Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Utah mom missing since December 6

If it was blood, I thought there might be some sort of statement or arrest too. I know they love to keep aces up their sleeves, but I wonder if they're trying to be elusive with info to try to rattle the husband?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Josh Powell is speaking through his close friend, Wayne Hamberg. Hamberg says the wet spot is probably from the family dog. (Yeah, right). Some people are speculating that Wayne and Josh were/are in a relationship, although there is no substance to that speculation.

Josh Powell also rented a carpet cleaner and a car just after his wife's death. Josh drove hundreds of miles in this rental car.

Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox

Also, Susan had emailed her friends about how terrible her marriage was.

Deseret News | E-mails from Susan Powell told of marriage struggles

It appears that Susan had been threatened by her husband and was taking pre-emptive measures to let family and friends know that she would never commit suicide and would never go anywhere without her two young children.

Here is a recent video update of the case. Susan's father talks about the sealed search warrants and why the police have made this step:
    [youtube]pB87ZVltgqE[/youtube]

Seeing that picture of her parents is heart breaking. My god if the man did it just come forward with it. The hundreds of miles on the rented car is a big red flag to me.

One thing they might want to do is a Jane Doe investigation in morgues in nearby cities, counties or states.

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    A few things are curious to me.

One is that the day care center and her job notified the police that she was missing. That's a bit unusal to me. If I didn't show up for work or drop my kids at a day care no one would call the police.
    That's incorrect. Her family called the police after checking with her employer and day care center. In fact, her parents initially reported the entire family as missing (Susan, husband and children).

West Valley City police looking for missing woman

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 12/08/2009 07:14:21 PM MST

Susan Powell, 28, of West Valley City, was last seen at her home Sunday.

Police are looking for a missing West Valley City woman who was last seen Sunday at her home.
    Capt. Tom McLachlan said Susan and Joshua Powell and their kids were reported missing by family members Monday. Susan Powell's parents called police after not being able to find the family at home. They also checked with their employers and neither Susan nor Joshua Powell went to work Monday.

Joshua Powell and his 4- and 1-year-old children returned to their home Tuesday, McLachlan said.

West Valley City police looking for missing woman - Salt Lake Tribune
    Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    Seeing that picture of her parents is heart breaking. My god if the man did it just come forward with it. The hundreds of miles on the rented car is a big red flag to me.

One thing they might want to do is a Jane Doe investigation in morgues in nearby cities, counties or states.
    Agree - the hundreds of miles is a huge red flag to me as well. Also, it appears that Josh went back to the campsite a few days later and had a very bad case of windburn. Another huge red flag.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If it was blood, I thought there might be some sort of statement or arrest too. I know they love to keep aces up their sleeves, but I wonder if they're trying to be elusive with info to try to rattle the husband?

That's what I'm thinking as well.

i'm wondering if he moved the body during those 24 hours he went "missing"

It looks like the police have forensic evidence in this case, but are not saying what it is. Here is an update:
    Susan Powell's father asks for people's prayers

By Sheena McFarland
    The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 01/15/2010 10:20:40 PM MST

The father of Susan Powell, a missing West Valley City woman, told followers of a Facebook page that police recently have received results on some forensic evidence in the case.

Chuck Cox posted on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page that some, but not all, forensic evidence is in, but added that police won't comment on any specifics as "it could impact the ongoing investigation."

Several calls to the West Valley City Police Department went unreturned Friday night.

On the Facebook page, Cox wrote that although the missing 28-year-old woman's husband, Josh Powell, has moved to Washington with his two young sons, the West Valley City Police Department is still hard at work.
    "If anything, it provides more determination and more law enforcement officers, because we have law enforcement in Washington State also," Cox wrote.

However, there's "still no cooperation or help from Josh [Powell]" he wrote. Cox asked people to continue to pray for his daughter.
    "We are still confident that Susan will be found, and very hopeful that she will be found alive," he wrote. "Make sure that people know she is still missing and make sure no one gives up hope."
    smcfarland@sltrib.com

Josh should just give it up and start talking/cooperating. He doesn't have a shot in hell of making it out of this unscathed. IMO, he's obviously guilty. If I'm him and I'm not guilty, I'm out there looking for my wife, I'm cooperating, I'm doing things with my kids and with my wife's parents. If I AM guilty - well, I'm taking the actions he's currently taking. When are people going to realize that the first suspect in these kinds of situations is ALWAYS ALWAYS the spouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Josh should just give it up and start talking/cooperating. He doesn't have a shot in hell of making it out of this unscathed. IMO, he's obviously guilty. If I'm him and I'm not guilty, I'm out there looking for my wife, I'm cooperating, I'm doing things with my kids and with my wife's parents. If I AM guilty - well, I'm taking the actions he's currently taking. When are people going to realize that the first suspect in these kinds of situations is ALWAYS ALWAYS the spouse?
    You nailed it.

