View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 143 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

By age 3 my DD loved playing dress up. She had trunkloads of dress up clothes. She got into my make up once - you should see the pics!!! I let her wear her Cinderella costume to the grocery store once too. Everyone told her she was beautiful. The next day I took her to the store in a pair of purple pants with an orange shirt because she dressed herself and was proud. Other Moms gave me that knowing smile and told her how pretty she looked in purple and orange. Then there was the time when she cut her own hair too - what a beauty queen she was then. These are my favorite photos and memories.

Quote Originally Posted by myddlovespageants View Post
    All that I am asking is please do your research before you bash innocent kids!
    you keep saying 'do your research' but when we ask questions, we keep getting the same non answers.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    By age 3 my DD loved playing dress up. She had trunkloads of dress up clothes. She got into my make up once - you should see the pics!!! I let her wear her Cinderella costume to the grocery store once too. Everyone told her she was beautiful. The next day I took her to the store in a pair of purple pants with an orange shirt because she dressed herself and was proud. Other Moms gave me that knowing smile and told her how pretty she looked in purple and orange. Then there was the time when she cut her own hair too - what a beauty queen she was then. These are my favorite photos and memories.
    You telling me that purple and orange do not go together?

*missing the gay fashion gene here..

Have the insomnia gene though..sigh

Sweet stories, now those are great childhood memories!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bronze Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    If you have to justify pageants, by saying 'cheerleading girls wear more make up, or they get tanned too', then there's a problem. Why can't toddlers be toddlers and just play..what is the need to make them compete.
    What in the world are you folks getting out of doing these things TO those poor children, because guess what it is for THE MOMS enjoyment, not the kids. It is like you are fulfilling something through them!! For the life of me I don't understand. Parading a child in front of judges so they can be judged on their looks is alright with you?
    I am not trying to justify pageants! I am trying to help you understand that not everyone has a bad experience with pageants!

Yes, they do wear more makeup in cheerleading and dance. No one is making parents put on all the makeup, etc in pageants. Many babies compete just as they are except for wearing a custom dress. They aren't being judged just on their looks. They are scored on different events! Most of the girls in pageants enjoy them and work hard to win on the national level! My daughter is 10, she can tell me if she wants to be in them or not! She loves the glitz pageants! We started out in natural and she asked to try glitz. If she ever asked me to stop we would! Again, they are judged in dance and cheerleading just as they are in pageants, they are just judged as a group instead of individual score. You will also find they have bash boards for cheerleading and dance just as they do for pageants!

Aw, I love kids! I can't wait until mine can cut her hair off and pick out her own clothes. Kids are the best, mine makes me so happy by just being herself!!!

I am not trying to justify pageants! I am trying to help you understand that not everyone has a bad experience with pageants!

Yes, they do wear more makeup in cheerleading and dance. No one is making parents put on all the makeup, etc in pageants. Many babies compete just as they are except for wearing a custom dress. They aren't being judged just on their looks. They are scored on different events! Most of the girls in pageants enjoy them and work hard to win on the national level! My daughter is 10, she can tell me if she wants to be in them or not! She loves the glitz pageants! We started out in natural and she asked to try glitz. If she ever asked me to stop we would! Again, they are judged in dance and cheerleading just as they are in pageants, they are just judged as a group instead of individual score. You will also find they have bash boards for cheerleading and dance just as they do for pageants!
    What do you think of those 'headshots' that are photoshopped beyond belief, with the 'dead doll eyes', 60 year old matron hair piled on, flippers in place.?

Does you own DD have a headshot like that?

At the glitz pageants does she strut and stick her butt out at the judges and blow them kisses while wearing a skimpy bikini?

Even if kids WANT to do this..is it ok for the parents to let them? Hell if she wanted to drink or smoke, would that be ok?

I disagree completly. At the age of 10 she is still doing what she believes she is supposed to do because Mommy schedules it for her. I am sure you get all excited when she wins or when you buy her new competition outfits. She sees your excitement and wants to please you.

Bronze Member

Yes, she does have headshots! Most of the photos you have copied on this board are not the photos that most pageant girls have. Those photos are from bad retouchers. There are only a few well known pageant photographers that national circuit contestants use. Many that you have posted are from bad retouchers and you would never see them win at a national pageant. Many national pageants have added natural photogenic. For this event the photos are not allowed to be retouched. Also, for some of the banners you have posted, if you knew the girls most of them look the same except for their makeup being flawless on their pics. My daughter loves to attend the photo shoots, it is like playing dress up. If you compete on the national level the contestant must have natural and glitz photos. My daughters glitz photos are never used or shown unless we enter them at a pageant. Those are not pics that I have hanging on my walls.

SVZ

i use fake tanner, but only because i refuse to become a leather bag at 40

Bronze Member

Sorry, but my daughter loves them. Yes, I do get excited when she wins but I am sure you would do the same if your child won something! We only compete at a national one time a month, we are not your full circuit pageant family. We enjoy them and have a good time! I am going to enjoy them with her while I can, I am sure this is something she will not continue in years to come. Not for the reason she doesn't like them for the fact they take a lot of time to get ready. She will start a social life in the next few years. Many girls get out of pageants around the age of 14-15 and then some choose to start them again around the age of 18. I know several girls that were in pageants that went on to the Miss USA system. I hope one day my daughter may choose to do that, if not I will support her in whatever she chooses.

^^ I see majority of the ones that are really out there on the internet...it seems like are the "glitz"...I am assuming because they are so overpowering...where are these other websites with the natural looks to prove your point?

I've seen a few..that were decent.

Bronze Member

Yes, most that you all have posted are glitz! Most of the girls that compete have glitz and natural photos. There are decent retouchers also, that do not make our kids look like monsters. Some of the photos posted on this thread are scary especially the baby with no neck! That photo would never score well at a national! I can only think of 4 pageant photographers that many circuit girls use for glitz photos. All of these photographers have retouchers that work just for that photographer. They do not advertise their services online as the ones you have copied.

Yes, most that you all have posted are glitz! Most of the girls that compete have glitz and natural photos. There are decent retouchers also, that do not make our kids look like monsters. Some of the photos posted on this thread are scary especially the baby with no neck! That photo would never score well at a national! I can only think of 4 pageant photographers that many circuit girls use for glitz photos. All of these photographers have retouchers that work just for that photographer. They do not advertise their services online as the ones you have copied.
    and most of the picture we've posted look like whores

Bronze Member

NAME CALLING IS UNCALLED FOR! I didn't see any photos that looked like a whore. I noticed several photos with awful retouching but that is not the childs fault! Calling a child a name like that is uncalled for! Wasn't you taught,"If you couldn't say something nice, it is best not to say anything at all." No need to call any of these girls names, if you don't agree with pageants that is fine you have the right to voice your opinion without name calling!

Thread Information