Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Meet pageant dad: The man who is the secret weapon behind six-year-old's success

Default Meet pageant dad: The man who is the secret weapon behind six-year-old's success

Military man Christian Granda has an unusual hobby - turning his little girl into a beauty queen.
    Christian, 37, spends his days at work recruiting some of the world's bravest medics to join the Air Force.
    But come the weekend he turns into a hands on pageant dad - driving his six-year-old daughter Ellisyn to competitions, helping with her nails, and making sure her lipstick is just right.

Dad Christian and mum Barbie wear their Team Ellisyn t-shirts at the Heartbreaker and America's Belles and Beaus duel pageants in November in Phoenix, Arizona, as they do many weekends. Ellisyn won Grand Supreme

With military precision Christian and his wife Barbie, 39, organise their daughter's dresses, dance routines, and spray tans.
    Christian said: 'I just see the pageants as a competition. If I'd had a son I would have taken him to baseball games and helped him with that.
    'To me pageants are the same thing, it's just that I help Ellisyn with her dance moves, rather than with her batting technique.
    'Some of the guys at work did give me a hard time at first but now some of them want to help their daughters get into pageants and they ask me for advice.

The macho Air Force recruiter helps his daughter with her lipstick, hair and tanning, in addition to helping her put on her fake nails, as he is seen doing here

'It's a way for me and Ellisyn to bond. I've only ever missed one pageant because of work which really upset me as I wanted to be there for her.'
    After school Ellisyn attends a dance academy before returning to her home in Phoenix, Arizona, to practice her routines for the pageants she competes in almost every other weekend.
    Christian and Barbie but Ellisyn's outfits online and then customise them with sequins and bows.
    Once her dance moves and outfits are spot on, Christian and pre-school teacher Barbie will drive to pageants across America where Ellisyn will have a spray tan, make-up artist and hair stylist to get her ready.

Ellisyn, seen here during the swimwear portion of the two different pageants, wears fake teeth, fake hair, fake nails and makeup to compete

Ellisyn competes in full Glitz pageants - where kids can wear as much fakery as they wish.
    And Ellisyn's parents are happy for her to go all out with fake eye-lashes, hair pieces, and even fake teeth - known as Flippers - that are specially designed for pageant children.
    Christian said: 'We are happy for Ellisyn to wear make-up and have fake tans for the competitions.
    'I can understand people's reservations about pageants - it can be scary at times to see Ellisyn all dressed up, but it's just a competition.
    'All the pageants are held in a controlled environment and every child is with a responsible adult.

Christian has taking a ribbing from his coworkers but he doesn't care. He loves to help his daughter with her pageant routines

'I don't even mind her taking part in the swimsuit rounds but I draw the line at a bikini. 'But the second the pageant finishes it's all taken off and she's just like any other six-year-old. We have no make-up, fake tan or pageant clothes at home.
    Christian prides himself on being involved in the whole process - and even goes backstage at the shows to encourage Ellisyn while mum Barbie sits in the audience.
    He admits to being one of the loudest parents cheering at the sidelines when Ellisyn is on stage. And it was actually Christian who suggested that they should enter Ellisyn in pageants after he saw an advert in the paper when she was a baby.
    So Ellisyn entered her first competition when she was just six-months-old and won easily.

Ellisyn, here at the International Prince and Princess (IPP) pageant prelim in 2006 in Syracuse, New York, entered her first pageant when she was just six months old, and she won

She has now won more than 75 titles over the last five years and all her pageant winnings have been put in a trust fund for when she goes to college.

Christian said: 'I'm incredible proud of her. Ellisyn is as much a perfectionist as I am and we work hard together to make sure she does the best she can at every pageant.
    'She has her own pageant coach and on the day of the competition she has her hair and make-up done professionally but I also help her get ready and stick her false nails on.'
    But Christian and Barbie - who competed in beauty competitions as a teenager - said they would quit pageants the second Ellisyn didn't want to do them anymore.
    Christian said: 'The moment Ellisyn tells me she doesn't want to do pageants we'll stop but at the moment she loves them.'

