Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman dies after hot beef injection

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    A hot beef injection means something COMPLETELY different in my house, so this was a must read!
    No shit what a thread title!!!!

Death by Acute Dumbness.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I pictured Judd Nelson reading the thread title.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Woman Self-Injected Hot Beef Fat into Her Face, Dies

Updated: Friday, 09 Sep 2011, 4:09 PM CDT
    Published : Friday, 09 Sep 2011, 4:09 PM CDT
    Sun-Times Media Wire

Chicago - A south suburban woman died Thursday after apparently injecting heated beef fat into her face.
    Janet Hardt, 63, of 1036 W. 186th St. in Homewood, was pronounced dead at 6:25 p.m. at Advocate South Suburban Hospital in Hazel Crest, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

An autopsy Friday determined Hardt died of peritonitis, a severe abdominal inflammation caused by a bacterial infection suffered from weakened walls in her colon, according to the medical examiner’s office.

Infections she suffered in her face from the injections did not lead to her death, which was ruled natural, according to the medical examiner’s office.
    A source said shortly before Hardt died,she injected heated beef fat and injected it into her face around her mouth and chin, a procedure she had done before on several occasions.

Her face reportedly looked “grotesque’’ and she infections in her mouth and lip, and also had scarring from performing the injections “for some time.’’

The victim was reportedly “obsessed’’ with the process of performing self-injections and had developed her own “process,’’ according to a source. She would boil the beef herself, extract the fat and inject it into her face.

Hardt went to the hospital after complaining that her face felt like it was burning, according to the source.

She had previously undergone multiple facial surgeries, the source said. Her face had a “tight’’ appearance and was not very wrinkled.

Homewood spokeswoman Rachael Jones was not available to comment Friday afternoon.
    Janet Hardt Self-Injected Hot Beef Fat into Her Face, Dies

now I really NEED to see photos!
    "We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^God, that makes me nauseous.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Yeah?

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Woman Self-Injected Hot Beef Fat into Her Face, Dies

now I really NEED to see photos!
    I'd have imagined she looked at least a little bit like this
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Bump because I FOUND A PICTURE!!!!

Beef Fat Injection Woman Up On Felony Rap When She Died

The Homewood woman, hospitalized after injecting hot beef fat into her face, died as one daughter was fighting in court to keep her away from another daughter.

• By Joseph Hosey
    • September 13, 2011

On the day 63-year-old Janet Hardt died, the daughter from whom she'd been estranged for 12 years went to court to extend an order of protection against the woman.

Hardt, of Homewood, died Thursday at Advocate South Suburban Hospital in Hazel Crest, where she'd gone after injecting into her face hot beef fat she'd boiled herself. Though she said she'd done this several times in the past, Hardt complained her face was burning. She was pronounced dead at 6:25 that evening.

The Cook County Medical Examiner, after autopsy, said her death was caused by an abdominal infection.

The unusual circumstance that brought her to the hospital garnered worldwide attention.

In the years preceding her death, Hardt got herself in trouble with the law and was awaiting trial on felony charges, accused of forging a judge's name on custody papers. She was also under a judge's order to stay away from a daughter she repeatedly harassed, according to court documents reviewed by Patch.

On the same day Hardt died, her daughter Heather Cocke went to court to extend an order of protection she initially secured in August 2009. In her petition to obtain the order, Cocke said Hardt told the Lockport police that Cocke was holding her younger sister, Hilary Hardt, “against her will.”

After police determined no one was being held captive in Cocke’s Lockport home, the 4-foot-11, 90-pound Hardt showed up and started “banging on my doors and windows and looking in my house,” Cocke said.

Cocke claimed in the filing that she and her mother had not spoken in a dozen years, “but because I’m helping my father who is going through a divorce, my family is in jeopardy.”

Hardt tried to obtain emergency custody and guardianship of the same 18-year-old daughter she claimed was being held prisoner in Cocke’s home. In doing so, she forged a court order for the guardianship of Hilary Hardt in the name of Cook County Judge James Riley, according to authorities, and presented it to the Lockport police in August 2009.

In Cocke’s petition for protection, she said Hilary Hardt suffers from “shared psychosis.”

Janet Hardt apparently suffered from mental problems of her own. The court ruled in August 2010 that she was unfit to stand trial. Prosecutors and her defense attorney stipulated that Hardt's mental state should be assessed in 2011.

Clinical psychologist Randy Zoot recently performed a psychiatric evaluation of Hardt. Zoot was scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 27 to testify whether Hardt was sane enough to go to trial.

A staffer with the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said an autopsy performed Friday revealed that Hardt died of peritonitis and perforated diverticulitis — the inflammation of her abdominal wall and a hole in her intestine. According to the medical examiner’s office, Hardt died of “natural causes.”

A report on the WLS website said “shortly before Hardt died, she injected heated beef fat into her face around her mouth and chin, a procedure she had done before on several occasions.”
    Beef Fat Injection Woman Up On Felony Rap When She Died - Homewood-Flossmoor, IL Patch

"We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

Fuuuuck. I like how she's posing to show off the nails.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Thanks for the update...if for no other reason than that I got to read this stellar subject line again.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Did she actually die from doing this, or some other reason? I can't believe she didn't contract Noma or something from doing this.

article says peritonitis so I'm guessing it was peritonitis

"ROFL" -- rest of world

Yeah, but I usually hear about people getting peritonitis from a burst appendix, or a perforated intestine.

is it wrong that i find her nails more revolting than her face?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information