Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch yer ass: China's dirty war on America's toilet paper

Quote Originally Posted by Doctora Pepper View Post
    Where do they get all those used condoms?

Dumpster diving on the ho stroll?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You might get enough to make one package of hair elastics, but not enough to make a commercial venture of it.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You might get enough to make one package of hair elastics, but not enough to make a commercial venture of it.

Apparently you don't visit the hood very often.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Apparently you comb through dumpsters with a lot more efficiency than I do!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Ah yes, the great recycling plan of shipping reusables across the ocean and putting thousands of gallons of gasoline in giant container ships to do it.
    Actually, you can recyle all sorts of things and many countries do it as a matter of course. In the Scandinavian countries there is about 80% recyling. There are bins set up around the country, all over the cities and everyone does their bit. It's not hard. It just means people have to separate out their trash which really isn't hard at all. I do it all the time. Several times a week, on my way out, I drop stuff off to the recycling bin. No big deal and no skin off my back.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

But do they process it themselves after collection or ship it to China?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

They process it locally. And Denmark, which has an extremely high rate of recycling, takes the stuff that isn't able to be recycled and turns it into heat and water heating power. Germany is on this scheme as well. It can be done. It just takes people, citizens, wanting to do their thing. Here in Sweden EVERYONE recycles. And I mean everyone. At the end of my block there is a recycling area, and then there's another one another block away and another block away and so on. Saturdays and Sundays, after the big booze-ups,you can hear the sound of glass crashing into the bins. And never mind that, everyone recycles milk cartons, juice cartons, paper, plastic bags, everything. It's great, actually. The system is run by the state and massive fines if they're caught not disposing properly.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LucreziaBorgia View Post
    One of the many problems that could be eliminated by legalizing industrial hemp...
    I agree, they could make paper out of it. Stupid Government.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

2 true stories from the love of my life, my partner who lived in Hong Kong for 14 years.

When they would eat out as a family in HK, when finished they would smash their food and cover it with condiments so it couldn't be: YMCA. Yesterday's Meals Cooked Again. When I was little, I remember my parents telling me to finish my food because: "People are starving in China!" My husband saw them starving right outside his door. He saw people drown Chow puppies and invite his family for dinner. When his family watched tv, they used an iron gate due to the heat. He told me that people were gathered around his front door watching tv with his family (5 families in one room per family like his was a good life). Life is different there. Life is hard. It's truly life or death. I remember going there for a vacation HK- I felt bad because I had brand new vacation clothes and socks. I saw children my age in flimsy canoes holding babies and crying for handouts. It was eye-opening and horrific. In fact life is harsher in rural Red China than Hong Kong.

He went to the Chinese provinces with his Kung Fu teacher. He spoke about toilets without toilet paper (toilet paper is a luxury) where you shit and piss in a trough. Also, his teacher took them out for dinner. One of the kung fu students was a vegetarian (from the US). She didn't know what to order. Then she saw the server pass by with a steaming bowl of noodles with gravy. She told the server she wanted that. She received it. It was delicious! After she was done she had the instructor ask exactly what was that dish? Of course she wanted to order it again. It was parasitic WORMS from a fish that was gutted and served on it's own. She cried, but the dish was eaten and they had to pay for it. Unbelievable but true.
    Last edited by sharky; April 23rd, 2010 at 11:10 PM.

China is nastay
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    China is nastay
    It's not personal. It's busine$$.

I would figure that the diseases and other problems would be taken out of the equation when the condoms are recycled. How do they recycle these things anyway? And if they arent USED condoms but instead ones that were no good, why are they so dangerous? Am I missing something here?

From what I read on google, they are used condoms.

China isn't going to get rid of defective condoms. They will sell them as new.

Anytime a bad story leaks from China, the communist government spins it to be acceptable to the rest of the world. Any citizen or journalist that goes against showing China as pc is arrested and probably recycled. Whatever happened to "Tank Man"? I saw him get arrested, now he's disappeared.

It may not be feasible or cost effective to recycle toilet paper. I don't know. But if it is, and they can get away with it, I wouldn't be shocked if they did. They may use other contaminated paper, like used tissues, napkins, patient gowns.

When I shop for Asian food the products made in China are substantially cheaper than from other countries. But I buy the more expensive food just to avoid food from China.

OT: My husband said people in the big cities of China like Hong Kong, Beijing overall were harsher than people in the country. Most of the people in the country were friendly, curious and open. I think China's problem lies with their government.

I boycott Chinese products, it's basically one giant slave state using its own people as fodder. Usually rural or poor farmers who are displaced and have little choice but to work for those destroying their own communities. Hearing stories about the "nice" factories will make you cry.

Or by starting our own recycling industry instead of shipping everything across the Pacific several times.
    & Atlantic or do we just get the hazardous waste?

It's not recycled from toilet paper.

And the hair elastics were made from new condoms that were factory defects not used condoms.
    Stop bringing sense into this ! Ignorance & bigitory is all that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    ^^
    Many of their decisions are made on the basis of profit analysis instead of sound practice. They put plastic in baby formula and dog food to raise the protein content, anti-freeze in cough syrup, cardboard in pork buns, etc.
    What about the anti-freeze in Austrian wine? There have been plenty of other countries doing this, you're just choosing not to mention them.

Organ Harvesting Still Happening in China Today, Says Report Author
    so you're choosing to ignore all the organ harvesting that goes on in Europe & the rest of the far east? OK, then...

