View Poll Results: Has Cheerleading become too slutty and/or competitive now?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it has become too slutty and competitive.

    49 58.33%
  • It is not too slutty, but is too competitive now.

    14 16.67%
  • No it is fine..nothing wrong with cheerleading.

    9 10.71%
  • As bad as it is, it will never be as bad as pageants.

    24 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106

Thread: CHEERLEADING: Too slutty and/or competitive now?

  1. #31
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    My high school's cheerleading team was ethnically diverse and well-dressed (i.e. no bare midriffs, cleavage, etc). That was a long time ago though; I started HS almost 20 years ago. Our cheerleaders didn't do many competitions and when they did they seemed content with their "Best Dressed" or "Most Spirit" awards. "Bring It On" it was not!

    The way some of these girls dress nowadays is embarrassing, and those stunts are so dangerous. In the suburbs if girls aren't in gymnastics or competitive cheer by age 5 they have no chance of making their high school squad. It's pitiful.

  2. #32
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,660

    Default

    These girls gave Toni Basil a run for her money
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4O1A-mmBWw[/YOUTUBE]
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

  3. #33
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Looks like they are in Australia too!



    These are the Melbourne Tigers.
    Melbourne Tigers Pee-Wee Squad

    Please tell me how those outfits are revealing? The make up is done to emphasis the looks from a distance; I do recall when I was very young at a school play my brother complaining he had to wear eyeliner so his eyes could be seen better by the audience.

    Cheerleading in Australia has a very different tone to that in America. None of those outfits are revealing, they are age appropriate IMO, and are infact very similar to what the older girls wear.

    That is also a Basketball team that is a part of the National Basketball League in Australia; not just some random highschool team or random squad for whoring up the kids.
    None of those girls look overly done up makeup and hair wise. And since they have pictures painted on their faces they are obviously not being judged on their appearance.

    Nice try at attacking them though. Those pictures dont look sexually suggestive in any way shape or form.

  4. #34
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    Melbourne Tigers Pee-Wee Squad

    Please tell me how those outfits are revealing? The make up is done to emphasis the looks from a distance; I do recall when I was very young at a school play my brother complaining he had to wear eyeliner so his eyes could be seen better by the audience.

    Cheerleading in Australia has a very different tone to that in America. None of those outfits are revealing, they are age appropriate IMO, and are infact very similar to what the older girls wear.

    That is also a Basketball team that is a part of the National Basketball League in Australia; not just some random highschool team or random squad for whoring up the kids.
    None of those girls look overly done up makeup and hair wise. And since they have pictures painted on their faces they are obviously not being judged on their appearance.

    Nice try at attacking them though. Those pictures dont look sexually suggestive in any way shape or form.
    The makeup is not okay. You say it is so it shows from a distance, yet they are in a gym, not far away. Pageant and dance kids use makeup on a stage with stage lighting which bleaches out facial features if they are not defined (as your brother learned). That makeup is hideous and clownish looking.

    No, these outfits are not revealing and I made no mention that they were. Most of the cheerleaders wear the little short skirts and tops similar to these. Some do show midriff.

    Some of the problems with cheer (at least over here) are the suggestive moves. I know that the TX cheer association has actually met to try to put some restrictions on the routines. Dance competition is even worse!

  5. #35
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    The makeup is not okay. You say it is so it shows from a distance, yet they are in a gym, not far away. Pageant and dance kids use makeup on a stage with stage lighting which bleaches out facial features if they are not defined (as your brother learned). That makeup is hideous and clownish looking.

    No, these outfits are not revealing and I made no mention that they were. Most of the cheerleaders wear the little short skirts and tops similar to these. Some do show midriff.

    Some of the problems with cheer (at least over here) are the suggestive moves. I know that the TX cheer association has actually met to try to put some restrictions on the routines. Dance competition is even worse!
    The make up does not look slutty, it just looks like kids painting themselves up...which is perfectly fine and normal. You call it hideous and clownish? So? That's the whole point! It's not making them look like whores or prostitutes! That truely looks like a bunch of girls playing around and having fun.

    I dont understand why you are bringing up this group of girls dressed like this. They are not dressed provocatively or made up like dolls. That actaully makes me think of being a little girl and playing around in make up with my friends and doing a TERRIBLE job, but still enjoying myself because I did it myself.

    Dance competitions are not worse. They are displays of talent and ability. It's not easy to dance and its not easy to remember those dancing. The outfits they were are worn because it's easier to dance in them and it's part of the show. They are not JUDGED on how they look in those outfits.

  6. #36
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    The make up does not look slutty, it just looks like kids painting themselves up...which is perfectly fine and normal. You call it hideous and clownish? So? That's the whole point! It's not making them look like whores or prostitutes! That truely looks like a bunch of girls playing around and having fun.

