we are without protesting to much!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Actually they were laughing about this post among others. Perhaps all the errors are due to being from Australia?

Please tell me where I say anything about looks being everything. From you statement we can view you in two different ways.

1. You were unable to read my post. Sullivan learning can help you with that.

Or

2. You have such a low IQ that you were unable to figure out what my post meant. I dont think anything can help with that. I think it is genitic, you know low family intelligence level.

Oh, sorry you probably didnt understand what I just said. Here let me make it easier for you. YOUR NOT SMART.
    Goddammit. You're. YOU'RE! Sweet taco-lovin' Jesus, manatees, get it right. When you try to insult someone's intelligence and can't even use a proper contraction, guess what? You're the one who looks like an idiot.

I will leave the typos and misspelled words alone, however. I can forgive you for that, bless yer heart.
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    anything you have online in picture form, change the name to it or take it down
    Yeah, but once they've copied it to their hard drives it's a little too late.

Thread Information