Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Woman Is Thrown to Her Death from Rollercoaster in Texas

Dead yet?

LOL
    CornFlakegrl and Karistiona like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^ bol!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    We were in Hershey Park this weekend, and there were a couple of rides where they mentioned weight limits for riders. However, it's not like they had a scale - it was more of an advisement that was to your discretion.

Back in May, we were in Busch Gardens Tampa, and a VERY large woman was goaded by her kids to get on a particular ride. I can't even remember what the heck it was. It was the kind of seat where you actually almost had to hop backward into it. She couldn't do it herself and the attendant and her kids kept trying to lift her. But even when they did, she didn't fit in the seat itself. She eventually had to give up. I can't imagine the embarrassment she felt walking away from that in front of hundreds of waiting riders.

We were on the coaster below (Storm Runner) on Saturday. It only last about 90 seconds, but it feels like it's going to kill you. It is REALLY, REALLY hard on your neck. I think it's a dangerous ride, and I was glad it was so short in duration.

The problem is that the bar makes each click as it gets closer to your body. If your stomach protrudes enough, it's going to stop the bar at the first click. It does sound like it's the attendant's fault. They probably let her go for the sake of expediency on a crowded day.
    Sweet Jesus I wouldn't go on that thing for all the money in the world.

It's not her fault. Whoever secured her and allowed her to proceed at this ride should be prosecuted. That was criminal, her poor son!

The boyfriend and I are a bit over 200 kg combined and every time we've been to an amusement park here we were told clearly about limits and in what rides we were not allowed to sit side by side. People were strict as fuck and I'm very glad for it.
    McJag likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

That poor woman and her family - just horrible.

I do not recall which park but I know quite a few have those "test seats". My son is tall and he always tests them. I also know I have seen oversized seats for those who are..well..oversized. Extra wide, longer belts etc.

And unless I am completely out of mind - or remembering on a different apparatus - I recall seeing the circles with green/red settings - so if the over the shoulder safety bar was not in far enough then it would show a red setting, pressing it in further would show the green part of the circle. Anyone recall seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wow, Great White will perform anywhere these days....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information