View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 136 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    Hmmmm, ok well what if I pranced around half naked on a stage and won you lots of money with which you could continue your insatiable appetite for little girls in bikinis and gay men with hot curling irons? Then would I be important enough?

Sorry, I don't have an "appetite" for little girls in bikinis. I am in the dance world, so I have all the gay men around me that I need (and I love them dearly), and we have already established that my grand daughter has naturally curly hair so we stay away from the hot curling irons.

Also, as mentioned in a previous post, she is not a "big name" or a big winner. If we were in it for the money, we would have left along time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    I would have picked that one too if I had seen it. Although in all my years in pageants, I haven't seen those outfits on the stage yet.
    I agree, not enough ruffles, sequins or glitter. *shakes head in disapproval and disdain*

I think most pageant wear is more drag queen-esque than hooker-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You know Dallas, for a 'new member' who only joined this board a few short weeks ago you seem to be remarkably well informed about a lot of things that happened way before your time. What exactly is your beef with PB anyway? Surely she was banned long before you joined GR. And I'd love to know what "personal info" I have given about myself on the net. Feel free to posts links or quotes or will that blow your cover even further?

Oh and I don't use Skype.
    I've was here and even I don't know half the shit you all are talking about. But, I am a smart cookie with a great instinct..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

OH really? You must have missed Destiny Dever's Vegas showgirl ensemble. Or Hannah's for that matter. I do believe one of them even brutally murdered hundreds of Monarch butterflies in the process. Where's PETA when you need them.

WHAT?? Was the murdering Monarch butterflies hyperbole or are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Wonder why they just didn't use fake butterflies, seeing how they love fake stuff so much?

I am serious. I saw little kids going around picking up the carcasses throughout the ballroom. It was gross.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

A*O

Oh Gawd EX-Pageantmom - PLEASE don't drag the petards into this (yes, we've had them too). The board really would implode
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh Gawd EX-Pageantmom - PLEASE don't drag the petards into this (yes, we've had them too). The board really would implode
    Hey I love animals. I am far from an extremist or activist, however, I found it completely senseless that these pretty little butterflies had to die because this girl needed a crown on her head.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    No, I don't look for it. I feel deep in my heart that anyone with a family as 'diverse' as you claim wouldn't say or post the things you have. You could have easily stolen those pics and laid claims to them as your grandchildren. One pic doesn't make you who you claim to be... And why would you post pictures of your real life grandchildren, when you were so pissed that your gd's pageant pic was already posted here.
    If you read back over my posts, I never said I was "pissed" that her pic was posted here. I only tried to open up a dialogue on misinformation connected with that post.

I also stated that I knew that I would agree and disagree with many people on here, but hoped everyone could respect each others opinion. A trait sadly lacking in America today, I might add.

I saw no harm in posting their real life pics, and I think that it would be odd that the person who responded to the original post just happened to have access to an everyday candid shot of that same child. Wouldn't you agree?

I guess that I don't really see color when I look at people, so when I posted the photo on hookers it did not even dawn on me that I was picking one with black girls in it as opposed to white. My mind does not work that way. I was really looking at their outfits.

The earlier quote about "they all look alike" was directed at expageantmom, because she clearly could not tell the difference between my grand daughter and another contestant. I felt that she looked for photos of any black girl in pageants and said it was her when anyone could tell it was not. Plus she is sure she has seen us at pageants when obviously she hasn't by the information she posted. So, it seems like she can't tell the few children of color involved in pageants apart.

I know that there is racism in the world, and it is really sad that you are attacking one of the few people that truly lives a life that racism does not enter into. I have seen it happen to my son-in-laws and grand children. I would never knowingly perpetuate racism.

I apologize for offending you in any way.

The "whore" quote actually comes from Shakespeare. With all the flinging around of words like whore, hooker and prostitot when it comes to children, I didn't think a little Shakespeare would shake everyone up! Must have missed that in the rules.

The meaning behind the the quote is what I was getting at. Seeing as expageantmom just left the pageant world, it seemed fitting.

Here is another Shakespeare quote for her "methinks the lady doth protest too much."
    Whether it was Shakespeare or not, you were intimating that she was a whore. Not stating it of course, and by not stating it, you did not violate any rules. I was just reponding like I did, because the response was, well, incendiary in nature because of that word.

But...again...She is a fellow board member, so you have to be careful. You can call anyone all the way from George W. Bush to Madonna to your neighbor a whore-as long as they are NOT BOARD MEMBERS, and you are not violating the other rules(like no racist comments).

That is the way it works here, and that is why the flinging around of whore, prostitot, etc. is not such a big deal. These people are not board members, and we are not violating the 'no homophobia, racism, etc. etc.' parts of the rules either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Munro View Post
    Pfft. Given all the outright misinformation (particularly, the unintentional misinformation), I'd wager my entire life's savings () that it's the Bundy lovers trying to wreak havoc. I am almost positive that neither Pacific Breeze nor JustKillMe posted any of that crap on the pink boards. (Can't believe I'm using the lingo now! ) Nor do I believe that any other GR-lovin' member-- past or present or missing-- has anything to do with it. I do believe this is all the doings of a couple of jobless wastes of human existence. They've lurked here since they were booted out. They saw an opportunity for subterfuge when this thread was created, and then... once the manatees beached themselves on our shores... hoh, hoh boy! They're probably laughing their pathetic souls silly right now over all of this.

But laughter always ends. And then things get serious. So the Bundy lovers better watch their backs, too.
    It seems extra odd they'd pick on Peach, considering she wasn't even here before they were banned.

I agree, not enough ruffles, sequins or glitter. *shakes head in disapproval and disdain*

I think most pageant wear is more drag queen-esque than hooker-esque.

Definetly!

The "whore" quote actually comes from Shakespeare. With all the flinging around of words like whore, hooker and prostitot when it comes to children, I didn't think a little Shakespeare would shake everyone up!
    Literature. Gotta nitpick for a moment. That wasn't Shakespeare. The saying's been around for a while but has an unknown source.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

The earlier quote about "they all look alike" was directed at expageantmom, because she clearly could not tell the difference between my grand daughter and another contestant. I felt that she looked for photos of any black girl in pageants and said it was her when anyone could tell it was not.
    Well with all due respect, once you have caked on all of that makeup and programmed them to project the same exact "empty eyes while smiling like a birthday party clown" gaze at the judges, they pretty much all start to look the same to me. Even the blue and green colored girls. ( this is where I roll my eyes at your feeble attempt to pull the race card )

OH really? You must have missed Destiny Dever's Vegas showgirl ensemble. Or Hannah's for that matter. I do believe one of them even brutally murdered hundreds of Monarch butterflies in the process. Where's PETA when you need them.
    They were more Las Vegas showgirl looks than street hooker looks! And for those who don't know, those two girls are both about 17 years old, not small children.

Thread Information