Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Pregnant Bikini Contest Makes The News Now?!

Default A Pregnant Bikini Contest Makes The News Now?!

Proud to be pregnant: Bikini-clad mothers-to-be show of their bumps in expectant moms' pregnancy pageant

By John Stevens

Last updated at 12:06 PM on 8th September 2011Beauty pageants are usually reserved for slim and single women years away from starting a family.

But these mothers-to-be in Houston, Texas, have shown that not all expectant moms want to be at home with their feet up in their final months of pregnancy.

The pregnant women got their kit off to proudly show of their burgeoning bumps, dancing, gyrating and even doing the splits on stage.

Scroll down for video

Expecting: The contestants reveal their baby bumps on stage at the pregnancy pageant in Houston, Texas

Cheered on by the husband and boyfriends, the women revealed their pregnant bodies in 'Rod Ryan's 7th Annual Pre-Labor Day Pregnant Bikini Contest'.

More...The expectant mothers took part in diaper changing and throwing contests before stripping to their bikinis in the final round.

The rules of the competition, which is organised by 94.5 The Buzz radio host Rod Ryan, state that the contestants must be due within three months.

Burgeoning: The women were cheered on by their husbands and boyfriends as they stripped off

Flexible: One expectant mother shows that you can be pregnant and active as she does the splits on the floor

Contest: The women took part in diaper throwing and changing competitions before stripping off

Winners: The prizes included gift vouchers, digital cameras and tokens for teeth whitening treatments

The first prize winner went away with $800 in gift vouchers, a digital camera and a teeth whitening treatment.

Mr Ryan said: 'I walked into my boss' office over seven years ago and said I wanted to do a pregnant bikini contest.

'He kicked me out of his office. Look what we have here tonight.'

Watch the video
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaBVytvw6-s[/youtube]

Source: Bikini-clad mothers-to-be show of bumps in expectant moms' pregnancy pageant | Mail Online

Ive heard of these but to actually see one on a site like the DailyMail surprised me. As for the ladies, glad theyre having fun.

That is NOT attractive.

^ So I guess youre totally not interested in these photos that are linked to in the article eh?
    Pre-Labor Day pregnant bikini contest, 2011 | Mom Houston | a Chron.com blog
    I dont know, I think its pretty cool and great that the ladies are having fun. Also its great that they feel good enough about themselves to flaunt it right?

A lot of them look great.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Ive heard of these but to actually see one on a site like the DailyMail surprised me.
    Doesn't surprise me. The Daily Mail is a rag. It's the attention whore of newspapers. If they did a well researched, non-plagiarized, non-slanted piece, I would be surprised.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    A lot of them look great.
    I agree. Cute, happy, curvy. And bikinis.

Gold Member

Make it stop!
    Be beautiful as a toddler , as a teen , in your 20's , when pregnant , a week after giving birth , when middle age , when a pensioner.
    When can women slob about with stained clothing , no make-up and a beer belly as men do?!
    Ok , I look like that every second of the day but other women should feel free to look disgusting too

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    Make it stop!
    Be beautiful as a toddler , as a teen , in your 20's , when pregnant , a week after giving birth , when middle age , when a pensioner.
    When can women slob about with stained clothing , no make-up and a beer belly as men do?!
    Ok , I look like that every second of the day but other women should feel free to look disgusting too
    While any pageant is obviously intended to celebrate beauty, I do think this one looks pretty low-maintenance. A lot of these women barely look like they're wearing makeup, their hair is in casual buns or ponytails, etc. I think they are being encouraged to be casual here.

And I do know you're being facetious, I was just pleasantly surprised to see that the event doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously. Now, if these women were forced into high heels and made up in full glitz, I would totally agree with you!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I am torn between thinking "good that they are having fun" and this:

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    Make it stop!

I think it's tacky, and pregnant attention-whoring is not my cup of tea. I guess this is part of the supposed "empowerment" brand of feminism where looks and sexuality are to be celebrated rather than brain-power and accomplishments. Yuck.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I saw an article on this same pageant while I was waiting on prescriptions - it was in Ok! It doesn't do it for me.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

This is not a new thing at all. Just check out photos from any Sturgis Ralley....

Sturgis is different... pregnant women shouldn't even go THERE! that shit is off the hook CRAZY
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Sorry but this is gross, especially The chick doing the split.

I think they are cute as hell, esp. the girl doing the split.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information