View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 126 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Welcome friendorfoe. Is your granddaughter the one being talked about of the pink board as the one who has been winning all the awards so the rest don't want to compete against her? She is very pretty and appears to be a natural beauty - not a fictional retouch!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Hi! I am a new member of your board. That banner is my grand daughter.

Makeup - yeah we thought the eye makeup was a little over the top too. The rest is just clear lipgloss and a little blush. Although she wears more at dance competition! There is a certain amount of makeup needed for stage, but I would like to see it tone down alot. I think more and more pageants are heading in that direction.

Teeth - those are her own teeth, and seeing as she has all of her permanent teeth already, I guess they are "adult teeth" as you put it. Sorry they offend you. Personally, I think she has a gorgeous smile!

Pose - she tends to stand very sway-backed. In ballet class, she has to correct this, but then in gymnastics, they tend to emphasis the arched back. So she has not been told to stand in this way, but it is the way God formed her body.

Oh, that is all her own hair also. We don't straighten it or add to it. We figure if the judges don't like her with her own hair and teeth, then that is the way it is - curly hair, big teeth and all!! And she is a little older than your guess.

And to the poster who wondered how you would swim in that? You don't. It is a costume for stage use and nothing more.

Glad to join your board. I am sure we will agree and disagree on many subjects, but hopefully always with a certain amount of respect for the other person's opinion.
    I hope I didn't offend you. Your grand daughter is a very beautiful girl...and I'll admit she isn't made up like the majority of those girls. How do you fee when you do see girls like that..and also when you run across some of those "mothers"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I was kidding about swimming in it. Lame joke, I guess.

I was wondering if those were her real teeth - I have a cousin who looks similar.

Your granddaughter is very pretty, and I'm sure she's a lovely girl.

Thank you. She is sweet and kind and does a few pageants a year. Right now she is busy with softball and swimming (but in a different suit).

She is not defined by her participation in pageants, but it is something that we enjoy doing. We will continue until it is no longer enjoyable.

Hard to believe that's the same kid in the photoshopped pic as in the rest. Also hard to believe she's only 10-11
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Why is a child in a bathing suit being judged on her appearance?

What is the purpose of said bathing suit if she is not bathing or swimming?

Why is that something for children to aspire to.. looking good, as a child, in a bathing suit, for judges?

Why does she need to be wearing a bathing suit? What is it trying to show off?

If you took children out of a pool, lined them up for strangers on the side of it, and made them judge your said children on how "good" they looked, that would be sick.

Tell me: how is this different?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Welcome friendor foe. Is your granddaughter the one being talked about of the pink board as the one who has been winning all the awards so the rest don't want to compete against her? She is very pretty and appears to be a natural beauty - not a fictional retouch!
    No! LOL! She is not a big enough winner to be talked about. We don't go to enough of the pageants to be considered a "big name."

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I hope you do not mean Pacific Breeze. I just find it hard to believe she would engage in this. Really. And there has been some 'misinformation' put forth..like 'baller08' being the destroyer of APS..that PB would have known was incorrect and would never have said. This is someone who came much later, and got much of their information(and misinformation) second hand.

Miss D the fabulous friendly fan of TED BUNDY is in on this(among possible others).
    I never had a problem personally with PB, although i thought she had a propensity for paranoia. But i don't know what she went through (before my time) so i can't judge.

What i DO know is that for whatever reason, she could not get over whatever it was that happened. Most people who have a bad experience on a board, leave. She stayed and she repeatedly brought it up. She has apparently tried to re-register here and was banned (again) for multiple accounts. That really is not normal, healthy behaviour so even though MissD and SS could be impersonating her, i think it's far more likely that it IS her. .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I hope I didn't offend you. Your grand daughter is a very beautiful girl...and I'll admit she isn't made up like the majority of those girls. How do you fee when you do see girls like that..and also when you run across some of those "mothers"?

No offense taken. Everyone has an opinion and I know that many don't like pageants.

We have a close-knit group of friends that we do pageants with and try to avoid the controversy and over the top moms that are out there. Unfortunately, those are the ones that the media always seems to find! The ones that are like us would be way to boring to do a show about!

More awful hair.

Butt glue.
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Why is a child in a bathing suit being judged on her appearance?

What is the purpose of said bathing suit if she is not bathing or swimming?

Why is that something for children to aspire to.. looking good, as a child, in a bathing suit, for judges?

Why does she need to be wearing a bathing suit? What is it trying to show off?

If you took children out of a pool, lined them up for strangers on the side of it, and made them judge your said children on how "good" they looked, that would be sick.

Tell me: how is this different?

Sorry Grimm - I am not taking the bait! I know that you and I are on opposite ends of this discussion and I don't want to waste the energy!

I'm not baiting, I'm asking a series of questions. Are you incapable of answering?

You seem perfectly willing to defend her participation in said event, now I ask you what the purpose of it is. Can you answer or no?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Sorry Grimm - I am not taking the bait! I know that you and I are on opposite ends of this discussion and I don't want to waste the energy!
    Sorry, I'm not falling for your claims. I just don't believe you are truthful... but hi anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I never had a problem personally with PB, although i thought she had a propensity for paranoia. But i don't know what she went through (before my time) so i can't judge.

What i DO know is that for whatever reason, she could not get over whatever it was that happened. Most people who have a bad experience on a board, leave. She stayed and she repeatedly brought it up. She has apparently tried to re-register here and was banned (again) for multiple accounts. That really is not normal, healthy behaviour so even though MissD and SS could be impersonating her, i think it's far more likely that it IS her. .
    It is NOT her. Trust me. I know who she is, her real name, etc. She was very hurt by her banning, and the things that were done to her, but she knows the worst things were done to her BY MISS D and SS..THEY are the ones who ransacked her personal life, and she knows that. PB goes way way back, years back, to APS way before it imploded(by Lolijume*crosses self and tosses holy water around* NOT baller08 as the trolls stated and PB well knows herself) and is just not the kind of person to do THIS.

If she tried to reregister, it is because she goes back so long with this group, and wanted to continue, and felt like she was missing out. Plus her banning here was controversial( I still disagree with it, but whatever) and she and Morticia(IMO again) were more ancillary bannings, as they were duped by Miss D and SS, before Miss D and SS turned on PB herself(PB got WAY worse from them than anyone else, even Style). And we know what those fucks did to Style.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post

She's SEVEN???
    Who is the Greg Kinnear look-alike in all these damn photos??
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Sorry, I'm not falling for your claims. I just don't believe you are truthful... but hi anyway!
    Don't know what claims I have made or what you think is untruthful - but thanks for the Hi!

I will put you in Grimm's category as someone with a pre-conceived idea about another person. Again, I won't waste my energy trying to change your opinion.

Thread Information