Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Utah mom missing since December 6

Blog Entries

I can't wait until they nail the scumbag to the wall and I hope his creepy ass father is also nailed.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I can't wait until they nail the scumbag to the wall and I hope his creepy ass father is also nailed.
    What's the deal on his father?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    The dogs confirmed that the remains are human, but that the age, gender and identity of the remains aren't known.
    So, a cadaver dog can distinguish between human and animal remains? A standard police dog is worth something like $10-12,000. I wonder what a cadaver dog is worth....

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

So, a cadaver dog can distinguish between human and animal remains? A standard police dog is worth something like $10-12,000. I wonder what a cadaver dog is worth....
    Seeing as how they probably have to train at Cadaver Farms, I bet they are worth way more than police dogs (who come trained from Germany, Austria or the Czech Republic.)
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

His father was insinuating that Susan ran off with someone because she was always coming on to people...including him. He said he was tempted by her because she came on to him so hard. What a winner!

So sad. I hope her family has closure soon and her husband is nailed to the wall. Her poor babies.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Dig up some articles and interviews from a couple weeks ago when they started searching in Nevada and then the house in Washington, the shit he and her husband said, ugh they're just creepy bastards.

Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Dig up some articles and interviews from a couple weeks ago when they started searching in Nevada and then the house in Washington, the shit he and her husband said, ugh they're just creepy bastards.

Posted from my iPhone
    Google is my friend? Sounds like they were stressed out by the recent new attention in the case. Something to celebrate.

I'm so damn curious of what the new information was that spurred this new search and discovery? Someone sell the murderous mongrel out? Great news if the boys are taken away from him; better news if they're given to their maternal grandparents. Okie-dokie; firstly, the dickhead daddy-in-law's demented drabbles:

Susan Powell Mystery: War of Words Escalates - abcnew.go.com

The war of words among the family of missing Utah mother Susan Powell is escalating as the investigation into her disappearance moves into Washington state with police executing a search warrant on the house now occupied by her husband and father-in-law.

Powell's sister-in-law Jennifer Graves called claims of a flirtatious and sexually charged relationship made by her father Steven Powell between him and Susan "slander," and called for a return of focus on the search for the missing mom.

"My dad is saying all kinds of things about Susan that aren't true -- Susan wasn't like this. Steven Powell is," Graves said. "At this point we need to focus on the investigation. All the slander is not helping to find Susan -- we need to go back to an investigation mode instead of a mudslinging mode.

"[Susan's husband] Josh and my dad have done nothing to help, they've done a lot of talking but it's nothing to help find Susan. They're not talking to police. It doesn't portray a man who wants to find his wife," she added.

Meanwhile, 20 detectives are searching the home in Puyallup, Wash. where Powell's 35-year-old husband, Josh Powell, is now living with his father, Steven Powell, along with the couple's two young sons, Charlie and Braden. Josh Powell moved with his boys in to his father's home here after his wife vanished in December 2009.

Half of the investigators executing the search are with the Pierce County, Wash., sheriff and the others are with the West Valley City Police Department in Utah.

At least three computers and four boxes of material were removed from the home by detectives, according to ABC News Seattle affiliate KOMO.

"We came here to look for a few things, and we found a lot of the things we were looking for," said Lt. Bill Merritt.

Josh Powell was at home when investigators arrived and is not being detained. Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer. Crime scene tape surrounded the house while it was searched; Charlie and Braden Powell ate pizza as they played in the house's back yard.

It is also believed that investigators are searching for journals from Susan Powell's teenage years.

Steven Powell said that he plans to post his daughter-in-law's teenage journals on the website SusanPowell.org; according to the Salt Lake Tribune, he says that the journals show that his daughter-in-law is capable of walking out on her husband and their two sons. He has publicly theorized that she disappeared with a man from St. George, Utah, who disappeared from a Christmas party abruptly the same night she vanished.WTF?

The search of their home began the same day that both father and son appeared on "Good Morning America" to discuss their relationship with Susan Powell. In the interview Steven Powell made new claims that he had a flirtatious relationship with his daughter-in-law that was "a little beyond the pale."

"Father-in-law - daughter-in-law flirting with each other, maybe some sexual touching or whatever," Steven Powell said of the relationship that he developed with his son's wife, adding that he started to fall in love with her, and stated "there's no question in my mind that the feelings were mutual."

Jennifer Graves' sentiment was similar to that of Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father. When interviewed on "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Cox refuted Steven Powell's claims that his daughter and her husband's father were in love and that she was flirtatious towards her father-in-law.

"That's completely false and I am very very surprised that he would come out with this type of accusation," Cox said. "I have been aware of my daughter's problems with Steven Powell -- she had told us a long time ago that he had made some advances toward her … told us that it made her uncomfortable, and that her husband didn't care. They decided to move to Utah and that was to get away from Steven."

Josh Powell also described his wife as flirtatious and mentally unstable when interviewed on "Good Morning America." He recounted an instance of her leaving the house in only her underwear, and described what he called a troubled childhood.

