View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 129 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    Is her real name El'egance?
    It looks like it's spelled El'Agance.

El'egance/El'agance looks like a doll crossed with one of the 'America's Next Top Model losers in that middle (scary) pic. Air. Brushed. To. Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Sorry, that is not my grand daughter although we have competed with El'egance a few times. She is a very nice girl also, with a lovely mom.
    I know who your daughter is. Saw her at a pageant with a yellow dress on. I am sure she is pretty naturally, but at a pageant you guys make her look very scary.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    THANK GOD! I was cringing and could not believe this was the same girl!!!

*Is it 'El'egance' or 'El'agance' ? I have seen many errors of spelling on these very pricey 'banners' or whatever they are.

I am not really sure on the correct spelling. I think I spelled it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    It looks like it's spelled El'Agance.

haha either way, what kind of name is that? Seriously I can't imagine the abuse the poor kid must put up with at school...

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    I know who your daughter is. Saw her at a pageant with a yellow dress on. I am sure she is pretty naturally, but at a pageant you guys make her look very scary.
    So you are saying that IS the same girl as in the original/yellow swimsuit pic?

Keep trying. She has not had a yellow dress since she was four.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    So you are saying that IS the same girl as in the original/yellow swimsuit pic?

She may think it is, but she is wrong. Just because they are both dark-skinned does not mean they are the same girl. Maybe expageantmom is one of those people who think that "they" all look alike!
    Last edited by Tati; June 30th, 2008 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Keep trying. She has not had a yellow dress since she was four.
    Ok sure thing granny. I could not forget that face if I tried.
    "If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Ok sure thing granny. I could not forget that face if I tried.
    Tsk, tsk. Your not one of those bitter, bible reading gun toting people that Obama was talking about are you?

I know that you want to come across as the know all, tell all pageant person on this board, but obviously you don't know who my grand daughter is. Everything you have come up with is wrong so far.

Yes, she does glitz pageants. Yes she has H/M done at those pageants. She did use a fall in her hair years ago, but she didn't like it. For the past year or so we have just gone with her curly hair. It makes her happy and we like the way it looks.

I don't really understand why this is such a big thing to you. Just because you were wrong on the flipper issue? I think it is just expected that the pageant kids were flippers, so when you see someone with a perfect smile like my grand daughter's (sorry that is the grandma coming out) you naturally assumed it was a flipper. You were wrong. No big deal.

Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 11:12 PM.

Tsk, tsk. Your not one of those bitter, bible reading gun toting people that Obama was talking about are you?
    Obama can kiss my ass. I am writing in my own name on the ballot.

I know that you want to come across as the know all, tell all pageant person on this board, but obviously you don't know who my grand daughter is. Everything you have come up with is wrong so far.
    My daughter competed for a short while but I have been around pageants for nearly a decade. I know more than you may think, or may want me to know.

Yes, she does glitz pageants. Yes she has H/M done at those pageants. She did use a fall in her hair years ago, but she didn't like it. For the past year or so we have just gone with her curly hair. It makes her happy and we like the way it looks.
    You wanna cookie? You still have not answered Grimm's question. I assume this is because even you with your seemingly sensible demure can not rationalize it.

I don't really understand why this is such a big thing to you. Just because you were wrong on the flipper issue? I think it is just expected that the pageant kids were flippers, so when you see someone with a perfect smile like my grand daughter's (sorry that is the grandma coming out) you naturally assumed it was a flipper. You were wrong. No big deal.
    Congratulations on having a good dental plan. You just saved $300 pageant bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    What does a swimsuit competition showcase exactly?
    It doesn't matter who asks the question. It is a valid one. What is the purpose of a swimsuit competition for children?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

OMG, look at the eyeliner on this BABY. It doesn't look photoshopped on. Poor thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    OMG, look at the eyeliner on this BABY. It doesn't look photoshopped on. Poor thing!
    Yeah I know and we are supposed to be teaching them to keep sharp objects away from their eye balls, oh, except when doing so will will momma some money.

So there I am captivated by the fried, overprocessed hair (why are so many of these platinum blonde?) and lifeless eyes and my son comes in, looks over my shoulder and says, "Gross, she doesn't have any joints." He's right, damnit, they've done something weird to her wrists and armpit.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Thread Information