Read more: The military man who loves helping his daughter paint her nails, spray tan and dance in her quest to win pageants | Mail Online

1) That's a WIFE? Looks like something from the Addam's family.
    2) Why are you tarting up your prepubescent CHILD to look like a prostitute?
    3) What POSSIBLE PURPOSE could parading said prepubescent child around in a swimsuit have. What are they judging her on, her body? Jesus fucking christ.
    4) You gave her a fucking stupid pageant name. Ellisyn? The fuck is THAT.
    5) "Christian said: 'The moment Ellisyn tells me she doesn't want to do pageants we'll stop but at the moment she loves them.' " - Oh yeah, the old "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN" line. How many times have we heard the Manatees (and now MANatees) say that shit while ripping each other's kids apart.

You people should be shot in the face and your bodies burned for fuel.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    "Christian said: 'The moment Ellisyn tells me she doesn't want to do pageants we'll stop but at the moment she loves them.' " - Oh yeah, the old "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN" line.
    I'm sure she used a sophisticated system of sign language and gurgles when she was 6 months old to get the message to her parents that she desperately wanted to do pageants, so they were just following her wishes. It's what every newborn infant really wants.

And they have a pageant for little girls called Heartbreakers? Now that is really fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    1) That's a WIFE? Looks like something from the Addam's family.
    2) Why are you tarting up your prepubescent CHILD to look like a prostitute?
    3) What POSSIBLE PURPOSE could parading said prepubescent child around in a swimsuit have. What are they judging her on, her body? Jesus fucking christ.
    4) You gave her a fucking stupid pageant name. Ellisyn? The fuck is THAT.
    5) "Christian said: 'The moment Ellisyn tells me she doesn't want to do pageants we'll stop but at the moment she loves them.' " - Oh yeah, the old "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN" line. How many times have we heard the Manatees (and now MANatees) say that shit while ripping each other's kids apart.
    You basically said it all. What the fuck is point of competing in a pageant when the teeth, hair, nails, tan, make-up, EVERYTHING is all fake and glued/sprayed/painted on? Especially children!
    BelledeJour likes this.

The guy is gay and he needs to admit it. The girl is a mini slut and will be fucked up for the rest of her life.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    The guy is gay and he needs to admit it. The girl is a mini slut and will be fucked up for the rest of her life.
    they showed him on some Hollywood yack show today. The dad is way gay.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

[quote=Honey;2327165]
    Ellisyn, seen here during the swimwear portion of the two different pageants, wears fake teeth, fake hair, fake nails and makeup to compete

What a way to teach your daughter self worth.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

You all should've tuned in to Toddlers & Tiaras last night. They had on another dad who makes this guy look like an amateur. It was for the Universal Royalty pageant. The dad last night actually has a sewing machine and makes his daughter's clothes, does her hair & makeup, and gives her cues while she's on stage. Basically doing her routine. It was HYSTERICAL!!! You all gotta check it out when it's re-broadcast. Too good not to miss.

Now this is the dad that has always pinged my gaydar:

YouTube - Toddlers & Tiaras- Jayla's Dad

ETA:

This one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-m5RhU5Nw

How does this not creep their wives out?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Pageants at 6 months old?! What the hell?!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    This one too:

YouTube - Toddlers & Tiaras - Ava's Dad

How does this not creep their wives out?
    YES!!! Ava's dad!! Your second link, THAT is the guy that was on last night, and boy was he pissed when his daughter only got 2nd runner up in her division.

I actually got my husband to watch some of this last night, but he went to sleep instead, too disgusted to watch anymore.

Either a repressed gay or a repressed pedo.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    That's the guy who referred to his daughter as "product". Gotta say his gut is damn impressive though. Pregnant octomom would be jealous.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hell yeah to what Grimm said.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information