How did they let him move to another state? That's just crazy. I know they can't get the kids away from him until he's charged, but if he's a person of interest, they certainly could have precluded his move.

Oh, not that it makes much difference in his guilt, but western states are ENORMOUS. You can easily put hundreds of miles on a car just running errands. I took my daughter and 2 of her friends 300 miles round trip for homecoming shopping. I have friends who travel that on a weekly/monthly basis for shopping.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

Susan Powell Disappearance: Possible Break in 2009 Case

For the first time in a case that has baffled police for nearly two years, a credible lead may have emerged in the Susan Powell disappearance.

"A team of West Valley Police Department detectives will arrive in Ely, Nev., and its surrounding area, to conduct a search and investigate the information received," says a statement released Thursday by police and reported by Utah's KSL Newsradio.

At the time the Utah woman vanished, her husband, Joshua Powell who initially refused to cooperate with authorities told investigators he last saw her at their house southwest of Salt Lake City on the night of Sunday, Dec. 6, when he took their then-2- and 4-year-old sons for an overnight camping trip.

When they returned the following afternoon, Josh said, his wife was gone.

Friends and family members found the story odd, saying that Susan would not have taken off without her children.

The search for Susan will take place Friday, according to West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell (no relation), adding, "We've received some credible information that definitely needs some follow up. We want the public to be aware of what's going on."

Meanwhile, Josh Powell and the couple's two children reportedly now live in his home state of Washington.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Cadaver Dogs Searching for Susan Powell's Body
    By Mike Fleeman

Tuesday September 13, 2011 02:30 PM EDT

Susan Powell
    Hardman Photography/AP

Nearly two years after Susan Powell disappeared, investigators have launched a large-scale search of the Utah desert for her body.

Detectives, with the help of six cadaver dogs, are scouring an area around the town of Delta, 130 miles southwest of Powell's home in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City.

"We're very hopeful that we'll come up with something but we just don't know at this point whether we will or not," West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt tells Fox 13 News.

Searchers on all-terrain vehicles are working a grid-pattern on the ground, with plans to add the assistance of a spotter plane.

The search is the latest sign that the investigation is at its most active stage since Powell, a married mom with two sons, disappeared in December 2009. She was 28 years old at the time.

Last month, police searched the home of her husband, Joshua Powell, who after speaking with investigators early on has stopped cooperating with police. Investigators also searched abandoned mines in the Nevada desert.

Josh, who says he last saw his wife when he took their then 2- and 4-year-old sons for an overnight camping trip, has suggested she may have run off with another man.
    Susan Powell Case: Cadaver Dogs Searching for Body : People.com

I hope they find her and nail her husband to the wall!!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I hope they find her and nail her husband to the wall!!
    Vouch!

This asshole cannot get off free. It's time for justice.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Her husband and father in law are creepy assholes.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Susan Powell Searchers Find Human Remains
    BY MIKE FLEEMAN

Update Wednesday September 14, 2011 07:40 PM EDT
    Originally posted Wednesday September 14, 2011 07:40 PM EDT

Susan Powell
    Hardman Photography/AP
    FacebookTweetCadaver dogs looking for the body of Susan Powell have discovered human remains, but it's not known whether they belong to the missing Utah mom.

The discovery was made on the third day investigators were combing the Utah desert about 130 miles southwest of Powell's home in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City, the last known place she was seen alive.

The dogs confirmed that the remains are human, but that the age, gender and identity of the remains aren't known.

"We don't have the slightest clue right now whether the remains are Susan's," says West Valley City police Sgt. Mike Powell (no relation).

Powell, a 28-year-old married mom with two sons, disappeared in December 2009. Her husband Josh Powell has said he last saw her at home before he took their young sons on an overnight camping trip.

Josh has been identified as a person of interest in the case and has since stopped talking to authorities. Last month, police searched the home he shares with his father.
    Susan Powell: Human Remains Found During Search for Her Body : People.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information