View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 138 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

A*O

Let's just drop it OK? Ancient history. And my name is Jacqueline as many people here could have told you. No big secret.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yet you did this to your daughter until just recently right? I am happy that you are dishing the dirt and providing the "insiders" view but I can't seem forget that you were one of them until very recently. I am happy for your daughter's sake that you have seen the light. I just don't understand how and why you have done a complete turn around and now despise what you supported. I would think if you simply decided it was not for you, you would have quietly walked away. Instead you have turned on them with a vengence. What happened that turned you off to the pageants? I just can't help but to feel there is more to your story.
    This was almost 2 years ago and it was for a very short period of time. I have seen pure evil in this pageant community and I feel very strongly about that. I have seen what moms will do to other moms for the sake of a win or leg up. I have seen what moms do to not only their children, but the competition's children. I have heard moms spew pure evil at other moms and children and about them. What I saw and heard in our short time competing made me very angry at the entire industry. The child abuse that I saw outside of the regular grooming for a pageant was unforgivable. Mothers slapping their girls, screaming at them, and so on if these little girls did not jump through hoops to their mothers satisfaction. I know what goes on behind the scenes and it sickens me. All in the name of winning. THIS is why I have done a complete turn around. We started out doing pageants for FUN. Once I saw what the veteran mothers had become, I wanted to be sure I got me and my child out before I too potentially became crown hungry willing to do anything for a win. My #1 priority is to my kids. My own satisfaction is a bit lower on that priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    My thoughts exactly. She is either trying to hard to fit in over here, or there is some story behind this. Strange.
    I have no desire to "try hard" to fit in on an internet forum. I would be a sad soul and in desperate need of IRL socialization if that were in fact the case.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Let's just drop it OK? Ancient history. And my name is Jacqueline as many people here could have told you. No big secret.
    I didn't know that, but it's a pretty name!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Munro View Post
    A secretly coded text message was your proof? Please tell me this rumor that I have heard isn't proof, because you strike me as someone waaaaay too intelligent to fall for something like that. Also, if you received this alleged proof via Skype, it is my understanding that Skype can be manipulated. *shrug* I'm just saying.

As far as the latest board war (or whatever this has become): Sometimes, people gotta learn the hard way about giving out their personal info to strangers on the net. (which I do believe even you have done, A*O, so come on-- with all due respect-- lighten up a little and give people a break from the lecturing, okay?) Pacific Breeze was the most recent example of what can happen. Now, maybe it's the pageant mums' turn.
    This is what I said. So I'm confused by your "nice try" comment. I am confused as to what it is you think I'm avoiding. Truly, I am.

All I wanted to know was:
    -- Did you receive a secretly-coded message from Morticia as proof that she was not Mira? (unanswered, and really, it's none of my business. it's just that you said you had proof of Morticia not being Mira, and I wanted to know exactly what the proof was, since you seem offended that people don't believe you.)
    -- Did you receive your proof via Skype? (answered: you don't use skype.)

And regarding my comment about you divulging personal info on the net: All I said was that you have done the very thing you sometimes lecture people about not doing. (sorry, it comes off as lecturing, though you may not intend it to be taken as such.) When you pressed me to expound, I said the personal info you disclosed was your name. So...

... I'm confused. But whatever. Again... this is nothing but more Cloak & Dagger business to distract us from what we come here to do: gossip, bash, have fun!
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

My name is actually Pryncess Banana Hammock.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

A*O

But there's no Y in it so I am doomed never to be in a pageant. Sob
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

ETA because I type too slow:
    But that was my point! Your name = Personal information being shared on the net.

Ahhhh... fergetit...

This is why I rule. I'm the Pr*y*ncess.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

You mean 'Jaughqqy Lynne ..mother of Laytexxa, Little Miss Ultimate Grand Supreme Artificial Love Device?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I didn't know that, but it's a pretty name!
    It is a pretty name..it's my middle name..spelled normal just like yours..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    This was almost 2 years ago and it was for a very short period of time. I have seen pure evil in this pageant community and I feel very strongly about that. I have seen what moms will do to other moms for the sake of a win or leg up. I have seen what moms do to not only their children, but the competition's children. I have heard moms spew pure evil at other moms and children and about them. What I saw and heard in our short time competing made me very angry at the entire industry. The child abuse that I saw outside of the regular grooming for a pageant was unforgivable. Mothers slapping their girls, screaming at them, and so on if these little girls did not jump threw hoops to their mothers satisfaction. I know what goes on behind the scenes and it sickens me. All in the name of winning. THIS is why I have done a complete turn around. We started out doing pageants for FUN. Once I saw what the veteran mothers had become, I wanted to be sure I got me and my child out before I too potentially became crown hungry willing to do anything for a win. My #1 priority is to my kids. My own satisfaction is a bit lower on that priority list.

I have no desire to "try hard" to fit in on an internet forum. I would be a sad soul and in desperate need of IRL socialization if that were in fact the case.

So it's been over 2 years yet you are still monitoring their boards, saw this and joined GR? I don't understand why you would be following their boards at all since you have been out of it for 2 years. You still seem to know an awful lot of current information about people who are still active. I would hope you had moved on from the chaos of the pageants for your own sake. Just seems odd to me. Like I said, I like the info you have been providing. It just doesn't seem like info coming from someone who has been out of the system for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    So it's been over 2 years yet you are still monitoring their boards, saw this and joined GR? I don't understand why you would be following their boards at all since you have been out of it for 2 years. You still seem to know an awful lot of current information about people who are still active. I would hope you had moved on from the chaos of the pageants for your own sake. Just seems odd to me. Like I said, I like the info you have been providing. It just doesn't seem like info coming from someone who has been out of the system for 2 years.
    I think this part might explain part of it;

What I saw and heard in our short time competing made me very angry at the entire industry

Anger lingers longer for some than for others I think..which is a whole other story of course.

Or we could just assume she is a traitor/troll/instigator/fifth element/serial killer lover/mole and RIP HER TO SHREDS!!! *EVIL LAUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    From the sounds of it, I would say it is safe to assume you refrained from Shakespeare in previous posts.
    *snort*

Mr Lifetime King
    Steven Walters was selected to be Mr. Civic America Lifetime King bases on reknown lifelong service above self even during his own incredible personal losses. Please join us in applauding our newest addition to the Civic America family:

One would think being involved in beauty pageants and serving as a missionary in southern Louisiana would be on opposite ends of the spectrum right? Not for Steven Walters, a bi-vocational minister of music and ordained deacon, it just seems like the natural thing to do.

Steven was in his first pageant at the age of four when he jumped off stage to dance the "bunny hop" in the auditorium, much to his mothers embarrassment. Amazingly, Steven went on to win that pageant which began his love for regal on-stage competition.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

"Out of the system." Oy! Sounds like jail. How apt you should use those words, Sluce.

Thread Information