Thread: Miss America 2012

Default Miss America 2012

So, did anyone watch the Miss America pageant? This was the second year they had it on the same time as NFL playoffs. I watched football with my son, and DVR'd Miss America to watch after the game.

The pageant really has done some ridiculous things. First of all, how the hell is Kris Jenner qualified to be a judge for Miss America?

Also, they decided to turn the top 12 into the top 13. They way the 13th contestant was chosen, was....get this....they made the contestants that had already been eliminated STAND BEHIND the girl they wanted to continue in the competition. WHAT THE HELL??? What's next? Give all the contestants taser guns to choose the one they want eliminated? That was ridiculous. Had it been me, I would've refused.

In the end, Miss Wisconsin won. She gave a good answer to the final question, and sang opera. Overall, these girls were not very pretty, and some of the talent was atrocious.

Kind of cool. I live on the border of Illinois and Wisconsin, and this new Miss America is from Kenosha Wisconsin, which is just over the border. Funny, alot of my son's friends went to high school with her.

So come on GR family, post your feedback if you watched the show!!

I didn't watch it, but read about it this morning. I liked that she was an opera singer!
    The stand-behind idea is horrible!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i turned it on for a bit and watched some woman doing some lousy ass ballet stuff. I just turned it off.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I had it on and kind of watched it peripherally. I did wonder why Miss Wisconsin didn't think to use waterproof mascara just in case she won. She looked like Tammy Faye by the time they got the crown on her.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    The pageant really has done some ridiculous things. First of all, how the hell is Kris Jenner qualified to be a judge for Miss America?
    I watched! I also said the same thing on another thread about Kris Jenner being a judge. Kris moved Bruce Jenner into Robert Kardashian's home after separation with 4 kids

To me, the Miss America Pageant screwed up due to the following:

1. They left Atlantic City
    2. It's trying to be "trendy", with the stupid reality show format! Ewww!
    3. The talent portion is too rushed.

And that stupid thing they did last night where the remaining contestants "picked" one girl to get "a second chance"! Then, they all run and stand behind the girl they picked like a bunch of stampeding cattle! OMG! I was so embarrassed!

As a result, it's lost it's elegance. It used to be more formal and respectable.

Look at the difference:

Miss America 1985 - Crowning Moment - YouTube

Miss America 1988 - Crowning (this one has Gary Collins singing "There she is...Miss America!")
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adS7l...eature=related

The Miss America Organization needs to go back to the way it used to be and treat it like the American institution that it is!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; January 15th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

No one from New England ever wins so I don't watch.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

The whole concept is archaic and retarded. Kill it with fire.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I watched! I also said the same thing on another thread about Kris Jenner being a judge. Kris moved Bruce Jenner into Robert Kardashian's home after separation with 4 kids

To me, the Miss America Pageant screwed up due to the following:

1. They left Atlantic City
    2. It's trying to be "trendy", with the stupid reality show format! Ewww!
    3. The talent portion is too rushed.

And that stupid thing they did last night where the remaining contestants "picked" one girl to get "a second chance"! Then, they all run and stand behind the girl they picked like a bunch of stampeding cattle! OMG! I was so embarrassed!

As a result, it's lost it's elegance. It used to be more formal and respectable.

Look at the difference:

Miss America 1985 - Crowning Moment - YouTube

Miss America 1988 - Crowning (this one has Gary Collins singing "There she is...Miss America!")
    Miss America 1988 -- Crowning - YouTube

The Miss America Organization needs to go back to the way it used to be and treat it like the American institution that it is!
    I agree BlueBonnet! The pageant really used to be an elegant pageant, and now it was just a wreck. No elegance.

The talent was rushed, and humiliating the contestants by telling them right after they changed into their talent outfit that they've been cut was uncalled for. Then Brooke Burke has the audacity to ask the outsted contestant how they feel after being cut without performing their talent. They all held it okay. My daughter and I were like.... if they pulled that crap with us, I would've grabbed the mic, and said, "well Brooke, you've just blindsided me, and humiliated me on national TV, so FUCK OFF, this pageant has turned into a JOKE!" and walked off.

The reality show bullshit HAS to stop. Even Miss USA and Universe are better than what this has turned into.

And why the hell don't they have professional makeup people backstage that make sure the contestants wear waterproof mascara?

Thread Information