View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 137 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    How do you know all that? I thought you were a newbie. Just curious.
    I don't "know" anything. As I said, it was a rumor I heard. I call it a rumor because, as far as I know, it is an unsubstantiated fact that A*O received a secretly-coded text message as proof of Morticia's identity. Which is why I asked. It seems like a sensitive subject, but since A*O brought it up, I figured I'd inquire. Especially given all the Cloak & Dagger business that always seems to be going on here.
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    They were more Las Vegas showgirl looks than street hooker looks! And for those who don't know, those two girls are both about 17 years old, not small children.
    OH ok well then they can look like street walkers so long as they are of double digit age. What was I thinking.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Whether it was Shakespeare or not, you were intimating that she was a whore. Not stating it of course, and by not stating it, you did not violate any rules. I was just reponding like I did, because the response was, well, incendiary in nature because of that word.

But...again...She is a fellow board member, so you have to be careful. You can call anyone all the way from George W. Bush to Madonna to your neighbor a whore-as long as they are NOT BOARD MEMBERS, and you are not violating the other rules(like no racist comments).

That is the way it works here, and that is why the flinging around of whore, prostitot, etc. is not such a big deal. These people are not board members, and we are not violating the 'no homophobia, racism, etc. etc.' parts of the rules either.

Thank you. I will refrain from Shakespeare in all future posts.

From the sounds of it, I would say it is safe to assume you refrained from Shakespeare in previous posts.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

*eyeroll* Nice way to get the message. And as noted, it was not Shakespeare anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Literature. Gotta nitpick for a moment. That wasn't Shakespeare. The saying's been around for a while but has an unknown source.
    Thank you. I had always thought it came from Shakespeare. Learn something everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    OH ok well then they can look like street walkers so long as they are of double digit age. What was I thinking.
    Vegas showgirls!! Not streetwalkers!!

(I'm being sarcastic in case you couldn't tell)

It (the quote) gets attributed to everyone from Shakespeare to Burns to Orwell to Alan Greenspan!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You know Dallas, for a 'new member' who only joined this board a few short weeks ago you seem to be remarkably well informed about a lot of things that happened way before your time.
    It takes a while to familiarize oneself with a large board and its myriad personalities. Plus, I don't keep notes.

What exactly is your beef with PB anyway? Surely she was banned long before you joined GR. And I'd love to know what "personal info" I have given about myself on the net. Feel free to posts links or quotes or will that blow your cover even further?
    I think you shared your first name a really long time ago? I forget on which board. But it was a while ago. And, no, I don't remember what your name is.

I don't have any beef with Pacific Breeze. If I did, then damn, I sure did miss an opportunity to discredit her when I said I don't believe she posted anything at the pink boards. Damn damn damn!

However: She added nothing to this board for me. Not in the end. I witnessed a long, downward spiral, from which she did not seem to want to pull herself. I say: good riddance to bad rubbish. I genuinely hope she gets the mental help she so clearly needs. Who knows? Maybe one day she'll be that funny, witty, cool chick I remember her being on APS. I sincerely hope so.

Oh and I don't use Skype.
    Thank you for dispelling that rumor!

From the sounds of it, I would say it is safe to assume you refrained from Shakespeare in previous posts.
    Not really. I got one out of two!!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Munro View Post
    I don't "know" anything. As I said, it was a rumor I heard. I call it a rumor because, as far as I know, it is an unsubstantiated fact that A*O received a secretly-coded text message as proof of Morticia's identity. Which is why I asked. It seems like a sensitive subject, but since A*O brought it up, I figured I'd inquire. Especially given all the Cloak & Dagger business that always seems to be going on here.
    Nice try, but I think your previous comments were a little more specific than that.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Well with all due respect, once you have caked on all of that makeup and programmed them to project the same exact "empty eyes while smiling like a birthday party clown" gaze at the judges, they pretty much all start to look the same to me. Even the blue and green colored girls. ( this is where I roll my eyes at your feeble attempt to pull the race card )

Yet you did this to your daughter until just recently right? I am happy that you are dishing the dirt and providing the "insiders" view but I can't seem forget that you were one of them until very recently. I am happy for your daughter's sake that you have seen the light. I just don't understand how and why you have done a complete turn around and now despise what you supported. I would think if you simply decided it was not for you, you would have quietly walked away. Instead you have turned on them with a vengence. What happened that turned you off to the pageants? I just can't help but to feel there is more to your story.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yet you did this to your daughter until just recently right? I am happy that you are dishing the dirt and providing the "insiders" view but I can't seem forget that you were one of them until very recently. I am happy for your daughter's sake that you have seen the light. I just don't understand how and why you have done a complete turn around and now despise what you supported. I would think if you simply decided it was not for you, you would have quietly walked away. Instead you have turned on them with a vengence. What happened that turned you off to the pageants? I just can't help but to feel there is more to your story.
    My thoughts exactly. She is either trying too hard to fit in over here, or there is some story behind this. Strange.

My thoughts exactly. She is either trying to hard to fit in over here, or there is some story behind this. Strange.
    One posted none pageant picture doesn't quite make you absolute.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Nice try, but I think your previous comments were a little more specific than that.
    Hunh? I'm gonna go back and check. *toddles off*

Thread Information