Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Child beauty pageant blasted for awarding autistic girl Best Personality

Default Child beauty pageant blasted for awarding autistic girl Best Personality

Child beauty pageant blasted for awarding autistic girl Tahnee Myles best personailty[sic]

By Fenella Wagener
    August 02, 2011 12:00AM

Tahnee Myles won the best personality prize, despite her autism. Picture: Fiona Hamilton Source: Herald Sun

Mother labels child beauty pageant a farce A MOTHER labelled Melbourne's child beauty pageant a farce after organisers awarded her autistic daughter best personality prize.
    Child beauty pageant

Watch
    Close
    Child beauty pageant

Exclusive raw footage from behind the closed doors of the contentious child beauty pageant in Melbourne.
    Herald Sun30 July 2011

Leonie Myles, who brought her daughter Tahnee to Melbourne for the controversial pageant, said the award showed the event was unprofessional and disorganised, the Herald Sun reports.
    "They chopped and changed things at the last minute to suit management due to media issues, so it didn't look so bad in Australia," she said.
    Ms Myles was baffled when her nine-year-old daughter won Best Personality at final judging on Saturday.
    "I didn't understand why," she said.
    "Tahnee's social skills would not include having the best personality, due to autism. It was getting more sad, watching and wondering how they judged."
    One of the event's promoters, Carmen Powell, of Pageants Australia, stood by the decision to give Tahnee the award.
    "It's about making the children feel good about themselves, feel worthy," she said.
    "Regardless, when you enter your child into a competition the judges' decision is final."
    Ms Myles' outcry came as various organisations criticised the Universal Royalty Beauty Pageant and others like it for purposely sexualising participants, some of whom were as young as two years old.
    One of Melbourne's top modeling agencies has also attacked the pageant, saying it could contribute to insecurity and body image issues for girls later in life.
    "It is hard enough for those in their teens to deal with the ongoing hardships of self image, but to put this on to those barely past infancy is disgusting," FRM Model Management director Stephen Bucknall said.
    The pageant received further scrutiny when organisers were forced to post a note on Facebook agreeing to refund the $50 entrants spent ordering a photo and autograph from US pageant idol Eden Wood, who was scheduled to participate.
    Eden, six, pulled out of the event unexpectedly due to the increasing criticism it was receiving.

Source: Child beauty pageant blasted for awarding autistic girl Tahnee Myles best personailty | News.com.au

Universal Royalty pageants are run by that ghastly Annette Hill woman and featured on Toddlers & Tiaras. I wonder if this is going to show up on a future episode.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

"Tahnee's social skills would not include having the best personality, due to autism. It was getting more sad, watching and wondering how they judged."
    That's nice, Mom. I get that autistic kids don't really function on the same level as everyone else socially-speaking, but they're not completely incapable. She's smiling, she looks engaged and happy... maybe the judges looked past the autism unlike her mom, who clearly cannot do that.

i'm going to hell.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm right behind you.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Move over ladies, it's going to get crowded.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

There's plenty of room for all of us.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

i love you bitches
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She's just pissed 'cuz her kid wasn't "the pretty one".
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I don't undestand why the Mother of the Autistic girl even entered her into the pageant in the first place. THATS what baffles me. She doesn't have a good personality (according to the Mom) and is probably shy, etc so hey, lets make her compete in front of judges! EXPECTING her to lose. Oh I forgot, I bet the daughter REALLY WANTED TO be in the pageant. Yea...sure.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

You know what, maybe her daughter really did have the best personality in spite of what her twat-brained mother might think. The girl was probably more naturally charming than nine tenths of the the other kids there who'd been drilled and regimented in how to behave in a creepy, plastic pageant worthy manner and that's what won her the award.

Mummy is just pissed that Tahnee won an award that her mother is never going to be a candidate for, shrivelled bitch that she is.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Lynnie, she entered the darling because she's facially gifted. Or as we say in the biz, "facial."

tahnee? really?

Her last name is Bubbles

Her mom is a dick.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I don't undestand why the Mother of the Autistic girl even entered her into the pageant in the first place. THATS what baffles me. She doesn't have a good personality (according to the Mom) and is probably shy, etc so hey, lets make her compete in front of judges! EXPECTING her to lose. Oh I forgot, I bet the daughter REALLY WANTED TO be in the pageant. Yea...sure.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Annette Hill makes my vision go all blurry every time I see her on T&T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information