View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 141 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Steven is now in the hot guys folder

I went back a couple pages to find his name out

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post

this is his 'head shot' lol
    Whaddya mean? This IS Grimm!!!!! Hey pageantmoms, come and look at this!!! Told ya he was HOT
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I feel the need to comment on this - and I take no issue at all with Soj disagreeing with PB's banning, that's totally cool... but! A lot of people seem to think that PB's banning was a product of the drama and havoc wrought by MissD and SS - and it really wasn't. PB was an enormous source of drama long before they entered the picture. She had already been banned once, which nearly everyone seems to forget about. She could have been banned probably three times over under the "not keeping good fellowship" rule before she received her actual banning (we gave her the benefit of the doubt for a looong time). She dragged drama all over the boards, threw hissy fits, spammed the mods with endless PMs demanding we take action about things that weren't even taking place on this board. She fed the mods a lot of negative information about other members which I was easily able to find false - she made no bones about wanting several members banned and tried to bolster her argument with these false claims. If that's not someone who needed to be booted from this community I don't know what is.

^ Thank you!!! I learned PB's real name ages ago and looked at her RateMyProfessor page the first time she made accusations about other members (which was well before MissD and SS's time). She most recently accused members of posting comments there after her banning here, and yet the only comments were the same ones as were there two-three years ago. So that was a blatant lie, guess she didn't realize that a mod actually knew her name and could verify this information. I lost a lot of respect for PB right there. I can damn well see that no new comments were made in three years (and anyone who knows her name can see the same thing), yet twice in that time period she accused members here of posting nasty comments.

eta: just had a look there again. Same comments as the very first time I checked. The time frame doesn't really allow for any of them to be from GR posters, yet she'd like us to believe that's where all the bad ones come from.

Shit. I hate hearing this stuff. I still think to a large extent PB was driven to do some of this by the way she was scapegoated and singled out in a sort of herd mentality..shit.

So does this mean that, no matter what we may say or plead, that PB can never come back and be given another chance given the circumstances of what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Whaddya mean? This IS Grimm!!!!! Hey pageantmoms, come and look at this!!! Told ya he was HOT
    i swear if this ends up as Grimms avi, i'll need adult diapers.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Okay, really which one of you photoshopped that picture?

A*O

i swear if this ends up as Grimms avi, i'll need adult diapers.
    Break out the Depends ladies. [Shit, I bet most of you bitches don't even know what they are]
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

this is his 'head shot' lol
    I dunno guys, does he look gay enough to be Grimm?

Bronze Member

Exclamation Cash prizes at pageants

Many pageants are known for not giving their cash prizes. You have many national systems that stand behind what they say they are giving. The pageants that give cash on stage are usually the best ones to attend. There was a national a few weeks ago where the director did not pay winners and wrote bad checks for her payout. These are the pageants to avoid! A lot of directors will advertise on their banners if they are awarding cash on stage. Again, it is best to do research on these pageants before you bash them. Many systems give out wonderful prizes to the contestants and have many fun things for the kids over the weekend. My daughter has many great memories from pageants, not everything is negative. It is obvious that most on this board hate pageants, but I am sure that many would not agree with everything involved with your life either. As the saying goes, "Don't Judge A Book by it's cover".

Quote Originally Posted by myddlovespageants View Post
    Many pageants are known for not giving their cash prizes. You have many national systems that stand behind what they say they are giving. The pageants that give cash on stage are usually the best ones to attend. There was a national a few weeks ago where the director did not pay winners and wrote bad checks for her payout. These are the pageants to avoid! A lot of directors will advertise on their banners if they are awarding cash on stage. Again, it is best to do research on these pageants before you bash them. Many systems give out wonderful prizes to the contestants and have many fun things for the kids over the weekend. My daughter has many great memories from pageants, not everything is negative. It is obvious that most on this board hate pageants, but I am sure that many would not agree with everything involved with your life either. As the saying goes, "Don't Judge A Book by it's cover".
    I think the kind of pageants to avoid are the ones that judge your child on how beautiful she looks in layers of makeup, fake hair, fake tan, fake teeth, slutty clothes.

