Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Has anyone watched the new episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras?

Default Has anyone watched the new episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras?

The one that just aired on Wednesday was, um, interesting. The kid had a "Dolly Parton" outfit on for the outfit of choice competition. Fake boobs and all. To top it off, it used to be her MOM's outfit when her mom was a pageant kid. It was so tacky, poor Dolly Parton doesn't look a thing like that anymore....

Queen on the other hand, really seemed to be enjoying herself and didn't seem to be pushed at all. I hope she can focus energies on some more worthy goal than pageant success though.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I LOVED Queen twitchy!! It was so refreshing to see a normal child!

Except for the name, I loved Queen. A normal girl who wanted to be there and it appeared to be her choice. Girl was good at it too, genuine smiling on stage opposed to the dead eye ones you usually see out of the trained little seals.

I don't think little Dolly(was her name Maddie or something like that?) wanted to be there at all, poor kid was miserable. And of course the mom was saying that 'as soon as she doesn't want to do it anymore we stop' bullshit, everyone knows that that's not going to happen since mom has decided when the daughter was still in utero that pageants is what mommy wants her to do.

I hate those fucking flippers.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Except for the name, I loved Queen. A normal girl who wanted to be there and it appeared to be her choice. Girl was good at it too, genuine smiling on stage opposed to the dead eye ones you usually see out of the trained little seals.

I don't think little Dolly(was her name Maddie or something like that?) wanted to be there at all, poor kid was miserable. And of course the mom was saying that 'as soon as she doesn't want to do it anymore we stop' bullshit, everyone knows that that's not going to happen since mom has decided when the daughter was still in utero that pageants is what mommy wants her to do.

I hate those fucking flippers.
    Yep! ^^This 100%^^

Queen deserved that win, and her mom wasn't all psycho.

Oh dear god. What was that about dressing your kids up to look like hookers? People were "sick" for thinking that's how they looked?

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE LEGITIMATE PROSTITOT

3-Year-Old Prostitute On "Toddlers And Tiaras"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Mom's all upset that TLC didn't show that she also dressed her daughter as the classy version of the hooker in Pretty Woman.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Default Pageant Mom Defends Dressing 3-Year-Old As Pretty Woman Prostitute

Pageant Mom Defends Dressing 3-Year-Old As Pretty Woman Prostitute

Wendy Dickey, the mom whose 3-year-old daughter wore a hooker getup for a Pretty Woman routine on Toddlers & Tiaras, defended her costume choices to TMZ, saying the child-size sex worker ensemble is "less revealing than gymnastics wear and swimsuits," and "a lot less harmful." Earlier, we pointed out that she could have paid homage to Julia Roberts with another outfit from the film. It turns out the girl did wear a "classy" dress from the end of the film, but TLC edited it out.

You see, TLC is out to mock and villify pageant moms, even though they're actually making healthier choices for their kids than most parents. Dickey explains:
    "I'm raising my child just as well as any mother does ... I take my kid to church every week ... at least I'm not forcing them into sports and getting my child injured like some parents ... People need to look at their own family and what they're doing. I don't know why people are focusing so much on pageant moms when there's much more harmful things people are letting their children do!"
    Shame on those parents who encourage their girls to play sports! In addition exposing them to the perils of moving, they're giving them the false idea that society will judge them on their abilities, not what they look like in a swimsuit.

Pageant Mom Defends Dressing 3-Year-Old As Pretty Woman Prostitute
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

at least I'm not forcing them into sports and getting my child injured like some parents

Just finished watching the episode and there was, in my mind, more disturbing things than the Junior Miss Hooker outfit if you can believe it.

horrible parenting.

First there's 18 month old "Brystol". I can only surmise that her parents are rabid Sarah Palin fans so the sprog was doomed from the get go. The child is remarkably disengaged. I don't think I saw her look at, listen to or respond to her family or coach much during the show. She doesn't seem to like to be held or touched by her mother at all. Mom says Dad likes pageants "as long as we win" and "We're not losers by any means.". He backs this up saying "Winning is everything." Her coach with the creepily syrupy voice tries to get the kid to practice waving. No response. Pick up kid's arm and wave it for her. Yay, success! Demonstrates how to blow a kiss. No response from child "Elvis leg!" No response from child. "Spank your heinie!" No response from child. Yeah, we're good to go. Also, their pageant coach quit her job to coach this child full time? What the fuckery? They try putting one of those curly wiglet thingies on top of her head. Kid's basically bald and this just emphasizes it. Pins must have been pulling whatever little hair she had because she was quite unhappy and crying about the whole thing. Older halfsister seems to be the only one in the family who cares. Pageant day. Bristol screams her head off and bites her mother as they try to put laces in the back of her pageant dress. I bet these people put the shoes on and then try to put the laces in them too. Morons. So four people hold down the kid so they can put the ribbon in the back. Screams get louder. Backstage. Mom claims "She got so overwhelmed backstage." No, she was already screaming and crying before that. "Do you know anything that would help calm her down?" asks coach. "going the hell home" says Mom. But they don't. Brystol arches backwards in her mother's arms. Anyone who's ever dealt with kids that age knows what's coming next. Dramatically throwing herself forwards that's what. Mom doesn't see this coming though and is standing next to a door. Brystol smashes her face into the door. Earlier screams were just a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is the real deal. Hey, let's haul this screaming, tear soaked kid onstage anyway! Massive forehead welt probably affected the beauty score. "Brystol, that was terrible! Not good!" says mom after dragging her offstage. The show must go on! Slap some makeup on the developing bruise and get her ready for celebrity wear. Next get the struggling screaming child into outfit of "choice". Brystol hits her mom in the head with a bottle. Dad encourages her to hit her again as payback for the door. Brystol obliges. Actually, while hitting her mother, it's the happiest she's looked in the whole show. They then stuff her full of candy and while on a sugar high she does smile on stage while completely ignoring any cues from mom or coach. Celebrity wear is Elvis. More screaming and tears. This time they blame someone backstage dressed as the big bad wolf for a Little Red Riding Hood number. Like she wasn't howling before. Mom says she didn't confront the wolf because "I'm not looking to go to jail today." Poor losers. Sniping at everyone and calling things unfair. Mom grabs trophy away from kid because "We don't want that". Not high enough title.

