View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 142 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by myddlovespageants View Post
    Photos shouldn't be posted of any child glitz or natural! It is obvious that many on this board hate pageants! I feel all the photos that you and many others copied to this board is wrong! No child, director, vendor, etc deserves that! How would you feel if someone did this to your child? My daughter wears more makeup for cheerleading competitions then she does in pageants. However, the media gives pageants a bad name and people like yourself judge them before knowing all the facts!
    Dont take the picture in the first place. You cant take it and make your child look like somethings shes not then complain when people comment on it in a negative way. You put it on the internet in the first place. You also put your child up to be judged on her appearence by appearing in pageants, how is this any different? We're judging your DD on the picture you choose to have taken of her and put on the interenet. If you dont like it? Take it off. Dont take anymore.

How can you compare a cheerleading competition to pageants? Cheerleading is for teenagers. It is also a display of altheticism, it takes a lot of training and practice to get those cheerleading routines right. Its not just wack on some makeup and wear a slutty outfit. It's hard work.

And I will judge pageants. I'll judge them on how they force CHILDREN to dress up in skimpy, slutty outfits, wear make up + all the others stuff that CHILDREN shouldnt be wearing. I'll judge them on how they whore up children and put them out there for pedophiles to see. You think there arent pedophiles looking at pictures of your DDs or at pageants watching them? You think they dont know where your message boards are or how to google pageants? or anything else like that? Do you really think that we're bullshitting about that? Honest to fucking god, how fucking idioctic can you get? Naive moronic manatees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    My daughter wears more makeup for cheerleading competitions then she does in pageants.

Maybe this should be a new thread: Cheerleading: too slutty and competitive now?
    Cheerleading is what teenagers and adults do. Not toddlers.

Bronze Member

BTW, not all pageant moms bash! Yes, the so called pink boards give most pageant moms a bad name! I do agree with that! However, you have the same people posting on \those boards over and over after every pageant. If little Susie wins the pageant was great, if she doesn't the pageant was rigged or full of COI! Some Moms do not realize they are only paying for an opinion for that day! Overall, most pageant Moms are nice and helpful! The pink board has caused many great directors, vendors, contestants, etc to get out of pageants for the reason they do not like the bashing! Lots of great directors, coaches, photographers, desigers, and pageant contestants are bashed over and over! Mainly because someone is jealous or has a miserable life! My daughter has been involved with national pageants for seven years and overall we have had lots of postive experiences. I feel sorry for those pageant moms that live on the pink board! They need to look in the mirror before they bash someone else, their bashing is not going to change the outcome of the pageant! Then they ask why the media gives pageants such a bad name! The pink board should answer their questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    Cheerleading is what teenagers and adults do. Not toddlers.
    Agreed. But can it still be too slutty and competitive, too cutthroat(Texax cheerleader killing moms, etc) too involved and risky(many teen girls getting injured)?

I know it is VERY different.

so I started a new thread.

And what can they not understand about USING PARAGRAPHS!!!!

BTW, not all pageant moms bash! Yes, the so called pink boards give most pageant moms a bad name! I do agree with that! However, you have the same people posting on \those boards over and over after every pageant. If little Susie wins the pageant was great, if she doesn't the pageant was rigged or full of COI! Some Moms do not realize they are only paying for an opinion for that day! Overall, most pageant Moms are nice and helpful! The pink board has caused many great directors, vendors, contestants, etc to get out of pageants for the reason they do not like the bashing! Lots of great directors, coaches, photographers, desigers, and pageant contestants are bashed over and over! Mainly because someone is jealous or has a miserable life! My daughter has been involved with national pageants for seven years and overall we have had lots of postive experiences. I feel sorry for those pageant moms that live on the pink board! They need to look in the mirror before they bash someone else, their bashing is not going to change the outcome of the pageant! Then they ask why the media gives pageants such a bad name! The pink board should answer their questions!
    Funny how you keep ignoring our posts, dont comment directly on what we say, just keep writing the same things over and over again. Why did you bother signing up to Gossip Rocks if all you intended to do was write walls of text and avoid answering our questions?

Bronze Member

Many toddlers are in cheerleading! They have dance teams starting at the age of 4! They wear fake hair, tans, and lots of makeup! Do your research! Most dance teams require all the young girls to be tanned before competition!

Many toddlers are in cheerleading! They have dance teams starting at the age of 4! They wear fake hair, tans, and lots of makeup! Do your research! Most dance teams require all the young girls to be tanned before competition!
    Well thanks for that. The new thread is waiting.

