Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Woman Drives for 900 Miles Instead of 90 Thanks to GPS Error (and Total Stupidity)

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Not spooky at all, highly entertaining read.
    I just googled it, it does look like a good, funny read. I thought maybe it was about a creepy missing persons case.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Just yesterday I heard a news story about a gps failure that ended with a man driving his car into a river. Seriously, you don't see the river before you drive into it?
    I was in a car when this almost happened. My ex-fiance and I were driving from Dallas to New Orleans in the middle of the night (He's fucking crazy, don't ask.) and I think he had the GPS set to shortest distance instead of shortest time? I'm not even know for sure how it happened. I was asleep in the passenger's seat and woke up to him slamming on the brakes. The GPS had indicated for him to take a ferry, and, being the middle of the night, there was no ferry. Duh. If only Darwin would work for his dumbass. Actually his whole family.

This is why I use print out directions from Mapquest instead of using my GPS. Although even MQ fucks up from time to time.
    Brookie likes this.

Gold Member

My GPS once told me that I had reached my destination while still driving on the New Jersey turnpike - and nowhere near my destination. I now use the GPS on my iPhone. So far, so good.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Awwww, this reminds of my grandmother, I worry but I know the day is coming that we will need to make other transportation arrangements for her and she is not going to like it.

My boss makes fun of my "not so smart" phone because it's a blackberry and I don't use it for maps, I always print out my directions and study them repeatedly before I go anywhere.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Gps are not to be trusted for directions. I always do the study the directions before I leave method. Google maps is usually pretty updated and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Just yesterday I heard a news story about a gps failure that ended with a man driving his car into a river. Seriously, you don't see the river before you drive into it?
    I remember an episode from The Office where Steve Carell does the same thing!

Back to this story...so what happened to the friend? Is s/he still waiting at the station?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Possibly died from laughing their ass off? What an eejit.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I print out my directions before I leave too, or I just look them up and copy them over to the notebook I always carry with me.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

I'm wondering if she's showing early memory loss or impairment? Being that distracted takes talent, I'm known to live in my own little world but this is extreme. Hope her son discusses it with her doctor yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    LOL this sounds like the plot to an existential movie.
    it's like 'the straight story' but with alzheimer's and minus the rural charm.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ i loved that movie. i have this thing for Richard Farnsworth, i just adored him.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ i loved that movie. i have this thing for Richard Farnsworth, i just adored him.
    me too! i think it might possibly be my favourite david lynch movie. and i loved richard farnsworth too, ever since i was a kid and he played matthew on anne of green gables. i was so sad when he died.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    schengen. no more borders in europe.
    Not true, not every country in Europe is automatically part of the Schengen area. Croatia won't even be in the EU until (at least) July, they won't accede to Schengen until 2015. Which means granny crossed at least one actual border.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Sure, she crossed the border between sanity and dementia.
    juggernautofsin likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information