Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone that gets TLC on cable...

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Does this sucker repeat for anyone who's missed it? The TLC site sucks ass and I can't tell.
    The TLC site DOES suck. I couldn't find anything on it, and would like to see this documentary. If anyone knows if there is a re-broadcast, please post the info here.

There's some kind of follow up to the documentary "Painted Babies" called "Painted Babies at 17" that's airing on TLC from 9/18 - 10/19. Unfortunately, the site does really suck and I can't find what time it comes on.

FOF, do you really think little girls and babies and toddlers actually look better with makeup, fake hair and flippers?

If any of these little ones actually do look better with that shit than au natural, then those are not attractive children in the first place IMO. Which is more than a little bit crazy, when you think about what they're being judged on.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    FOF, do you really think little girls and babies and toddlers actually look better with makeup, fake hair and flippers?

If any of these little ones actually do look better with that shit than au natural, then those are not attractive children in the first place IMO. Which is more than a little bit crazy, when you think about what they're being judged on.
    No, many are overdone. We don't use fake hair or flippers, but we do use makeup. We ask that it not be overdone.

In fact, some of these kids do look better with those things. When you see them compete and then see them afterward, you can't even recognize them. It is especially ironic when they win the pageants that are judged only on facial beauty.

We do both glitz and natural pageants - where none of that stuff is allowed. When we started pageants, things were more toned down - in stage and photo events. Now they are sometimes over the top. I have seen a trend lately with things moving back the other way, and I am glad to see it. The same thing is starting to happen in the dance comps when it comes to age appropriateness, which is much needed.

i watched this one because i had watched the original one on VH1 a while back (from like 1995). if a girl wants to get into pageants by her choice in her early teens then go for it but bringing a child up that way forces them into that lifestyle and that isn't fair...

Quote Originally Posted by FASHIONandGOSSIP View Post
    i watched this one because i had watched the original one on VH1 a while back (from like 1995). if a girl wants to get into pageants by her choice in her early teens then go for it but bringing a child up that way forces them into that lifestyle and that isn't fair...
    Anything we start our children in at a young age forces them into something before they can make a choice.

And I really wouldn't call a few weekends a year a "lifestyle!"

It is if you throw extra Y's into her name.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It is if you throw extra Y's into her name.
    There is only one - is that enough?

No.

Well....maybe. As long as that one "y" is replacing another vowel that makes more sense. More points if it's somewhere in the middle of the name too.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    No.

Well....maybe. As long as that one "y" is replacing another vowel that makes more sense. More points if it's somewhere in the middle of the name too.
    Doesn't replace anything but it is in the middle!

Unfortunately, it is a normal name spelled a normal way.

Well that's not manatyy enuff.... You've got to jack it up a little more...

It's on again on TLC!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I saw it. It saddened and sickened me. Especially the little black girl who absolutely froze up there, she looked so terrified like she was having an out of body experience. Or like she was having a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder flashback or something. It broke my heart to hear the mom say how disappointed she was with her.

The one thing I thought was cute was when the little girl who won the $1000 prize said she was going to use the money to buy a cow! At least that's still a wholesome, little-kid interest. But then it said she was becoming more competitive, and anyone could see that's going to end badly.

The whole pageant thing makes me a little ill. I don't have daughters, only sons, but I can not see myself coming near any pageant shit if I DID have a daughter.

I caught the tail-end of Little Miss Sunshine a few weeks ago, and I was LMAO! I need to see the whole movie. But the end, the whole pageant scene, made me think of all my GR buddies. F-ing hilarious. My husband was like "omg, those girls look freaky as hell...this has to be exaggerated" and I told him that no, it looked pretty authentic to some real-life pageants.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    The whole pageant thing makes me a little ill. I don't have daughters, only sons, but I can not see myself coming near any pageant shit if I DID have a daughter.

I caught the tail-end of Little Miss Sunshine a few weeks ago, and I was LMAO! I need to see the whole movie. But the end, the whole pageant scene, made me think of all my GR buddies. F-ing hilarious. My husband was like "omg, those girls look freaky as hell...this has to be exaggerated" and I told him that no, it looked pretty authentic to some real-life pageants.
    Actually they used real pageant kids for the last scene. I know one of them, and her mom, dad and brother also appeared as extras. She was the one doing the gymnastic talent. Her mom did the pageant kids hair and makeup because the hollywood people couldn't get it right.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information