Bronze Member

Default Again do your research

Not all pageants are judged on clothes, facial beauty, h/m, modeling, tan, etc. You are only taking a small percentage of pageants which are glitz and bashing them! There are Natural pageants, that do not allow anything fake. Why bash all pageants for something you know very little about? If you don't like or agree with them that is your opinion but for the ones that do enjoy them, why put them down just because you don't like them or agree with what goes on? Your opinion will not stop pageants, as it is just an opinion! You don't have to bring photos of innocent children to a board for other adults to bash. There are many great natural pageants that do not allow tans, fake hair, custom clothing, makeup, modeling, or retouched photos. Many of these girls you are bashing enjoy being in pageants. Bringing photos to this board for everyone to bash is not helping anyone or the matter. Have any of you bashing ever attended a national pageant? Maybe you should see firsthand before you judge them! You could see that many of the girls love being on stage! Also, you need to realize that not all pageants require the girls to be made up. Also, if you do your research you will find that many so called pageant girls have successful jobs and great lifestyles!

SVZ

Not all pageants are judged on clothes, facial beauty, h/m, modeling, tan, etc. You are only taking a small percentage of pageants which are glitz and bashing them! There are Natural pageants, that do not allow anything fake. Why bash all pageants for something you know very little about? If you don't like or agree with them that is your opinion but for the ones that do enjoy them, why put them down just because you don't like them or agree with what goes on? Your opinion will not stop pageants, as it is just an opinion! You don't have to bring photos of innocent children to a board for other adults to bash. There are many great natural pageants that do not allow tans, fake hair, custom clothing, makeup, modeling, or retouched photos. Many of these girls you are bashing enjoy being in pageants. Bringing photos to this board for everyone to bash is not helping anyone or the matter. Have any of you bashing ever attended a national pageant? Maybe you should see firsthand before you judge them! You could see that many of the girls love being on stage! Also, you need to realize that not all pageants require the girls to be made up. Also, if you do your research you will find that many so called pageant girls have successful jobs and great lifestyles!

do your research becky!

Nobody is posting pics of or commenting badly on the 'natural ones'(or their mothers) and if those are the ones you are supporting, then what is the problem?

*that pic is going to freakin' haunt me...

Dont any of you pageants moms know how to use PARAGRAPHS?
    WALL OF TEXT MAKE PEOPLE NOT WANT TO READ.

What difference does it make if we are bashing your kids for their photoshopped fake pictures, or if its other pageant moms? You all bash each other incessantly. But if an "outsider" does it, its horrible?
    Jesus, if you dont want your kid looking like a protiutite and being called one, then dont put the make up and slutty clothes on her. How hard is that for you to understand? Your making your DD into jail bait and something for pedophiles to get off on. Oh wait, WE'RE the pedophiles for thinking that, right? right? Because how on earth would a normal person look at those pictures and think that a pedophile would love them. You're sexualising your children, but we're the ones with the problem. Right...

Bronze Member

Photos shouldn't be posted of any child glitz or natural! It is obvious that many on this board hate pageants! I feel all the photos that you and many others copied to this board is wrong! No child, director, vendor, etc deserves that! How would you feel if someone did this to your child? My daughter wears more makeup for cheerleading competitions then she does in pageants. However, the media gives pageants a bad name and people like yourself judge them before knowing all the facts!

Photos shouldn't be posted of any child glitz or natural! It is obvious that many on this board hate pageants! I feel all the photos that you and many others copied to this board is wrong! No child, director, vendor, etc deserves that! How would you feel if someone did this to your child? My daughter wears more makeup for cheerleading competitions then she does in pageants. However, the media gives pageants a bad name and people like yourself judge them before knowing all the facts!
    My daughter wears more makeup for cheerleading competitions then she does in pageants.

Maybe this should be a new thread: Cheerleading: too slutty and competitive now?

Thread Information