View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 147 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well at least the dancing involves.. dancing. Not just standing there pouting in a bathing suit for some, as yet undetermined, reason.
    Why not ask Stephen Walters, MR. Civic America Lifetime King, pageant judge extraordinaire, and southern minister? HE might know since he is, y'know, a judge and all.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/hot...ml#post1265215

why did someone photochop joey fatone? LOL

It looks like fucking KD lang mustache

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post

The point is that pageant kids are just kids and do all of the things other kids do. They wear costumes on stage for a few minutes, and the rest of the time you wouldn't be able to pick them out of the crowd.

I feel like you guys think they wear all this stuff 24/7.
    Okay,even if we do ignore the makeup and costumes,pageants still focus on the appearance of the child.Why should some poor kid parade around in front of a bunch of strangers(again with/without makeup and some hideous costume)only to be judged on looks?To build the PM's sense of superiority over the other mothers?To boost their own ego?And I dont buy that its only done for the children,they enjoy it and all that crap.Why not wait till they're adults and think for themselves whether they 'enjoy' pageantry and then do whatever the hell they want about it.

Its hard enough that they have to go through the issue of self-image in their teens,but to put it into their minds that looks are everything at such a young age is absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    Its hard enough that they have to go through the issue of self-image in their teens,but to put it into their minds that looks are everything at such a young age is absolutely disgusting.
    I agree.

The whole pageant thing goes entirely against everything I've tried to teach my daughters.

Oh come on, you want your kids to end up like that airheaded, vapid set of boobs on that wife-swap show. You know, the one whose mother did all her homework for her (no teacher EVER questioned that?), who couldn't spell basic words, thought reading was "yuck" and who got a present EVERY DAY for no reason at all?

*shudder*

I don't think I could be in the same room with someone so obviously mentally stunted. I'd want to ram her face in War & Peace and make her finish it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I want a present every day

You haven't earned it, you unsparkling bitch. Get back on stage and try not to look fat in your skimpy bathing suit.

and don't you click your flipper at ME young lady or I'll make you do simple math problems. Don't think i won't!

And what if it turns out that some of these girls don't end up that great looking? Many of these parents put all the emphasis on the kid's looks. Most likely they've also neglected to place education as a priority. Where does that leave the kid? It's just like with child stars. Take that Lipnicki kid for example. He was super cute when he was in Jerry Mcguire. Not so cute as he got older. Not employable. Where is he now? I can only hope his parents got him an education so he was able to do something else. When they marginalize a child like these pageant mothers do, by saying beauty is the ONLY thing, they're handicapping their children.

BrB I need to puke so that I dont look so fat. Can I have some more make up on? I need longer fake eyelashes. Please mommy dearest dont make me do homework it too harddddddddddddddddddd

SVZ

unsparkling bitch

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    Why not wait till they're adults and think for themselves whether they 'enjoy' pageantry and then do whatever the hell they want about it.
    With that line of reasoning, then we should wait until adulthood before doing any type of activity outside of schoolwork. Children are placed into activities all the time because of their parent's interests. Baseball, football, basketball, gymnastics, music lessons, cheerleading, dance, etc. Most of these activities are started at too young of an age for the child to make the choice as they are not adults yet.

Quote Originally Posted by myddlovespageants View Post
    I am not trying to justify pageants! I am trying to help you understand that not everyone has a bad experience with pageants!

Yes, they do wear more makeup in cheerleading and dance. No one is making parents put on all the makeup, etc in pageants. Many babies compete just as they are except for wearing a custom dress. They aren't being judged just on their looks. They are scored on different events! Most of the girls in pageants enjoy them and work hard to win on the national level! My daughter is 10, she can tell me if she wants to be in them or not! She loves the glitz pageants! We started out in natural and she asked to try glitz. If she ever asked me to stop we would! Again, they are judged in dance and cheerleading just as they are in pageants, they are just judged as a group instead of individual score. You will also find they have bash boards for cheerleading and dance just as they do for pageants!
    I can't believe the absurdity of this statement! What kind of "event" can a baby possibly compete in, especially if they are not judged on their looks? Most drool produced, fastest 10 ft crawl???? Obviously babies do not have a choice as to whether or not they compete. This is clearly for the parents satisfaction.

SVZ

Synchronized farting?

I hate to break it to them, but many of the girls aren't that great-looking NOW. Yet they think they are because they're in pageants. What happens when reality slams them in the face?

Did anyone watch that Kid Nation show last year with the two pageant girls? I never saw such awful, bratty kids in my life! I'm a beauty queen, I don't do dishes... I can't imagine what those girls will be like as adults.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Why not ask Stephen Walters, MR. Civic America Lifetime King, pageant judge extraordinaire, and southern minister? HE might know since he is, y'know, a judge and all.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/hot...ml#post1265215
    WTF is this for real?!!!

Thread Information