Thread: Beauty Queen Loses Crown Over Eating "Too Many Tacos"

Default Beauty Queen Loses Crown Over Eating "Too Many Tacos"

Domonique Ramirez, a beauty queen who claims she was dethroned because she gained weight by eating tacos, has lost the first round of her legal battle with pageant organisers.

17-year-old Domonique Ramirez was ousted from the 2010 Miss San Antonio contest over allegations of gaining weight (AP Photo/San Antonio Express-News, Jerry Lara)

Domonique wanted a temporary injunction against another girl taking her place mid-way through her reign.
    But a Texas judge turned down the 17-year-old’s request and her runner-up in the 2010 Miss San Antonio contest was crowned the new queen as she sat in court.
    ‘The judge’s decision today speaks for itself,’ said pageant organiser Linda Woods.
    During the hearing Domonique, who is 1.73m (5ft 8in) and weighs 58kg (9st 3lb) said she was ordered to lose 6kg (13lb).
    A clause stating that a ‘baseline for my weight and measurements will be established’ was among the contract violations listed in a countersuit filed by the Miss Bexar County group.

Most of the allegations relate to Miss Ramirez being late for appearances or skipping them altogether.
    Her lawyers said yesterday’s ruling was a ‘temporary setback’ and they were confident a jury would rule in their favour at next month’s trial.

Tacos? Man, why does she gotta be so stereotypical? Way to set yourself up, couldn't she see the late night talk show jokes coming? I guess pageant winners have never been accused of being overqualified in the intelligence department...

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My mind went right to Taco-flavored kisses too!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The director or whatever of the pageant actually said the "too many tacos" thing. Fucking bitches.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Default Texas beauty queen wins 'fat' case

Texas beauty queen Domonique Ramirez wins 'fat' case

Ms Ramirez claimed she was told to "get off the tacos" at a photo shoot

A US beauty contest winner who claimed she was stripped of her crown because she had gained weight has won her courtroom fight to regain the title.

Seventeen-year-old Domonique Ramirez claimed pageant officials in Texas had told her to "get off the tacos".

Organisers of the Miss San Antonio contest said she was dismissed because she had breached her contract.

After nearly 12 hours of deliberation, jurors in Bexar County, Texas, ruled in favour of Ms Ramirez.

Judge Barbara Nellermoe said she didn't "have any choice but to reinstate Domonique Ramirez as Miss San Antonio 2011".

Junk food
    "This is about principle, this is about what's right," the 5ft 8in (173cm), 129lb (58.5kg) Ms Ramirez said after the verdict on Thursday.

Organisers took away the teenager's crown in January, saying she had arrived late to events and failed to conduct herself in a way befitting a beauty queen.

During the week-long trial, pageant director Linda Woods said the teenager had turned up to a bikini shoot overweight, making the pictures "unusable".

Ms Ramirez told the court that pageant bosses had said she "needed to lay off the tacos and the junk food".

Ms Woods described the verdict as an "injustice for the city of San Antonio".

The judge reinstated Ms Ramirez's title after a week long trial
    Jury foreman Jesse Sanchez told the local newspaper, the Express-News, that the verdict was a "a hard decision". She declined to divulge what damages and fees were awarded to Ms Ramirez.

Now that she has her title back, Ms Ramirez is eligible to compete for the titles of Miss Texas and Miss America.

But, one complication remains. During her dismissal period, another Miss San Antonio, Ashley Dixon, was crowned.

"I don't plan on taking the crown away from Ashley. I'm hoping that we'll be able to share and she can go to Miss Texas as well as Miss Bexar County, and we can both share the crown," Ms Ramirez said.

BBC News - Texas beauty queen Domonique Ramirez wins 'fat' case

i just can't get over the fact that her parents named her 'domonique'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Lay off the tacos?

That's like telling a black person to lay off the fried chicken or an asian person to lay off the rice, etc. etc.

Not only stupid and crass thing to tell a young woman, but offensive to boot.

She's 5'8" and 129, I'd say that's anything but fat.

She got her crown re-instated by a judge, an actual judge in the courts, this week.

Hit By Ban Bus!

this is pretty funny

Elite Member

I thought the taco thing was kinda racist to, but considering that it's San Antonio probably most of the parties involved are Hispanic and perhaps aren't very sensitive about that kind of thing anyway.

The world really depressess me sometimes. What a waste of court time.

Eat tacos all you want, shes still tiny ffs! Stupid pagent bossess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Lmao!
    What a coincidence, I watched that episode last night

i think that's possibly my favourite south park episode. so wrong.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Man, I really want some tacos right now and we don't have any taco places here! Why oh why?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information