View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 132 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

A*O

Sorry I'm late to the party but for what it's worth I don't believe PB is involved in the pageant board clusterfuck either. She made the mistake of being too trusting and gave out a lot of personal information over time at GR (and APS before that), including her real name, her pic (later removed) and other personal details. Even a moron troll could figure it out. They then found her Facebook (which also contained a lot of personal info) and tampered with that and posted snide remarks at ratemyprofessor.com, also calling her employer to say she's "crazy" and/or "unfit to teach". Some of this was done by people who no doubt continue to post here. I don't know exactly who they are, but they do and shame on them.

And for the last time, Morticia is a young Stay At Home Mom with a young son from Adelaide, South Australia. I offered proof of this last time it came up and I got slammed for it so take it or leave it. She is not and never was a troll.

I cannot believe that people are still obsessed with this whole Mira/Wonderwoman bullshit either. It's ancient history. This paranoia about banned or ex members isn't healthy and causes even more damage. Who gives a crap what's being said on other boards?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    What's up with this? I know some people thought Mira & Morticia were "off" (I didn't), but why are they bringing GaPeach into it? Why are they saying she's WonderWoman?

Date Posted: 17:17:38 06/29/08 Sun
    Author: No name
    Subject: Beware WonderWoman/Mira/Morticia/GaPeach
    In reply to: This REEKS of her crazy ass 's message, "Beware WonderWoman/Mira/Morticia" on 17:13:17 06/29/08 Sun
    Whoever is doing this seems to be throwing a ton of names out there. I don't think it means anything. My guess is the same person/people is posting on various "sides" over there just trying to stir up crap. Or to hide their identity in case someone guesses who it is so the truth will be lost amidst the poo.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

^^ Sounds about right, and I believe A*O about Morticia and PB.

I was just wondering why they said that about GaPeach because she seems nice imo.

^I don't believe anyone (including the serial killer psychos) posted anything on ratemyprofessor. I think all the ratings were 2-3 years old at least, and yes, there were rude comments on there from her students.

So unless there are recent ratings, it is a bit unfair to accuse others of posting snide remarks on that site....

Just my 2 cents though, correct me if I am wrong.

A*O, you're just going to have to accept that not everybody accepts your story as proof of anything. I don't know of anybody who is "obsessed" with the WW thing, but it is just something that gets discussed once in a while, especially when drama & subterfuge like this happens. As far as what PB has alleged that's happened to her - if it happened, then I'm sorry & wish it hadn't. But I'm not convinced that it did, TBH.

None of this makes any sense to me. It makes no sense to me that PB would get herself involved with a GR thread on pageants, and it makes no sense that other people would try to make it look like she did. It's all just crazy, but there are crazy people out there.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ It's a confusing bunch of mess, isn't it?

A*O

I have no idea where the GaPeach thing came from either. My trolldar is usually pretty accurate. This is what I mean about all this suspicion and paranoia. Everyone gets tainted. And yes Lobes, it doesn't make any sense to me either. All I know is that this kind of thing quickly escalates into something much more serious than a few snitty remarks. Some people handle it better than others but unfortunately those who don't handle it very well soon end up as real victims because their 'enemies' spot a weakness and go in for the kill.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^ Sounds about right, and I believe A*O about Morticia and PB.

I was just wondering why they said that about GaPeach because she seems nice imo.

Yeah, I am sure there are tons of people with the name GaPeach, I don't think OUR GaPeach is involved. Just someone trying to cause paranoia among us!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Yeah, I am sure there are tons of people with the name GaPeach, I don't think OUR GaPeach is involved. Just someone trying to cause paranoia among us!
    If it is supposed to be the same one, someone on here just doesn't like her and is trying to stir the pot.
    Just like they did with JKM.

Divide & conquer.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

If it is supposed to be the same one, someone on here just doesn't like her and is trying to stir the pot.
    Just like they did with JKM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Divide & conquer.
    Yep, I agree with you ladies! It's trollism at its best!

Ughh! Again with the sticking the butt out while wearing a swimsuit.

So, what is the purpose of the swimsuit competition for children?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    It doesn't matter who asks the question. It is a valid one. What is the purpose of a swimsuit competition for children?
    You know, I am not sure! Swimsuit competition has been a tradition in pageants, as I am sure you all know, since the beginning days of Miss America and even before that. So it has become incorporated into all pageant venues.

The routines they do on stage during swimsuit have changed over the years, but I have never looked at them as being "sexy." In the younger girls the suits are more like costumes and I have seen worse at dance competitions (but that is a whole other thread.) In the teens and older it is strictly swimsuit.

Depending on the pageant you may be judged on many different factors. There are pageants that judge facial beauty only, or facial beauty and personality. Others can add in modeling ability, eye contact, poise, overall appearance, etc.

I guess I have always just looked at them from a different perspective than someone from outside the pageant world does. They are just one of the on-stage events at a pageant. And each pageant can have different events - swimsuit, casualwear, pro-am, costume. Some even have themes that go with their pageant - discowear, red/white/blue wear, denim wear, blast from the past. Years ago 50's wear was a common event to see.

Anyway, it is not much of an answer, but here it is!

Quote Originally Posted by lori359 View Post
    forgive my ignorance but could you please explain to me who these serial killers are? I saw the website and I am a bit confused, are they people who wanna be SK or just people interested in the cases?
    They were serial killer fans on that site. They were not serial killers themselves(I am assuming) but they were not there just as 'criminologists or for educational purposes. They were like.. fans. And they were/are evil. Easy to see from what they wrote and talked about there(no longer there of couse, all deleted after their discovery). They have cleaned up and deleted nearly all of the really crazy stuff there. A GR poster discovered them at that site, and they attacked her mercilessly, posting her pics, defacing them, etc.

You can see how tracking people can lead to different sites from what has happened here and at that pageantboard. They were suspected as trolls, so they were investigated, and of course incriminating stuff about them(like at that site) was found, and they were NOT happy and were banned, but, as they were trolls they probably knew they would be discovered, they made preparations like taking pictures from part of the forum, getting info, etc.

The pics section no longer exists..removed..deleted after this whole mess with Miss D and SS.

**Hide or remove ANY personal info of you, your children, or anything like that( like actual full names, etc...you know what I mean) at the pageantboad. I would recommend going to a more secure board with better moderation, rules, regulations. Sorry but that board sucks and has no regulation or accountability.

Yeah I know you think we were/are vicious here, but we were making comments about(mostly) retouched pics of pics of people we do not know and have no desire to harm in any real way. I believe these trolls are different and will use personal info directly against your kids that would make our comments her look tame and impersonal by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I am not entirely sure if they actually revere and admire serial killers, or they are living out some sick fantasy or if they are actual students of crime but when they showed up on another board they behaved with the utmost disgusting manipulation and frightening behavior, you could just imagine them masturbating over photos of the Manson killings crime scene. Scary folks.
    They were/are scary folks, not only from that, but from what they did in response to being discovered, what they did to PB, the trolling shit and craziness they exhibited here. They may be sick and crazy and evil, but are also pretty smart, wily, and motivated by the sufferings of others-much like the serial killers they so admire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it is Miss D and SS..but who knows who else is over there stirring up trouble. Point is the worst trouble will be for that board.
    Last edited by Sojiita; June 29th, 2008 at 09:07 PM.

Some pageant person please explain "tear away" on pro am sportswear.

Thread Information