Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anger as white woman wins black college beauty pageant

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Integration goes both ways. She attends a Historically Black College.
    Exactly. The same people complaining about her would be up in arms if she was a black woman getting attacked for winning a pageant at a predominantly white school. Can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly. The same people complaining about her would be up in arms if she was a black woman getting attacked for winning a pageant at a predominantly white school. Can't have it both ways.
    It might have helped if she was prettier...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

That may be the key. Look at the runners-up. Really! I'd be PO'd too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She could've looked like Cindy Crawford and people still would've been pissed. I remember Halle Berry talking about being the first black woman to win a beauty pageant in her hometown and she caught the same hell. If people are upset about your race, your looks won't even come into play.

She could've looked like Cindy Crawford and people still would've been pissed. I remember Halle Berry talking about being the first black woman to win a beauty pageant in her hometown and she caught the same hell. If people are upset about your race, your looks won't even come into play.
    Only the one on the far left of the pic is attractive to me. The rest of them live under a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Only the one on the far left of the pic is attractive to me. The rest of them live under a bridge.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. The girls to the right of her are... well, ew! There's no way the winner is less attractive than them. *shudder*

None of them belong anywhere near a beauty pageant. So, people should be more pissed that this was a 'beauty' pageant in name only.

She won. End of story.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking. The girls to the right of her are... well, ew! There's no way the winner is less attractive than them. *shudder*
    None of them belong anywhere near a beauty pageant. So, people should be more pissed that this was a 'beauty' pageant in name only.
    Besides, are pageants for women even relevant anymore that folks have to get assed up about the results?

Something similar happened at a gospel music award ceremony a few years back when a white brother-sister duo won an award that many thought the black nominees should have won. So much for love and all that shit....

And as it has been said, if this had been the other way around, the college would already be in trouble with civil rights groups.

I thought so too. And with that gorgeous smile she showed that not only is she pretty on the outside but inside as well.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I thought so too. And with that gorgeous smile she showed that not only is she pretty on the outside but inside as well.
    She seems to be the classiest of the runner-ups. The rest look like they just drank bleach.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The same people complaining about her would be up in arms if she was a black woman getting attacked for winning a pageant at a predominantly white school.
    exactly, if it were a black girl getting attacked for winning a pageant at a white school they would say it's racist, but at the same time they don't have a problem trating this girl that way - the double standard

Wait a minute, it says she was crowned Homecoming Queen. At every school I've ever attended, Homecoming Queen is not a "beauty pageant" as such, but more of a popularity contest voted on by the student body.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

"We all had to go through a lot more racial intolerance than what she had to in a pageant," said Brittany Riddock, 19, a sophomore public relations major from Atlanta. "There is no comparison at all between a black man becoming president and a white woman winning a beauty pageant at a black school."

That's racist! We all have to go through some form or another or intolerance. And just because a person is black does not automatically mean their life has been harder.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm sure she experiences a lot of racial intolerance attending a historically black college. What do they know about what she's gone through?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information