Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Gypsy bride walks down the aisle in leopard print crystal and neon pink gown

Default Gypsy bride walks down the aisle in leopard print crystal and neon pink gown

Didn't know where to put this but it is quite pageanty

In what is probably one of the most outrageous wedding dresses ever seen, a young gypsy from West Virginia has walked down the aisle in a bejeweled leopard print and neon pink gown.
    Pregnant Mellie Stanley, 23, who is the star of TLC's Gypsy Sisters, is seen fawning over her outrageous wedding gown before standing at the altar with fellow gypsy Robbie York.
    'I cried, it's so pretty,' the bride-to-be says to her mother in a trailer for the episode.

Unconventional: In last night's episode of Gypsy Sisters, pregnant Mellie Stanley wears a bejeweled leopard print and neon pink dress with cutout sides on her wedding day

Blushing bride: In a trailer for the episode, the 23-year-old and her mother get emotional when she tries on her dress. 'I cried, it's so pretty,' she says

In the newest episode of the spin-off of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, Miss Stanley's wedding day begins with disaster as her bulky gown makes her claustrophobic in the limousine ride to the venue.

Later, the expectant bride's morning sickness sets in and her mother arrives an hour late to the ceremony.
    But while a trailer for next week's episode hints at wedding troubles for the newlyweds, last night's show saw the couple happily exchanging rings and vows despite all the drama of the day.
    Sondra Celli, who designed Miss Stanley's wedding dress, is a regular fixture on My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding and makes a living creating outrageous clothes to suit the tastes of American gypsies.
    She said of her creation: 'The dress is really wild. It's got Mellie's personality.'

Accessories: The young gypsy tops of her ensemble with a towering tiara (left) while her mother checks out the bride's light-up leopard print bouquet

Overwhelmed: In the video, Miss Stanley and her mother Lottie Mae are awestruck when designer Sondra Celli reveals the whole bridal ensemble

The leopard print bodice is studded with Swarovski crystals, and cutouts in the sides of the dress reveal a tattoo on Miss Stanley's torso.

A voluminous ruffled neon pink skirt and matching veil complete the look.
    In the video, Miss Stanley and her mother Lottie Mae are awestruck when the designer reveals the whole ensemble.
    First Ms Celli shows them the sparkling leopard print bodice, matching high heels and light-up bouquet.
    The fake flower arrangement, which features small fairy lights that glow within the leaves, is also adorned in leopard print.

Glittering footwear: Sparkling animal print high heels with crystal embellishment match the bride's dress

Teary-eyed: Emotions run high when the bride-to-be tries on her bridal gown. Miss Stanley wipes away a tear: 'It's like, becoming a reality,' she says to her mother

And the young gypsy tops off her ensemble with a towering tiara and bright pink veil.

Emotions run high as the bride-to-be tries on her wedding gown for the first time.
    'Oh my god, it's beautiful,' exclaims her mother.
    'This looks like the real gypsy girl at her wedding,' she continues as she proudly captures a photo of her daughter with her iPhone. 'This is definitely the real thing.'
    Miss Stanley wipes away a tear. 'It's like, becoming a reality,' she says to her mother.
    Next it's time for her to try on her crystal leopard print stilettos with neon pink ankle straps.

A sea of ruffles: The three women share a laugh as Miss Stanley struggles to fit her foot in the shoe beneath her enormous dress, and Ms Celli dives under the skirt to help her

Pink pooch: Even Mellie's dog joins in on the neon theme, sporting a ruffled coat to match her wedding dress

The dress designer says, 'Alright I'm going under,' before diving beneath the bride's massive skirt to help her put on her shoes.
    The three women share a laugh as Miss Stanley struggles to fit her foot in the stiletto beneath her enormous dress.

Gypsy Sisters airs Sundays on TLC at 9/8c.

Read more: Is this the most outrageous wedding dress ever? Bride on TLC's Gypsy Sisters walks down the aisle in leopard print crystal and neon pink gown | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Squish likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

What's sad is that's the best she will ever look her entire life.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The poor dog. Had to turn his head away in pink, frothy shame.
    Honey, Bluebonnet and Lobelia like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Only 23 and already embarking on failed marriage number three.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

OK, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I know nothing about this gypsy culture. I grew up close to West VA and there was a large population of what my grandparents called "travelers" are they the same?

Yes, in this instance. There's different kinds though and it's a bit confusing.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

So is she an Irish traveller? --- presumably at least 2nd or 3rd generation if legit at all---why are they using the term Gypsy? That's meant for the Roma, which she clearly isn't. And in fact, this looks more like plain old white trash, especially since she's knocked up. The actual gypsies and travelers dress like whores but do tend to remain chaste (when they're married off at very borderline ages, or not even).
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................... .... oy.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yes, in this instance. There's different kinds though and it's a bit confusing.
    Ah, thanks. It's very confusing. We have a lot of "gypsies" out here now. They appear to be maybe Eastern European. Very young women, several small children with them, sitting in front of stores, gas stations, etc. looking for money. I would see them all the time. They speak very little. A few years ago there was a write up in the local paper about it. I guess the men would drop them off in various locations and collect them at the end of the day. Anyway, these are very different then the one's I remember as a kid.

Elite Member

Gypsies are Indian descent and migrated to Europe. Travelers are Irish who migrated to the USA.

Gypsies are now known as Roma and speak their own language. They are usually musically talented (flamenco is originally Roma and Django Reinhardt was Roma. Traditionally, their criminal aspect uses petty theft and burglary, often using their kids as participants.

Travelers run mobile home improvement scams during the warm months (hence the name Travelers) and retreat to their compounds during the winter (there is a large one in South Carolina.) Travelers also run insurance scams, fake accidents and other victim pay out tricks.
    whitetigeress likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Aaaawwww, she looks so demure!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

well bless her heart
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I would love to attend a Gypsy wedding!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I would too McJag I love me some tacky
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information