Then there's two year old Chloe whose mom has a distinctly chavvy look about her. (what's the southern version of chav?) And another mom whose child does not want to be around her. She'll practice for her dad but not for her mother "maybe it's because I'm a little more high strung than her dad?" "High strung" is probably a euphemism for "pushy taskmaster". Mother pushes on the press on nails with what looks like unnecessary pressure, kid yells NO and wants Dad to do it instead. Mom gave such a look of undisguised jealousy. This does not bode well. Dad does the spray tanning, Mom stands there being critical. Pageant day. woo hoo. Chloe is falling asleep while sitting up on some guy's lap. Again, she doesn't want to be held by her mother. Chav momma says Chloe's tired because she stayed up until 1 AM and then got up at 6 AM. Who the hell lets a two year old stay up until one in the morning at the best of times let alone the night before they have to be up early??? "She's a little tired" says Mom while on the phone asking Dad to get her some "special juice", a cocktail of energy drink, cola and apple juice. Backstage. Don't fall asleep! Dad shakes Chloe and gives her more "special juice". "She went wild" on stage says Dad. Cut to shot of stunned child who just woke up standing there blinking at the judges. "I'm so proud of her" says Mom. Outfit of "choice" is a little showgirl outfit. I don't think the kid picked that one. The fatigue has gone from nodding off to tantrum mode and the "special juice" isn't helping. Dad needs help putting on her headpiece because she's struggling but Mom is nowhere to be found. Finally it's on her and she's onstage but late. "Wiggle wiggle baby!" yells Mom. Stunned child stands on stage and doesn't move much. Celebrity wear. Some race car driver with car accessory. She's tired and just rocking the car back and forth and slamming it into the backdrop behind the announcer. Dad tries to hold the backdrop still instead of stopping her from almost knocking the thing over onto people. Poor losers. Mom confronts judges wanting to know why her child didn't do as well as she thought she should. Judge spews some BS about her dress being the wrong colour. Younger sibling appeared to have a baby bottle with cola in it during crowning.

Three year old Victoria has a personality summed up by her brother as "spoiled" He's right. "It's all about ME!" says the sign in her room like that's something you want to encourage in a child. The mother says "I made her look like that and, you know, I won" Suuure you did Gummy. She then hauls the kid off to be spray tanned while explaining that pale skinned girls get scored lower because "it is an unattractive feature." Pageant day. You know what else is an unattractive feature? Wearing black shoes. The judge says that he's been judging for 20 years and he would definitely take points off for shoes that aren't white. Victoria's screwed. Plus a piece of her costume flew off and that's not supposed to happen during beauty. Western wear or outfit of choice and you can start stripping off but not beauty. Outfit of choice was punctuated by Mom yelling "Work it girl!" Stay classy there mom.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; September 8th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

-- Stephen Hawking

Felt it so strongly you had to post it twice?

Twitchy just gave us a pagaentparentfesto!!!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Deleted the duplicate, thanks!

I was blown away by the shittiness of the parents this week. Brystol's mom showed no empathy or concern at all when the kiddo smacked her face into the door. It was all about getting on stage. They were just totally delusional to think she could win something when she screamed her way through the whole thing. There's something wrong with her(the mom).

Also, I wasn't as shocked by the prostitute routine this week as I was by the get down on all fours and thrust your crotch at the judges from this thing here last week:

And the kid's incredibly ugly.

-- Stephen Hawking

Wasn't Brystol's mom the one who went to the judges to ask what they were looking for? Because they were probably looking for kid who didn't cry and scream her way through her 'routine'.

So much parenting fail on yesterday's episode. Not just Brystol's mom. Saw another kid getting 'special juice' to stay awake, I'm pretty sure that's code for Red Bull.

Cool

This is child abuse!

These parents should be investigated by Child Protective Services, is all I'm sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Wasn't Brystol's mom the one who went to the judges to ask what they were looking for?
    I hate myself for knowing this, but that was Chloe's mom. The judges were looking for a child who was awake I presume.

-- Stephen Hawking

Thanks Twitchy, Chloe was the poor child that was kept up until 1am the night before the pageant and fell asleep while getting her hair done, right? I can't keep all those poor toddlers from yesterday's ep apart.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information