View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 148 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    WTF is this for real?!!!
    That is his 'headshot'

check out his thread in hot guys ala Honey!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    You know, all of us pageant families have those type of memories too. My grand daughter cut off all of her hair at the age of 3. Actually, she and her friend gave each other haircuts! Her mom almost had a heart attack because she had to tell the other mom that her daughter had no hair left!

The point is that pageant kids are just kids and do all of the things other kids do. They wear costumes on stage for a few minutes, and the rest of the time you wouldn't be able to pick them out of the crowd.

I feel like you guys think they wear all this stuff 24/7.

You are trying way to hard to convince me, I don't believe you...I just can't. I may not have kids, yet..but I do know the right and wrong memories, values, and standards to instill in a child..and those aren't it. I was in girl scouts, marching band, and dance when I was in elementary school through 8th grade. I never had whorish outfits, there was NEVER no make-up..the same girls I was in the Girl Scouts with, were the same girls I danced and marched with..we had FUN, our parents got along, we got along..no competition..some of us are still good friends to this day!! Great childhood memories and values that I are with me still. And if I wanted to blow off a dance show to go to a birthday party, oh well..my mom didn't mind because her existence/happiness/self-esteem wasn't based on whether I put my leotard on that day for people to cheer for me. I was always told I was beautiful, and knew my parents were proud of me just for being me.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Matthe Problymme:

If Gynessa-Marie received a 4-starred tiara for her 4th birthday party 2 weeks ago, will she be able to enter the Little Miss Queen Princess Supreme Class 5, Division 2, 6 months from now in the 3 1/2 to 4 3/4 year age range competition against her 10-lb overweight fat, ugly rival 8-time winner Constynse-Variatee?

With that line of reasoning, then we should wait until adulthood before doing any type of activity outside of schoolwork. Children are placed into activities all the time because of their parent's interests. Baseball, football, basketball, gymnastics, music lessons, cheerleading, dance, etc. Most of these activities are started at too young of an age for the child to make the choice as they are not adults yet.
    I think you underestimate the pressure pageant moms have on their kids. Kids arent stupid. They KNOW that their parents are spending a LOT of money on pageants. Seriously, how can a kid say "I dont want to do it anymore" When parents go off their rocker if they dont do everything exactly right?
    Maybe with sports and activities like you have listed, the same thing occurs. But like it or not, there IS a distinct difference. Playing baseball, football, basketball, etc, there is no emphasis on looks, appearences and looks are not being judged. Ability is.
    If a kid sucks at a sport, thats okay they can get better at it. But if they suck at pageants because they arent beautiful? they arent good enough? Damn...how can you improve your looks?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Matthe Problymme:

If Gynessa-Marie received a 4-starred tiara for her 4th birthday party 2 weeks ago, will she be able to enter the Little Miss Queen Princess Supreme Class 5, Division 2, 6 months from now in the 3 1/2 to 4 3/4 year age range competition against her 10-lb overweight fat, ugly rival 8-time winner Constynse-Variatee?
    No matthe..noe matthe..heade it lik huert badd nowe...

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    No matthe..noe matthe..heade it lik huert badd nowe...
    No present for you today

i refuse to believe pageantry makes one revert to ye olde englische
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

With that line of reasoning, then we should wait until adulthood before doing any type of activity outside of schoolwork. Children are placed into activities all the time because of their parent's interests. Baseball, football, basketball, gymnastics, music lessons, cheerleading, dance, etc. Most of these activities are started at too young of an age for the child to make the choice as they are not adults yet.
    Those other activities involves the actual development of skills.What exactly does a pageant do?Running around the stage almost singing 'Im prettier than her,pick me!pick me!'

onli 2 bd englih

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Matthe Problymme:

YYes! because that was a personal gain of a heavy crown which brought her competing potential and weight within 2lbs of Constynse-Variatee. The two weeks over four will bring her the rest of the way!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    i refuse to believe pageantry makes one revert to ye olde englische

Why? Most of them were illiterate back then too.

myy Englyshe prytty bahd..I pahgynnte manatyy

SVZ

Look out! It's a motorboat rotor!

That's probably true, I'll give you that. The difference is that children in these activities often learn how to balance their time between school work, practices & playing with friends. You would also hope that these kids are given the option of different sports or instruments to play. When I was a kid that seemed to be the case.

I started swimming on a competitive team at age 6 and continued until I was 18 - with a 1 year break at 16-17. Personally, I learned time management because I had a lot to do everyday and needed to get it all done. My parents were very involved in the swimming culture...but performing well at school was far more important to them than my swimming. Plus, the reason I took a break was because I decided for myself that I didn't want to swim anymore. I wanted to be a regular high school student. My parents totally understood. I never felt like it was forced and up until I was 16 I loved swimming and loved going to practice.

I've gotten the impression that a lot of the kids in pageants - and maybe these are just the kids featured on docs. I've seen on TV - focus 90% of their attention of pageants and 10% on everything else. In the docs. I've watched the kids never seem like they are having a great time, but are there to please their parents.

not only that, swimming is a damn SPORT. It's great physical exercise, it takes strength and determination, and is USEFULL.. and all you need is a bathing suit (not being judged on how you look in it either) and goggles.

Pageants are NOT A SPORT.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information