Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your fugly annoying Flip-Flops can KILL you!

Yes I disinfect my bathtub after the flip flop cleansing.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

i NEVER go barefoot outside. blech. if i do wear flip flops, its my birkenstocks. i feel a bit 'safer' because there's a sort of lip around the edge of the shoe, and i dont feel my feet are near the ground.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    G-strings or "Gs" if we're feeling lazy and reverting to the Aussie habit of shortening everything.

We shun the use of the term flip-flops (it's an "Americanism" ) and tend to delight in the confused and disturbed looks on tourists' faces when we deliberately use the word thong, as in footwear, in situations that would be bizarre if you assumed we meant underwear.
    Is it really? I've never heard them refered to as anything else til I went to the US. I said flip-flops & everyone looked at me strangely (not a random flip-flop, but in a conversation about footwear....), so I thought that it was a european thing!

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    sluce - i hope you disinfect your tub after washing the flipflops, even if you use bleach. you then shower in it and your feet touch the floor obviously, not good.

i wear flip flops however i live in the suburbs and i shouldn't due to foot ailments. i do wear the thicker ones with arch support, not the cheesy thin ones.

women, you should always never put your purse on a public restroom floor, always use the hook on the door or keep it in your lap if there isn't one. purses can also carry major bacteria.
    Its not just the restroom floor, but ANY floor....

I don't get this horror about flop-flops - one's normal shoes will pick all this bacteria too... what do people do about that?

Yeah, it severely pisses me off when there aren't any hooks or anything to hang your purse on a bathroom stall. It's too freaking hard to pee and wipe and everything while clutching your purse. Makes me want to go purse-less again.

Ummm...wow is there not anything better people can do with their time?!?!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

A*O

They are called jandals in New Zealand.

I don't get this horror about "germs" either. ALL shoes pick up stuff you wouldn't want to look at under a mircoscope. You are probably exposed to more killer bacteria walking down a city street, or touching a door handle, an escalator handrail, and worst of all, money/coins. Get a grip people.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

fgg

um, flip-flops rock. that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    G-strings or "Gs" if we're feeling lazy and reverting to the Aussie habit of shortening everything.
    LOL - you forgot the ever so delightful "G-Banger" ... which makes me cringe every time I hear it. Or perhaps you associate with a more classy lot than the crass gutter trash I embrace as friends....
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

Silver Member

novice - the thing about the flipflops - its said the cheaper ones - the bacteria goes right through the sponge, that was the issue at hand, making them more unsafe.

sluce - good job with cleaning the tub!! i'd use a utility sink if you had one though. i realize they aren't always available.

i have a doormat where the shoes stay upon entering. hopefully the worst of the germs stay there. of course there are times when the shoes don't come off right away for one reason or another.

i would think very thin soled sandals wouldn't be very safe either. i don't wear them now but when i did, my feet would always be black or very dirty when i took them off. thus i quit wearing them.

Silver Member

i for one don't fret about germs too much. i'm one for washing hands often with anti-bacterial soap. many of the hand-pump soaps today are NOT antibacterial, just nice smelling. you need to look and make sure you are getting one that kills the germs.

Paranoia caused by the media again?

If you are afraid of staph, do not touch door handles, grocery carts, the credit card machines in stores, products in stores, or anything that has been in the contact of someone else for that matter. Short of living in a bubble or creating a germ free home and never leaving it, how can one completely avoid contact with staph?

Until all germs are eradicated, becoming Monk seems like an uphills battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Is it really? I've never heard them refered to as anything else til I went to the US. I said flip-flops & everyone looked at me strangely (not a random flip-flop, but in a conversation about footwear....), so I thought that it was a european thing!
    Maybe it's both, but in Australia we'll hear it used in US tv shows and stuff and I guess just assume it's the same as "cell phone" or "diaper".

Quote Originally Posted by misrule View Post
    LOL - you forgot the ever so delightful "G-Banger" ... which makes me cringe every time I hear it. Or perhaps you associate with a more classy lot than the crass gutter trash I embrace as friends....
    That's a new one. Either that or I've heard it before and repressed the memory.

And they're hard to put on when you're drunk.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAWLoRtNFl0[/YOUTUBE]
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Oh no you didn''t just insult my flip flops.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information