View Poll Results: What do you think of them?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacky and Dangerous

158 86.81%
  • Harmless Fun

12 6.59%
  • Not Sure

12 6.59%
Page 108 of 199 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2975
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Child beauty pageants: fun or fiendish?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Oops, you misspelled harassing
    omgggg lets arrest him! we're the spelling police!

SHUT UP YOU

I just got up
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

and im drunk! no excuses!

Wow. This is the sad mentality of these bitches:

These people are professional trolls and have this board now! BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER HOW THE OUTSIDE WORLD SEES PAGEANTS! AND THIS IS A GOOD ILLUSTRATION OF HOW OUR BEAUTIFUL PAGEANT KIDS LOOK TO THE REST OF THE WORLD!
    They need tranny nakeup and slutty clothes at the age of 5 for you to think they're beautiful?

Good god. They should have their children taken away.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I know...it's so sad... I hope atleast some pageant moms pay attention to what we are saying and realise what a destructive path they are sending their daughter down....

Midnight reading...

Oooo! LOVES IT.

I missed out on the last pageant thread. haha
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by lori359 View Post
    Do you feel this way in general about pageants or just these "glitz" pageants. What about the systems who do not allow make up and fakeness, what about the "county fair" pageant? I see where the "glitz" type may teach teh children that you must be a cover girl to be important, however, there are those out there who are based more on poise and actual beauty of the child. I was therefore just curious as to where your stance is on these more non conventional types of pageants.
    Hi Lori! Welcome to the board!

I'd say that while I dislike the idea of children being judged on physical appearance in general, my main dislike is toward the glitz pageants. I'd like to ask the glitz people why is a child not good enough as she is? Why does she need to be made over into something that does not even resemble a child? And then there's the behaviour. Pouting, winking, blowing kisses, wiggling bottoms. The sexually suggestive behaviour exhibited during some of those stage performances is really disturbing.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

These pageants aren't just for girls either. No one has even mentioned that boys compete in these things too. Who would do this to their poor little boy???!!!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post

I'd say that while I dislike the idea of children being judged on physical appearance in general, my main dislike is toward the glitz pageants. I'd like to ask the glitz people why is a child not good enough as she is? Why does she need to be made over into something that does not even resemble a child? And then there's the behaviour. Pouting, winking, blowing kisses, wiggling bottoms. The sexually suggestive behaviour exhibited during some of those stage performances is really disturbing.
    I agree. The idea that there are competitions based on physical appearance is disheartening, but the level to which this 'industry' has been taken is revolting. When i first saw the photoshopped photos, i honestly thought that they were a joke. I was mortified to find out that this was the look they were going for. The suggestive dancing, poses, destructive environment, PSYCHO parents--all of these creep me the fuck out and makes me despair for humanatee (sorry, couldn't resist).

Confession time, lol. I have competed in 2 pageants, as a 'semi-adult'. I think i was 18 for one and 20 for the other? The first experience i wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. It was how i imagine the baby pageants to be--cutthroat, immensely stressful, disheartening. I almost had a breakdown and was puking and couldn't eat. Now, why would i put myself through that again? I'm not sure, but i can tell you it was a completely different story--but also a different type of pageant. All the finalists were real, intelligent women. We had to take public speaking courses, write an essay and make a presentation on a subject relating to the 'title'. We all genuinely cared about each other and were honestly happy for the girl who won. All in all, it was a positive experience. But looking back now, at how horrific the first experience was, at 18 years old, i can't imagine subjecting a child to that.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by EX-pageantmom View Post
    I have a GR sockpuppet that has access to the GR Inner Sanctum, including the Member's Pics thread. Will mine through it when the coast is clear.

This was recently posted so the mods might want to beef up security LOL
    That'll be the photo thread that was deleted last time we has trolls....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Ok, seriously? People from GR harassing the pageant freaks:

LEARN HOW TO SPELL.

DON'T MAKE THE REST OF US LOOK STUPID.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post

... and.... if a child is "valued" on looks alone, what happens when she goes through the "awkward" teen phase, or grows up looking "homely"? Won't their self-worth be shot?
    Free Charmed.

and what happens when a child finds out some of the things the other mothers say? Some of those people are downright vicious toward their daughter's competition. Nasty things being said there.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

That goes without saying - the whole pageant thing comes across as presenting itself as sickly sweet, when it seems to be all knives in the back, arson threats, and bankrupcy courts....
    Free Charmed.

well the ugly pink board is down again (oh the hugemanatee!) after they threatened to trace my IP for the umpteenth time.. apparently, AOL can find me and cancel my account (which account? I don't use AOL, dumbfucks) and end all my fun.

Alas.

Wow, these people are fucking stupid. They are posting my posts from a few months ago.... like I don't know they can read them. And they found out I'm from California, even though that has never been a secret on GR. I even had it for my location for months and months.

Those manatards still think I am a pageant retoucher. Who has been owned now???????? Did you think for a minute that maybe I said that so it would get you all foaming at the mouth?

I'm a stay at home mom and have nothing to do with pageants. If you did your research becky you would have noticed that. Especially when I posted about it yesterday, so much for your police internetz detective skills.

I'm glad you all have welcomed our psycho banned members to your board. Hope they bring you endless fun.

Oh, come on now DD. We know you're big in the pageants.... quit trying to trick us!

Thread Information