Are there decent boards where the more 'natural' pageant people go to?

We have basically not seen any of those. The pink board is horrific and makes us here look like saints. You may hate us for this thread and what we have posted and all, but that board as of a few minutes ago was making us look like SAINTS here by comparison.

I would ask if you could post some links to any 'decent' boards that would give a better image of pageants..especially the more 'natural' ones, that reflect better on the whole thing, but I will not..I am sure you are all afraid of a massed attack or something so no problem there.

Photos shouldn't be posted of any child glitz or natural! It is obvious that many on this board hate pageants! I feel all the photos that you and many others copied to this board is wrong! No child, director, vendor, etc deserves that! How would you feel if someone did this to your child? My daughter wears more makeup for cheerleading competitions then she does in pageants. However, the media gives pageants a bad name and people like yourself judge them before knowing all the facts!
    the media doesnt give pageants a bad name, the pageants do that. the make up on the kids we're talking about is just hideous. they all look like Stepford children. And, if you see US talking about it, just imagine what is being said by others. obviously something is wrong with it.

and can you please please please form PARAGRAPHS??? as someone else said, your posts are difficult to read. thank you for shopping GR
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Dancing is different to cheerleading. And both are different to parading your child infront of a group of middleaged men to be judged on her appareance.
    Just because its happening in other places, doesnt mean pageants are ok and acceptable. Its pathetic that you have that line of thinking. I pity your 'dd'.

Bronze Member

I pity you for judging something you know nothing about!

Did you realize that people off the street are not allowed to enter the ballrooms where the pageant is held? Most pageants only allow family members, etc to watch. With cheerleading and dancing you never know what kind of person is watching your child! It is very clear that you only know what is presented to you by the media or online!

Yep and abusive parents get their little lolitas tanned and pay these jackass gym and dance studio owners for the "priviledge".

Did you realize that people off the street are not allowed to enter the ballrooms where the pageant is held? Most pageants only allow family members, etc to watch. With cheerleading and dancing you never know what kind of person is watching your child! It is very clear that you only know what is presented to you by the media or online!
    And it is clear that you are so tied up in the system that you can't see how you are abusing your DD. I can't imagine what it would feel like to know that Mommy thinks I need to have a fake tan, fake hair, etc to be beautiful.
    Last edited by Tati; June 30th, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

I pity you for thinking that your child is benefitting from being judge on how much make up, fake hair, fake tan, and fake everything else she has. and how slutty she looks.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    And it is clear that you are so tied up in the system that you can't see how you are abusing your DD. I can't imagine what it would feel like to know that Mommy thinks I need to have a fake tan, fake hair, etc to be beautiful.
    That is completely my point....I'm watching that wifeswap with the pageant girl...damn...that father is worse then the mother. the girl is stupid.
    Dont these people realise that in 20 years time your DD wont be so beautiful? she'll be old and saggy and need her BRAINS.
    But if you just tell her the only thing good about her is her looks and how much make up she wears....i wonder if she will make it to BE 20...
    Last edited by Tati; June 30th, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I can't imagine what it would feel like to know that Mommy thinks I need to have a fake tan, fake hair, etc to be beautiful.
    ding ding ding... you got it right with that comment! perfect!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If you have to justify pageants, by saying 'cheerleading girls wear more make up, or they get tanned too', then there's a problem. Why can't toddlers be toddlers and just play..what is the need to make them compete.
    What in the world are you folks getting out of doing these things TO those poor children, because guess what it is for THE MOMS enjoyment, not the kids. It is like you are fulfilling something through them!! For the life of me I don't understand. Parading a child in front of judges so they can be judged on their looks is alright with you?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bronze Member

There are many systems that are natural! It seems most of the posting by you and your members are copied are glitz photos & advertisements. Most of the banners copied are from advertisement boards. Which many of these are used for glitz and natural advertisements. There are popular boards that are called high traffic boards in which these boards do not allow bashing. These boards are used daily for all the advertisements only! Just as most sport fans would go to ESPN for sports information we go to pageant boards. This is where all directors, coaches, photographers, etc post their vendor information.

There are several nationals that are natural. These are pageants that do not allow anything fake! Some of the ones I see banners for include: Sunshine, OLM, Little Miss America, Beautiful Me, Tiny Miss, etc. Again, some parents do not like natural and only have interest in glitz pageants. It seems like the prizes for glitz are higher but you have a lot more cost involved before the pageant. All that I am asking is please do your research before you bash innocent kids!

Thread Information