2 true stories from the love of my life, my partner who lived in Hong Kong for 14 years.
    And you KNOW that Hon Kong was British up to 1997 don't you? So it was probably BRITISH Hong Knog that he was in? So why are you talking about the poverty due to CHINA?????

He went to the Chinese provinces with his Kung Fu teacher. He spoke about toilets without toilet paper (toilet paper is a luxury) where you shit and piss in a trough. Also, his teacher took them out for dinner. One of the kung fu students was a vegetarian (from the US). She didn't know what to order. Then she saw the server pass by with a steaming bowl of noodles with gravy. She told the server she wanted that. She received it. It was delicious! After she was done she had the instructor ask exactly what was that dish? Of course she wanted to order it again. It was parasitic WORMS from a fish that was gutted and served on it's own. She cried, but the dish was eaten and they had to pay for it. Unbelievable but true.
    just becuase the worms were parisitical to the fish, it doesn't mean that they were to humans.
    Also what about the other culture that eat insects? Australian wictchery grubs? Chocolate covered locusts? African delicasies? You sound extremely bigoted to me.

Becky needs to do her research...
    Identity and fate

Little is publicly known of the man's identity or that of the commander of the lead tank. Shortly after the incident, the British tabloid the Sunday Express named him as Wang Weilin (王维林), a 19-year-old student[5] who was later charged with "political hooliganism" and "attempting to subvert members of the People's Liberation Army."[6] However, this claim has been rejected by internal Communist Party of China documents, which reported that they could not find the man, according to the Hong Kong-based Information Centre for Human Rights.[7] One party member was quoted as saying, "We can’t find him. We got his name from journalists. We have checked through computers but can’t find him among the dead or among those in prison."[7] Numerous theories have sprung up as to the man's identity and current whereabouts.[8]
    There are several conflicting stories about what happened to him after the demonstration. In a speech to the President's Club in 1999, Bruce Herschensohn—former deputy special assistant to President Richard Nixon—reported that he was executed 14 days later; other sources say he was executed by firing squad a few months after the Tiananmen Square protests.[2] In Red China Blues: My Long March from Mao to Now, Jan Wong writes that the man is still alive and is hiding in mainland China.
    The government of the People's Republic of China has made few statements about the incident or the people involved. In a 1990 interview with Barbara Walters, then-CCP General Secretary Jiang Zemin was asked what became of the man. Jiang first stated (through an interpreter), "I can't confirm whether this young man you mentioned was arrested or not," and then replied in English, "I think never killed" [sic].[9] A June 2006 article in the Hong Kong Apple Daily stated that there are rumours that the man is now living in Taiwan.[8]
    China: 'Tank Man', the Tiananmen Hero...Alive in Taiwan(All Hail to Tank Man!)
    Yonhap News (via daum.net) ^ | 06/04/06 | Chung Joon-ho
    Posted on Sun Jun 4 07:38:00 2006 by TigerLikesRooster
    /begin my translation
    'Tank Man,' the Tiananmen Hero...Alive in Taiwan

(Hong Kong= Yonhap News) Chung Joon-ho reporting = The whereabout of the man who blocked tank (column) during Tiananmen Democracy Protest in 1989 and had become the symbol of the democracy movement has been finally uncovered. His name is Wang Weilin .

Ming-bao of Hong Kong reported on June 4th that Wang escaped to Taiwan fleeing from Chinese authorities' dragnet at the time, and is currently an adviser (on ceramic artifacts and antiques to) Taiwan's National Palace Museum in southern Taiwan.

On June 5, 1989, Wang stood in front of (a column of) 4 tanks entering Tiananmen Square, blocking its advance, whose photo turned himself into a symbol of the uprising, but had disappeared since then, his whereabout remaining a mystery.

The world media which published the photo all lauded his courage, calling him the great hero of 20th century.

There has been a rumor that Jiang Zemin who inherited power after the Tiananmen Uprising gave confidential order to track down Wang Weilin and executed him in secret, but it turned out to be false in the end.

According a professor who claimed to be his friend, he was the captain of the Mawangduei Archaeology Team of Changsha, Hunan(my note: Mawangduei is the site of well-known ancient tombs) in early June 1989 when the pro-democracy demonstrations broke out in the Chinese capital. He traveled with a union group to Beijing to take part.

Wang Weilin became the member of Beijing Worker's Self-governing Association. On June 5th, he blocked a column of advancing tanks. Afterwards, he escaped Beijing with the help of his colleagues, and hid at some other locations for three years and seven months.

Wang Weilin is (not a real name but) an alias he used while working at the archeology team.

After arriving in Taiwan via Hong Kong, he got married there. While he is not in good health, he nevertheless insisted he wanted to convey to Chinese people the ideal of democracy and freedom by revealing his whereabout.

Wang Dan, one of the ring leaders of student movement at the time, proclaimed on the 17th anniversary of Tiananmen Uprising, "The memory of Tiananmen Uprising may be fading, but I am convinced that the day will come when the meaning of Tiananmen Democracy Uprising would come alive again."

Wang Dan was jailed for 10 years after the uprising, and later took political asylum in U.S. in '98. He is now pursuing Ph.D. degree in History at Harvard University. He is still active in promoting democracy and human right in China, including going on hunger strike at the anniversary every year.

Wang Jun-tao, who also led the democracy protest and a member of Communist Youth League along with Wang Dan, was arrested in '91 for conspiracy to overthrow government, and sentenced to 13 years in prison, and jailed. He went to U.S. in '94. He got his Ph. D. degree at Columbia University recently, according to Asia Weekly.

/end my translation

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information