    I dont understand why you are bringing up this group of girls dressed like this. They are not dressed provocatively or made up like dolls. That actaully makes me think of being a little girl and playing around in make up with my friends and doing a TERRIBLE job, but still enjoying myself because I did it myself.

    Dance competitions are not worse. They are displays of talent and ability. It's not easy to dance and its not easy to remember those dancing. The outfits they were are worn because it's easier to dance in them and it's part of the show. They are not JUDGED on how they look in those outfits.
    You really need to YouTube some dance competition numbers. There are little girls wearing corsets and thigh high stockings. I have seen seven year olds dance to "I Need a Man" and 5 year olds dance to "I'm a Woman."

    It is a big issue in the dance competition world right now. The costuming, music choices and especially the moves are getting way out of hand. You call pageant girls whores, yet these little girls at dance competitions need only a pole to finish out their routines. It is truly appalling and many of us are trying to get the competitions to stand up to the studios doing these type of dances. All of you reacted to the video of the little girl dancing that was put on the pageant board. Well, that was from a dance competition and was very tame and ordinary compared to what else is seen.

    Many of the dads at our studio will not even watch the other numbers because they are embarrassed.

    Again, nothing wrong with these little girls outfits. Still think the makeup is hideous.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Again, nothing wrong with these little girls outfits. Still think the makeup is hideous.
    Well dur, the girls probably put it on themselves. Theres nothing WRONG with that makeup. Its appropriate makeup, IMO, for little girls. It's over the top and gaudy, but it works for them because they are children. I'd much rather make up like that on little girls then them looking like they are 30 years old. They look like kids - because they ARE kids.

  8. #38
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    Well dur, the girls probably put it on themselves. Theres nothing WRONG with that makeup. Its appropriate makeup, IMO, for little girls. It's over the top and gaudy, but it works for them because they are children. I'd much rather make up like that on little girls then them looking like they are 30 years old. They look like kids - because they ARE kids.

    Sorry, these kids are not playing dress up at home. They have on performance makeup and it was probably applied by adults who were directed by the team coach. Not unlike the pageant kids or dance kids who compete.

  9. #39
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Sorry, these kids are not playing dress up at home. They have on performance makeup and it was probably applied by adults who were directed by the team coach. Not unlike the pageant kids or dance kids who compete.
    Either way, it's not sexualising them, its not making them like 3 or 4 times their age, like they do in pageants.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    So pageant kids can't wear makeup, but little cheerleaders can? I don't see the difference?

  11. #41
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    So pageant kids can't wear makeup, but little cheerleaders can? I don't see the difference?
    The kind of make up...none of the pictures of the girls in the Melbourne tigers team that I'm talking about look sexualised.

  12. #42
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Cheerleading in sports is just another way of turning women into some guys fantasy. I read an article by a woman who was cheerleading for the NFL or something and she said that you had to look perfect, or you were not allowed out there. You couldn't be too white, too tan, too orange, too pink, too heavy, too skinny. You had to pay to get you hair and nails done to what they wanted and you did it when they said.

  13. #43
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,619

    Default

    ^^^
    Seriously. Defenders of cheerleading -- what exactly is the point of cheerleading? And why is it 100% or 99% females?

    Because it's just a sideshow for the real sports, that's why, and because it's just an old-fashioned way for girls to get attention. Go be an athlete, a gymnast, a dancer if you want, but cheerleading is not legitimately any of these things because it's just a sideshow in cheesy outfits.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  14. #44
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,349

    Default

    Sorry but what I see in my nieces cheerleading group at their school is that they combine dance, gynastics and some serious athletism in their routines. They cheer at football and basketball games. For basketball they cheer for the boys and girls teams. They also compete against other high school cheer teams. They are having a great time and it is a sport. They wear normal make up and their uniforms cover them - nothing sleezy.

    The problem comes in the competive cheer clubs - often run by studios that also compete in dance and gymnastics. They start at 5. They create very suductive dances and wear skimpy costumes. At my daughter's school there are a few girls who do cheer through a competitive club and they will not even consider cheering at school. It is too boring and sedate for them.

  15. #45
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,619

    Default

    ^^^
    Nope, not a sport. Who wins? Who loses? What's the criteria for judging?

    Cheering is an activity because you're a visual spectacle, a side show. Gymnastics can be a sport and dance (trained dance, not dance team BS) is an art....but incorporating them into cheering at others' games doesn't turn it into a sport in itself.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
  2. PussyCat Dolls Live Up To Their Slutty Name
    By SuperHeroTights in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 28th, 2006, 09:59 PM
  3. One Saccharine 'n' Slutty Blind Vice 01/13
    By LynnieD in forum Blind Items
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 17th, 2006, 04:42 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
  5. (Slutty) Cheerleaders fired by Panthers
    By miss_perfect in forum Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 8th, 2005, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •