Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch yer ass: China's dirty war on America's toilet paper

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    From what I read on google, they are used condoms.
    Snopes says no. snopes.com: Condom Hair Bands
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Hi Twitchy, with all due respect I really don't believe Snopes is always right.

Novice, if you think eating parasitic worms as a main dish is fine, then good for you.

Am I supposed to go over every country that has problems? Every country that's used antifreeze? Every culture that eats bugs? This is a gossip forum, not a college lecture. I happen to think there is a difference between eating bugs and eating parasites harvested from the host animal. This discussion was about China in particular, so no I'm not bigoted- I'm calling it as I see it. My husband grew up there and later visited Red China's poorest provinces. I've visited there. Have you been there? Yes, HK was technically under English rule but they lived a Chinese lifestyle in a Chinese land. I am making a comment on how poor the average person was, that they would resort to doing things to save money and resources. It's already been proven this has been done by China on many fronts. Adults, babies and dogs have died due to shoddy practices.

Perhaps you are not a bigot, but you seem to always be pissed off and ready to shred people to bits- Why is that?
    I have seen the adjective "mean" posted in responses to you more than once.
    If that happened to me, I'd think about it....
    Last edited by sharky; April 26th, 2010 at 06:10 AM.

Urban legends also says no.

Hair Bands Made from Used Condoms in China - Urban Legends

"defective, unused condoms are collected from manufacturers in bulk and repurposed to make hair bands on the cheap. And that, in fact, is what a reporter for the Guangzhou New Express found to be the case in a follow-up investigation after the original November 11, 2007 report was released. An unnamed Chinese condom manufacterer confirmed that the reprocessing of failed condoms into hair bands has long been standard practice in the industry.

Regrettably, though the original report raising alarms about used condoms in hair bands was picked up by China Daily, Agence France-Presse, and other news organizations around the world, the follow-up story was not.

That's one way urban legends are born."

Do you have a reputable source for the "parasitic worms" claim? I'd be interested to see that.
    Perhaps you are not a bigot, but you seem to always be pissed off and ready to shred people to bits- Why is that?
    well well well
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Twitchy, I will look into that. However, I don't trust the communist news. Anyone who goes against the government or reports unpopular news is arrested. But you could be right. Personally, it would bug me to have new recycled condoms or used condoms in my hair.

I am talking about people being poor and cutting corners for a profit with government backing. Plastic in baby formula, anti-freeze in cough syrup, harvesting organs from living and dead donars are examples of how far they will go. In San Francisco, they are rebuilding part of the Bay Bridge, it is presently under construction with steel purchased from China. This new steel is already cracking and failing.

The story of the parasitic worms is first-hand experience. I even went online to see if it was truly a Chinese dish and couldn't find anything about it. But I believe my husband and his kung fu teacher. His teacher is originally from that area.

This was directed at Novice not you:

I just don't understand the motivation of intentional meaness, rudeness, insults.
    Last edited by sharky; April 26th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

To be honest China should be commended for recycling, right?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^ You're right!!

As long as the finished product doesn't kill me, so what?

Hi Twitchy, with all due respect I really don't believe Snopes is always right.

Novice, if you think eating parasitic worms as a main dish is fine, then good for you.

Am I supposed to go over every country that has problems? Every country that's used antifreeze? Every culture that eats bugs? This is a gossip forum, not a college lecture. I happen to think there is a difference between eating bugs and eating parasites harvested from the host animal. This discussion was about China in particular, so no I'm not bigoted- I'm calling it as I see it. My husband grew up there and later visited Red China's poorest provinces. I've visited there. Have you been there? Yes, HK was technically under English rule but they lived a Chinese lifestyle in a Chinese land. I am making a comment on how poor the average person was, that they would resort to doing things to save money and resources. It's already been proven this has been done by China on many fronts. Adults, babies and dogs have died due to shoddy practices.

Really? you're SO right, I should report them for failure to maintain overall good fellowship/camaraderie,
    BTW - since Twitchy has posted multiple times about you being wrong are you going to think about it?
    And bigot is not a word that could be applied to me -> check it out
    "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own " ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Urban legends also says no.

Hair Bands Made from Used Condoms in China - Urban Legends

"defective, unused condoms are collected from manufacturers in bulk and repurposed to make hair bands on the cheap. And that, in fact, is what a reporter for the Guangzhou New Express found to be the case in a follow-up investigation after the original November 11, 2007 report was released. An unnamed Chinese condom manufacterer confirmed that the reprocessing of failed condoms into hair bands has long been standard practice in the industry.

Regrettably, though the original report raising alarms about used condoms in hair bands was picked up by China Daily, Agence France-Presse, and other news organizations around the world, the follow-up story was not.

That's one way urban legends are born."

Do you have a reputable source for the "parasitic worms" claim? I'd be interested to see that.

well well well
    I admire your tenacity in the face of such ignorance.

Twitchy, I will look into that. However, I don't trust the communist news. Anyone who goes against the government or reports unpopular news is arrested. But you could be right. Personally, it would bug me to have new recycled condoms or used condoms in my hair.

I am talking about people being poor and cutting corners for a profit with government backing. Plastic in baby formula, anti-freeze in cough syrup, harvesting organs from living and dead donars are examples of how far they will go. In San Francisco, they are rebuilding part of the Bay Bridge, it is presently under construction with steel purchased from China. This new steel is already cracking and failing.

The story of the parasitic worms is first-hand experience. I even went online to see if it was truly a Chinese dish and couldn't find anything about it. But I believe my husband and his kung fu teacher. His teacher is originally from that area.

This was directed at Novice not you:

I just don't understand the motivation of intentional meaness, rudeness, insults.
    ??? Obviously not that mean, rude or insulting since I've not had an infration for them.... funny that.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Anytime a bad story leaks from China, the communist government spins it to be acceptable to the rest of the world. Any citizen or journalist that goes against showing China as pc is arrested and probably recycled. Whatever happened to "Tank Man"? I saw him get arrested, now he's disappeared.
    Liar liar pants on fire. You did not see Tank Man get arrested.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Liar liar pants on fire. You did not see Tank Man get arrested.
    Yes I did. He was arrested by several men in plain clothes - they are not his friends.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQ-xGKMmks[/youtube]
    Last edited by sharky; April 26th, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Why the hell did a thread as insignificant as this turn serious?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Really? you're SO right, I should report them for failure to maintain overall good fellowship/camaraderie,
    BTW - since Twitchy has posted multiple times about you being wrong are you going to think about it?
    And bigot is not a word that could be applied to me -> check it out
    "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own " ring any bells?

I admire your tenacity in the face of such ignorance.

??? Obviously not that mean, rude or insulting since I've not had an infration for them.... funny that.
    Rest easy Novice. You are grandfathered into the clause that anybody with 5 figure posts has immunity from being banned. You are in good company.... Enjoy that and bask in it. What do you eat for breakfast? Tabasco sauce and rocks? Why are you always so pissed off? Honestly, I'm curious.

Actually people who post with maliciousness, anger, insults and own the 5 figure crown for posting, I take notice and they are indoctrinated into my ignore list. So from now on, whatever snark you post against me will not be read or responded to.

OT: I thought about putting you on my ignore list a long time ago, because I don't like the way you post or what you have to say. Now I'm convinced it is the right thing to do.

Bye-bye!!!
    Last edited by sharky; April 26th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Why the hell did a thread as insignificant as this turn serious?
    I don't know.... Novice has been following me since the Camilla broke her leg postings. Is she from the UK? Does she adore Camilla? Also I argued with Mel about illegal immigrants (damn if they weren't here I would have enough dough remodel my fucking kitchen or buy another pair of Jimmy Choo shoes). I have heard that they are BFFs. Just speculation....

It's funny because in my personal life and profession I am talking from personal experience about immigrants and China.

Rest easy Novice. You are grandfathered into the clause that anybody with 5 figure posts has immunity from being banned. Enjoy that and bask in it. What do you eat for breakfast? Tabasco sauce and rocks? Why are you always so pissed off? Honestly, I'm curious.

Actually people who post with maliciousness, anger, insults and own the 5 figure crown for posting, I take notice and they are indoctrinated into my ignore list. So from no on, whatever snark you post against me will not be read or responded to.

OT: I thought about putting you on my ignore list a long time ago, because I don't like the way you post or what you have to say. Now I'm convinced it is the right thing to do.

Bye-bye!!!
    following you since the Camilla thread? Have I? Damn and I didn't ever know it! I'm obviously loosing my touch or that boxed wine is giving you paranoia! My vote is on the latter.

yeah passive aggressiveness at it's finest! Has anyone else noticed that some posters announce dramatically that dun-dun-der " you're going on their ignore list" like I actually care? Hahahaha is that a whiff of rotting fish from the sea? Or just a badly made (bviously from inferior materials in a industrialised country) reproduction.

Oh yeah, funny how you're snarking at me for being nasty, when you're trying to insult me in the process. Oop! I forgot - you can't see this. Maybe someone might quote me so you can see it.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Yes I did. He was arrested by several men in plain clothes.
    He was pulled into the crowd by some people but internal documents showed that the authorities were looking for him but could not find him or verify his identity. Nobody knows who those men were. They could well have been his buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    He was pulled into the crowd by some people but internal documents showed that the authorities were looking for him but could not find him or verify his identity. Nobody knows who those men were. They could well have been his buddies.
    I truly hope so. The realist in me thinks he's dead or recycled. He was a good looking vibrant young man. He's probably recycled. Hopefully they recycled his brain.
    Last edited by sharky; April 26th, 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information