Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British Girl Wins America's Perfect Teen

Default British Girl Wins America's Perfect Teen

A British private schoolgirl has caused a storm after being named America's Perfect Teen.
    Anysha Panesar, 16, beat a host of American beauties to win the contest while on holiday in Florida.
    But the families of other contestants are furious at the snub to the U.S. girls - because Anysha is from a tiny village in Wales.

Parents of the American girls have protested to the organisers of the pageant, which has a $2,000 (1,300) first prize - and an $18,000 (11,500) scholarship to train as a TV broadcaster.
    But Anysha has hit back - arguing the outcry is just sour grapes.
    'Some people did say I shouldn't have won because I'm British,' she said.
    'But really I think the people who said that just said it because they didn't win.'
    Anysha - who goes to the same private school in Cardiff that singer Charlotte Church used to attend - entered the teenage beauty pageant while at the family holiday home in Kissimmee, Florida.
    The America's Perfect Teen contest, which included girls as young as 13, has a big following in the States.
    But Anysha was stunned to beat the other 30 contestants from across America.
    She said: 'I think I was a bit different.
    'The pageant is like no other in that there are no rules for what you wear. It's more like America's Next Top Model.
    'One year a girl even carried a panther cub down the runway.
    'I didn't think I would actually win because I'm British, so I thought there was no chance I was going to win an American pageant.
    'So when it got to me and one other person I thought I was going to come second.
    'Then they announced the first runner up and I began walking forward before I realised it wasn't my name.
    'My mum was sitting there crying her eyes out and my dad didn't know what to do with himself. My grandparents were on the phone - they were all so proud.'

Anysha lives with her family in the village of Llangan in Vale of Glamorgan - and is now back in classes at Howells School in Cardiff.
    She said: 'I've taken part in quite a few pageants now.
    'They started off as just a bit of fun because I went on a school trip to The Clothes Show in Birmingham and won a catwalk competition there, and that got me through to the finals of my very first pageant.
    'It just somehow grew from there and I got addicted to them.
    'The pageants themselves can be really overwhelming because the girls do them every single weekend and they've been doing them since they were four years old.
    'I wasn't as experienced as the other girls and didn't know as much as they did - so I still can't believe I actually won.'
    The pageant's founder Michael Galanes, whose toddlers' pageant Little Miss Perfect has become a TV hit in the U.S., admitted it has caused fury.
    He said: 'Yes, her win caused a bit of a stir because she is, of course, British.
    'But that is perfectly within the rules of the competition and those people are just nay-sayers.
    'One of the judges told me they liked Anysha because she was a breath of fresh air.
    'She has natural beauty but she isn't afraid to be a bit wild. Anysha - what a beautiful girl.'

Anysha won the scholarship to learn broadcasting in the U.S., which she plans to take up after her A-levels.
    She is also in talks to have her own TV show about her year as America's Perfect Teen.
    Her mother Caroline, 41, said: 'We're so proud of Anysha, she's such a talented girl and we couldn't be more supportive of what she's doing.
    'At the end of the day, we just want her to be happy.'

Read more: British schoolgirl Anysha Panesar wins 'America's Perfect Teen' pageant | Mail Online

She was on "My Super Sweet Sixteen" [UK version].
    I remember her Moulin Rouge party lol

Oh,boy. Wait till Mel sees that tiara.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Was that a beauty contest??? She's kind of a fugmuppet.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I hate how they smile. Looks so forced and rehearsed. Gives me the creeps.

I think she's pretty. But I agree about the smiling!

Man the American girls must have been really ugly if she was chosen as the winner of a beauty pageant.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

How does a 16yo have cellulite? I demand to see her birth certificate.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Love it. What's up w/the crown? She looks like she should be conducting a mass.
    "I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"

More pics of Anysha Panesar

Rock the fuck on!

^ That's a 16 year old?! She looks like she could be on some incarnation of Real Housewives.

She's an old looking 16 year old.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I really want to see the other contestants. I wonder if the competition is based more on personality than looks. She does have nice skin though!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

13-16 year olds competing in this 'perfect teen' contest?

Gives me the cavity creeps.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Man the American girls must have been really ugly if she was chosen as the winner of a beauty pageant.
    they were talking about this on the today show this morning and showed footage from the pageant. there were prettier girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information