View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 109 of 199 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Oh, come on now DD. We know you're big in the pageants.... quit trying to trick us!

We are supposed to keep my pageantardness on the down low. Stop blowing my cover!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lori359 View Post
    Do you feel this way in general about pageants or just these "glitz" pageants. What about the systems who do not allow make up and fakeness, what about the "county fair" pageant? I see where the "glitz" type may teach teh children that you must be a cover girl to be important, however, there are those out there who are based more on poise and actual beauty of the child. I was therefore just curious as to where your stance is on these more non conventional types of pageants.

Well if you look at the thread..yeah I know it is big..do you see people posting pics of, or making fun of, run of the mill 'county fair' pageants? No. It is how the 'higher level' pageant 'system' has created this sick image of ..well..prostitots..and these mothers have been conned into adopting that VERY unnatural ideal as what to shoot for with their daughters, in order to compete. It is when the child becomes sexualized, and turned into show dog-liek freaks, that disgusts us. while i may not be a fan of 'beauty pageants' of any kind, there is a big difference between what we have been bashing and the kind of 'county fair' things you have been talking about. That would be mostly harmless fun. People do not spend thousands of dollars they do not have, disrupt the lives of their children, etc. over those pageants.

And it is this way because the ancillary suppliers, the pageant promotors, the people on the sides..etc. have MADE THIS AN INDUSTRY where they can rake in the $$$$$$ --And they have conned these women into falling for it. Like anything in the good ole USA, someone saw a way to create a market, start a con job, and rake in the bucks.

The ultimate losers.

1.The tarted up kids
    2. the disrupted families( yeah I was informed about how many of y'all get divorced..alot of it due to finances wrecked by these pageants.
    3. the moms themselves, conned into thinking they have to turn their children into little more than freak looking things(sexualized with orange skin, adult hair, dead doll eyes, pancake makeup, glue on tits, adult outfits, suggestive poses and winks at predator judges, etc.) in order to get some little token award-an award that almost never even comes close to making up for the $$$$$$ spent to get it.

Bronze Member

Hey Everyone I Use To Be A Pageant Mom. My Daughter Quit Doing Pageants Do To The Fact That I Didnt Want Her To Use Make Up Or Fake Her. Not To Mention Paying 400 For A Sitting Fee, And 200 For Pictures That Look Nothing Like My Daughter. I Am Not However A Slim Person, But Didnt Put My Daughter In Pageants For That Reason. So I Got A Little Bothered When You Guys Say That Only Fat Women Place There Children In Pageant. I Do Agree That A Huge Majority Of The Pageant Moms Are Rather Big I Mean Huge...

Well We Quit And Alot Of What You Guys Are Saying Are True.. The Pageant Are Rigged We Know This Because When We Entered My Daughter In A Prelim The Director Said " You Need To Do This Optional, Because I Know Your Daughter Will Win It" When We Did Guess What She Won.

Anyways You Should Take A Look At Some Of There Myspace Pages There Ridiculous!! How Do You Guys Post Pics On Here I Want To Post One Of This Child Who Had Her Photo Retouched,and Another Of A 1 Y/o That Has Hair Bigger Than Her..lol

Dead eyes. No expression, no life.

Hotties? *shudder* ....although at least he's illustrating "hotties" with older girls.
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 09:43 PM.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

^^ Jesus..'Mykel'..now is that gay or what..and I should know! Even the leech suppliers of services have started sticking the y's into their names.

PERFECT example of the ancillary supplier leechmonster making $$$$$ off these pageant moms.

The whole set up has them believing that for little MyKynly to compete, she has to conform to this 'sick' twisted standard of 'beauty' (looking like a whore) and guess who is there to collect overpriced fees for providing services to get little MyKynly to look 'right'...?

Why it is leech-fag 'Mykel" ..that is who.

It is disgusting that so many obviously gay/bi men are actually using the pageant system to enrich themselves at everyone else's expense. A black eye for us!

*and look at the implants on that girl..guess the plastic surgeon is in on the racket too...or wait..maybe that is just photo-retouching from the $$$$$$ photographer..

oh..Happy Gay Pride Day PM's

...from leechfag 'Mykel' who is making $$$$$$ off you guys..

Floating crowns!!!

Sportswear? What sport is that? And why are there no bows on the shoes on the right outfit? I'm taking points off for that.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

They're posting links to pictures of GR members... somebody saved some pictures, I guess!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Dead eyes. No expression, no life.

Hotties? *shudder* ....although at least he's illustrating "hotties" with older girls.
    Except having seen what the 11-13s look like, she's probably only 14 herself...
    Free Charmed.

Where Amy Winehouse gets her hair!
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; June 30th, 2008 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    They're posting links to pictures of GR members... somebody saved some pictures, I guess!
    it this the ugly pink board, or the tacky texas one ? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    link?

They have a number of links that are pictures of...total strangers who have nothing to do with this board. And they STILL think that Grimm lives in..CALGARY!

omfg

That "hair" isn't glamorous outside of an alabama trailerpark.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"Smile honey. SMILE! "

Quote Originally Posted by pageantmomnomore View Post
    Hey Everyone I Use To Be A Pageant Mom. My Daughter Quit Doing Pageants Do To The Fact That I Didnt Want Her To Use Make Up Or Fake Her. Not To Mention Paying 400 For A Sitting Fee, And 200 For Pictures That Look Nothing Like My Daughter. I Am Not However A Slim Person, But Didnt Put My Daughter In Pageants For That Reason. So I Got A Little Bothered When You Guys Say That Only Fat Women Place There Children In Pageant. I Do Agree That A Huge Majority Of The Pageant Moms Are Rather Big I Mean Huge...

Well We Quit And Alot Of What You Guys Are Saying Are True.. The Pageant Are Rigged We Know This Because When We Entered My Daughter In A Prelim The Director Said " You Need To Do This Optional, Because I Know Your Daughter Will Win It" When We Did Guess What She Won.

Anyways You Should Take A Look At Some Of There Myspace Pages There Ridiculous!! How Do You Guys Post Pics On Here I Want To Post One Of This Child Who Had Her Photo Retouched,and Another Of A 1 Y/o That Has Hair Bigger Than Her..lol
    I don't think I've ever seen this style of posting before. Each Word Is Capitalized?

I have this overwhelming need to correct it.

Hey everyone. I used to be a Pageant Mom. My daughter quit doing pageants due to the fact that I didn't want her to use makeup or fake her. Not to mention paying $400 for a sitting fee, and $200 for pictures that look nothing like my daughter. I am not, however, a slim person, but didn't put my daughter in pageants for that reason. So I got a little bothered when you guys said that only fat women place their children in pageants. I do agree that a huge majority of the Pageant Moms are rather big. I mean huge...

Well, we quit, and a lot of what you guys are saying is true... the pageants are rigged. We know this because when we entered my daughter in a prelim, the director said, "You need to do this optional, because I know your daughter will win it". When we did, guess what? She won.

Anyway, you should take a look at some of their My Space pages. They're ridiculous!! How do you guys post pics on here? I want to post one of this child who had her photo retouched, and another of a one year old that has hair bigger than hers...lol

Thread Information