Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Watch yer ass: China's dirty war on America's toilet paper

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I don't know.... Novice has been following me since the Camilla broke her leg postings. Is she from the UK? Does she adore Camilla? Also I argued with Mel about illegal immigrants (damn if they weren't here I would have enough dough remodel my fucking kitchen or buy another pair of Jimmy Choo shoes). I have heard that they are BFFs. Just speculation....

It's funny because in my personal life and profession I am talking from personal experience about immigrants and China.
    um, yeah. and your "personal experience" seems to trump everyone else's experiences, doesn't it? the great illegal alien defender over here battering the chinese... well color my white ass SHOCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    following you since the Camilla thread? Have I? Damn and I didn't ever know it! I'm obviously loosing my touch or that boxed wine is giving you paranoia! My vote is on the latter.

yeah passive aggressiveness at it's finest! Has anyone else noticed that some posters announce dramatically that dun-dun-der " you're going on their ignore list" like I actually care? Hahahaha is that a whiff of rotting fish from the sea? Or just a badly made (bviously from inferior materials in a industrialised country) reproduction.

Oh yeah, funny how you're snarking at me for being nasty, when you're trying to insult me in the process. Oop! I forgot - you can't see this. Maybe someone might quote me so you can see it.
    Oh, you and I shall have to comfort each other and work through our grief. I got the announcement a week or two ago that I was going on ignore.... "bye bye"...
    Last edited by Tati; April 27th, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Oh, you and I shall have to comfort each other and work through our grief. I got the announcement a week or two ago that I was going on ignore.... "bye bye"...
    Lolz - I'm obviously heartbroken but Sharky just can't stay away from this thread even if it can't see the posts *waves hand in it's face* see! Told you!!!!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

2 true stories from the love of my life, my partner who lived in Hong Kong for 14 years.

When they would eat out as a family in HK, when finished they would smash their food and cover it with condiments so it couldn't be: YMCA. Yesterday's Meals Cooked Again. When I was little, I remember my parents telling me to finish my food because: "People are starving in China!" My husband saw them starving right outside his door. He saw people drown Chow puppies and invite his family for dinner. When his family watched tv, they used an iron gate due to the heat. He told me that people were gathered around his front door watching tv with his family (5 families in one room per family like his was a good life). Life is different there. Life is hard. It's truly life or death. I remember going there for a vacation HK- I felt bad because I had brand new vacation clothes and socks. I saw children my age in flimsy canoes holding babies and crying for handouts. It was eye-opening and horrific.
    This is utter nonsense. Hong Kong is one of the richest cities in the world. It's a global financial capital. It's hardly a place where poverty and starvation stalk the population. People walk around covered head to toe in Chanel. The amount of poor is the same that you encounter in any major city in the west, people aren't starving in the streets.

I can speak from my personal experience. I've been to HK about 30 times.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; April 26th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    This is utter nonsense. Hong Kong is one of the richest cities in the world. It's a global financial capital. It's hardly a place where poverty and starvation stalk the population. People walk around covered head to to in Chanel. The amount of poor is the same that you encounter in any major city in the west, people aren't starving in the streets.

I can speak from my personal experience. I've been to HK about 30 times.
    I am talking about how HK was many years ago. Do you go there for business and vacation? Or do you live like the average citizen? My husband still has relatives that live there right now. To be honest, I saw the most beautiful thing and the ugliest thing there in my whole life. When we were sailing to Macau, there was a junk with people waving to us from their boat - we waved back. It was astonishing. I felt like I was in the time of Jesus. The most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

When we were in the Star Ferry Plaza some old men were "playing" with a new dog mom. Her breasts were sagging. They passed her babies from person to person while she chased them with her ears pulled back, terrified. They were laughing. I told them "diu nega lo mo lan chow hai" - "you fuck your mom in her VD ridden asshole". They stopped. They were pissed, they wanted to beat me in my new vacation clothes but hesitated because I obviously was a foreigner. In the end, they stopped torturing the new mother. That's all I cared about. The ugliest thing I have ever seen.

The more recent stories are from the poor country provinces of Red China, and yes, life is extremely hard there.

The point I am making is that life is different there. A lot of shit we look at as garbage is potential recycling. To be honest, I don't want to use toilet paper from recycled paper from China!!! Shit!!!- list the origin- I'll pay more. I am merely saying that their tolerance for what is acceptable is different from the rest of the world. They are interested in profit. OK- maybe used condoms for hair isn't true. Maybe cardboard in pork buns isn't true. Can we all agree on plastic in baby formula, milk and pet food? How about harvesting organs from living and dead people? Anti-freeze in cough syrup? Is it such a reach that they wouldn't recycle contaminated paper??? Used tissues, food wrappings, paper gowns, used hand wipes? I don't want their "recycled paper".
    Last edited by sharky; April 26th, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

We ship paper to them for recycling. It's our newspapers that end up in the recycled paper we buy. It just gets shipped across the ocean a couple of times first.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Just because this thread is short a couple of freaks.

Wouldn't they have interesting babies?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Damn it, grey! Thanks a lot! I'm going to have nightmares!
    Rock the fuck on!

You're welcome!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

I can't make sense of this thread as why would you serve dangerous worms to a customer? Why would a vegetarian not know that it's hard finding veggie suitable food over there? The Brits governed HK until the handover.
    And finally- used condoms as hair bands?!

sharky, you need to do your research (becky) and get a clue. actually read up on facts instead of spouting hearsay as if it were fact.
    yes, china has its problems but you're making gross generalisations about a vastly diverse country with more than 1.3 billion people.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    And finally- used condoms as hair bands?!
    They weren't used! Factory rejects. Not all recycling is of post-consumer materials.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Twitchy,

I like your level head and optimism!

In all sincerity, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

In all sincerity, I hope you are right and I am wrong.
    i'm willing to bet on it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

To avoid the inevitable "why?" questions. They get 2 weeks to cool off, learn how to get along with other people, learn to use the ignore function properly if they can't get along with others, and hopefully learn how to make points without bolding and underlining everything. It's only a temp ban.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information