Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teen beauty queen sues reality show

Thumbs down Teen beauty queen sues reality show

'Wife Swap' teen says show ruined her life & sues for $100M - NYPOST.com

TV 'Wife Swap' kid sues show for $100M

By DAREH GREGORIAN

Last Updated: 10:54 AM, March 23, 2010

Posted: 2:36 AM, March 23, 2010

A teen ex-beauty queen is suing Disney and the TV show "Wife Swap" for $100 million -- charging that they intentionally ruined her life by making her look like a spoiled brat, exposing her to "ridicule, mockery and derision."

"For their own profit, defendants purposefully, intentionally and knowingly caused severe emotional and psychological harm to a fragile 15-year-old," says the Manhattan Supreme Court suit, which also targets ABC and RDF Media.

The show features families swapping mothers.

Alicia Guastafarro, now 18, was so wounded by "incessant verbal and physical assaults from her peers," the suit says, that the former honor student had to finish high school in a special program.
    GUASTAFARRO Says she was ridiculed.
    GUASTAFARRO Says she was ridiculed.

And while the show claims to be reality, many of its sequences were scripted, the suit alleges.

The former Little Miss Buffalo said she was instructed to pretend to get a "Christmas present" every morning, to angrily return her cereal to her mom and to repeat such lines as "I am the most popular girl in school."

She adds that penalty clauses in her contract "prohibited and discouraged" her from explaining her behavior and that while her mom, Karen, got $20,000 from the show, she didn't get a dime.

The show's producers declined to comment

Read more: 'Wife Swap' teen says show ruined her life & sues for $100M - NYPOST.com

First thread I've started. I hope I did it right

Anywho...I remember this girl from the huge pageant thread. She was quite the spoiled brat and, I don't think the show did anything but show her true colors.

fgg

she's suing bc she needs a new flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by elliottsgirl View Post
    And while the show claims to be reality, many of its sequences were scripted, the suit alleges.
    Which she and her parents clearly went along with... surely they signed a contract?

For anyone who wants to see the show.

Part 1: YouTube - Wife Swap - Boss/ Guastaferro pt.1/5
    Part 2: YouTube - Wife Swap -Boss/ Guastaferro pt. 2/5
    Part 3: YouTube - Wife Swap - Boss/ Guastaferro pt. 3/5
    Part 4: YouTube - Wife Swap - Boss/ Guastaferro pt. 4/5
    Part 5: YouTube - Wife Swap - Boss/ Guastaferro pt. 5/5

She's either a brat or the best actress ever. I vote brat.

I wonder if the real reason for the lolsuit is the family's current finances?

Karen Guastaferro

‘Wife Swap’ couple admit money laundering

Amherst residents could go to prison

By Michael Beebe
    NEWS STAFF REPORTER
    Published: November 18, 2009, 12:30 am

When Ralph and Karen Guastaferro laid their lives bare in January 2008 on the ABC reality show “Wife Swap,” viewers probably thought there was nothing left to say about this Amherst couple and their pampered daughter, who was given a present a day by her parents.

But the Guastaferros had yet another story to tell Tuesday in federal court, where they both pleaded guilty to felony charges.

Ralph Guastaferro, 62, admitted laundering $1.2 million in illegal proceeds for a Canadian telemarketing scheme.

And his wife, Karen, 55, admitted failing to declare wages for half her workers at the glass tinting shop the couple owned. Over four years, she said, she paid her workers $370,396 off the books and failed to pay $56,670 in taxes.

Now the Guastaferros, who were flush enough in January 2008 when they were reality TV stars to give their daughter a brand new Chevrolet Tahoe — even though she was too young to drive — are so broke they can’t afford to pay their lawyers.

And both admitted felonies that could send them to federal prison: 46 to 57 months for him; 10 to 16 months for her under federal sentencing guidelines.

The government had made no agreement on whether it would seek jail terms for either Guastaferro, said Assistant U. S. Attorney Maryellen Kresse, who prosecuted the couple.

Ralph Guastaferro could see his sentence guidelines come down to 27 to 33 months if he cooperates in the telemarketing investigation.

And although U. S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah J. McCarthy said the court would not have to abide by the sentencing guidelines — meaning they could be given more or less time — the actual sentencing will be made by U. S. District Judge William M. Skretny.

The Guastaferros burst onto the national scene when they agreed to take part in “Wife Swap.” Karen Guastaferro lived in the home of a religious Indiana couple, and Angie Boss, the wife in that family, went to live with Ralph Guastaferro and his daughter, Alicia, in the Guastaferros’ home on Stonybrook Lane in Amherst.
    The resulting program was popular on YouTube, with hundreds of thousands of hits, and viewers expressing their opinions on what they saw as the Guastaferros’ lavish lifestyle and pampering of Alicia, a former preschool beauty queen.

But federal investigators were already looking at the Guastaferros, and in June, a team of agents from the FBI and Internal Revenue Service staged all-day raids at the Guastaferro home and business, Eclipse Glass Tinting in Clarence.

Ralph Guastaferro, the government charged, operated a business called Eclipse Processing from November 2004 through January 2006, opening two checking accounts in this name at the Bank of Akron.

Money from the telemarketing fraud, agents charged, was deposited in two third-party payment processors, one in California, the other in Ohio, and the funds were then transferred to Guastaferro’s company account in Akron.

Guastaferro admitted that he laundered $1.2 million from the telemarketers and agreed in the plea that he would pay a fine of $100,000, plus any prison time he is given. The government has already seized $14,544 from him.

His wife admitted that between 2004 and 2008, she failed to report wages for all the workers, including herself and her husband, she employed at the glass tinting business.

In 2008, for instance, she reported having only three employees when there were five, and she failed to report wages of $69,981.

Herbert L. Greenman, a lawyer representing Karen Guastaferro, asked the judge to assign him as a paid counsel, as has Ralph Guastaferro’s attorney, Rodney O. Personious.

“Their finances are poor at the present time,” Greenman told the court.
    ‘Wife Swap’ couple admit money laundering : Northern Suburbs : The Buffalo News

They're all scum.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; March 23rd, 2010 at 04:13 PM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Which she and her parents clearly went along with... surely they signed a contract?
    Yep, so sue your fucking parents, bitch. You were a minor and they put you in that situation.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    she's suing bc she needs a new flipper.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

If it was me and I signed up for some tv show (I would never do that) and they started telling my kid to do that (if it's true) I would tell them to get out of my house. If the story is true, what did they expect would happen?
    "Well isn't that special"

Her teeth look like they're french manicured.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^ I was going to type the exact same thing!! It's freaky ... that's all I can see when I look at her face.

"The former Little Miss Buffalo "

LOL

I remember this girl! She was a brat...LOL at her french manicured chompers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I remember how she was so rude to the waitress that the new mom made her get a job in a restaurant and she started crying because she felt degraded having to work.

Awww....poor wittle fragile baby!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

LOL!! I totally remember this show! We actually were at a pageant in 2005 in Kentucky that these idiots were at. She is not just a preschool beauty queeen. She competed into her teens. At the pageant, her father got a special award for being the most supportive pageant parent. Not kidding. (BARF)

And although we didn't really inteact with them, she certainly seemed like a spoiled little brat whose parents doted on her when we were with them for that weekend in 2005. Now they are suing? What a crock. They are attention whores for signing up for any kind of show like that....

Elite Member

The parents are solely responsible for their brat of a kid, not the Wife Swap show. I honestly don't think you could write a script horrid enough to depict this girl. What we saw really was reality! I hope she continues to be harrassed and ridiculed. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information