"Susan was very -- emotionally abused as a child. Her mother has some very … she has a very angry personality. Her father is very manipulative," he said.

When told of his father's revelation that he had a flirtatious and sexually charged relationship with his daughter-in-law -- and that it was typically initiated by her -- Josh Powell denied it, but also said that any flirtation has to do with his wife's nature.

"There was nothing like that. She's a very flirtatious person. But that's just her personality. You know, it's -- it's part of her friendliness," he said.

While he has not been arrested or charged in her disappearance, police said he continues to be considered a person of interest. He maintains his innocence.

"Everyone who knows me knows that I would never hurt her and I would never hurt my boys," Powell said. "I would never hurt anyone."

================================================== ====

I like the sister-in-law for calling out her brother and father for doing nothing to help find Susan. Regarding those journals, why weren't they handed over to the police two years ago if the husband believed they were relevant? Oh, right - now the cops know where to look for the body, the husband and father-in-law want to emphasize the idea that there was another man involved.

Bad news. The cadaver dogs signalled a hit for decomp, but no remains have turned up at the site yet:

No Remains Found in Search for Utah Mom Susan Powell

(NewsCore) - More than a day after police said they had found human remains during their search for the body of missing Utah mother Susan Powell, authorities said late Thursday that was not entirely accurate.

In fact, they had only traced the scent of remains, using cadaver dogs.

In a bizarre twist to the long-running search for Powell, late Thursday West Valley City Police Department Lt. Bill Merritt said no bones had been found when investigators stopped digging at 6:00pm local time -- despite police saying Wednesday they had found remains, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

"The dogs are still smelling something, but we have not come across bones," Merritt said. "We have not come across clothing."

Merritt told The Tribune the excavation of the site will resume at 9:00am Friday and continue as long as cadaver dogs continue to indicate that human remains are present.

News that investigators had not yet found human remains came hours after Joelle McCarthy, a US Bureau of Land Management anthropologist, examined the soil and looked for signs of Indian artifacts to decide whether the site was a Native American grave, The Tribune reported.

Police said McCarthy's examination had found the scene was not a historic burial site...

...The claimed discovery of remains Wednesday came on the third day of searches in Topaz Mountain, a popular area for gem and rock hunters.

Rock hunting was reportedly a hobby of Josh Powell. Topaz Mountain is approximately 30 miles (50 kilometers) southwest of Simpson Springs, the area where he said the camping trip took place

They knew he was a gem hunter, and didn't search the gem and rock grounds? Seriously?
    Apologies for length.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; September 16th, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Elite Member

Kudos to the husband's sister for not going along with that shit. Hope they find her remains and nail husband's ass to the wall. Hope FIL is shunned by society.

Powell's sister-in-law Jennifer Graves called claims of a flirtatious and sexually charged relationship made by her father Steven Powell between him and Susan "slander," and called for a return of focus on the search for the missing mom.

"My dad is saying all kinds of things about Susan that aren't true -- Susan wasn't like this. Steven Powell is," Graves said. "At this point we need to focus on the investigation. All the slander is not helping to find Susan -- we need to go back to an investigation mode instead of a mudslinging mode.

"[Susan's husband] Josh and my dad have done nothing to help, they've done a lot of talking but it's nothing to help find Susan. They're not talking to police. It doesn't portray a man who wants to find his wife," she added.
    Wow, I love this woman. She's got guts. Thanks to everyone for explaining about the creepy FIL.

I also want to say that it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree in terms father and son in terms of duplicity and rationalization.

I don't know. I'm not 100% sold on the husband doing it. He's acting more like a husband scorned than a man covering up something.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I always take my super young children camping in the middle of the night when it's fucking freezing out.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I don't know. I'm not 100% sold on the husband doing it. He's acting more like a husband scorned than a man covering up something.
    If she left for another guy, it seems like there would be forensic evidence of the relationship. She left her cell phone and purse behind. That's the kind of stuff someone would tend to bring with them unless they were abducted or killed suddenly. Did cops find any evidence on the phone, or in the phone records that she was contacting anybody else? If they didn't, then I would be curious to know how she would be running off with someone that there wasn't a phone, text message, or email trail for.

Utah camping trips in December can't be much fun, when you leave your own house near midnight and stay gone for a short period of time. The only way the husband DIDN'T do it is if the FIL killed her in front of the son and the son took the kids "camping" to give the FIL time to dispose of the body and so his kids wouldn't see.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Utah camping trips in December can't be much fun, when you leave your own house near midnight and stay gone for a short period of time. The only way the husband DIDN'T do it is if the FIL killed her in front of the son and the son took the kids "camping" to give the FIL time to dispose of the body and so his kids wouldn't see.
    That's actually a good theory.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm going with. FIL killed her.

But I could be wrong about the husband. I don't know. This one doesn't seem as cut and dry as some of the other 'wife disappearing' cases, though
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information