Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Utah mom missing since December 6

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

nice thing to do to your kids mom jackass!

“The husband’s story obviously is ludicrous, and that’s why they’re looking at that,” she added.
    this story is repeated way too much, makes me ill

WTF ever happened to just getting a divorce? I have to admit I am addicted to snapped and crazy shows like that and it dumbfounds me why they just don't leave. Take your shit and go, or pack their shit and put them out.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

If you divorce, you have to split assets, share time with children, etc. Some people are of the 'all or nothing', 'if I can't have you nobody will' variety.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    If the "wet spot" was blood there's no way he got it out. It's under the rug, in the pad & on the floor below.

It creepily sounds like Laci v2.0. Hope they find out what happened & the person(s) responsible held accountable. They're never as smart as they think they are. They watch CSI & Criminal Minds & think it's how the real world works. If he did it they'll get him. But it's a damn shame for those kids.

I'm wondering if the police are withholding information. Because I agree with this. If there was blood on that spot then it would definitely show up especially the next day.

A few things are curious to me.

One is that the day care center and her job notified the police that she was missing. That's a bit unusal to me. If I didn't show up for work or drop my kids at a day care no one would call the police.

The other thing is that if they are treating him like a suspect and he knows how it looks, then of course he should lawyer up and his lawyer is going to tell him not to talk to the cops anyway. If they never find her body they will have a hard time convicting him for murder.

The other thing is her friends encouraging her to get a divorce, that seemed weird as well.

If they don't find her body the defense can argue that she might have just taken off and left her marriage and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    . If I didn't .......................drop my kids at a day care no one would call the police.
    Because you don't drop your kids off at daycare if that other thread is to be believed.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Because you don't drop your kids off at daycare if that other thread is to be believed.
    Ruh roh, Twitch's spidey-bullshit-detecting-senses are tingling.

I feel so bad for the kids in this situation, how awful. I hope their rellies are taking good care of them :/
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Zing!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

dropping off kids and babies are worlds different. Babies have no defense mechanisms at all.

Pre-k is a totally different ball game. It's school not babysitting.

If you divorce, you have to split assets, share time with children, etc. Some people are of the 'all or nothing', 'if I can't have you nobody will' variety.

Yep and most likely he'd have to pay child support... and he obviously isnt too good with money.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Yep. Interesting that the search warrants are sealed in this case. Anyone with any ideas why that might be done?

-- Stephen Hawking

Yep. Interesting that the search warrants are sealed in this case. Anyone with any ideas why that might be done?
    They might be trying to protect evidence found or that might be found.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

But I wanna know what it was!

-- Stephen Hawking

Josh Powell is speaking through his close friend, Wayne Hamberg. Hamberg says the wet spot is probably from the family dog. (Yeah, right). Some people are speculating that Wayne and Josh were/are in a relationship, although there is no substance to that speculation.

Josh Powell also rented a carpet cleaner and a car just after his wife's death. Josh drove hundreds of miles in this rental car.

Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News.

Josh rented a car, then went missing for 24 hours: Josh rented a car and briefly disappeared himself, according to Fox 13 News. Detectives said Josh wasn’t seen or heard from for nearly 24 hours. They will not go into detail about the car rental but did say that Josh rented the car when they seized the van to search it. They would not comment when asked how many miles were put on the rental car, which, Fox News reported, could be significant.
    Lansing News, Restaurants, more by Top Local Experts

Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox

Also, Susan had emailed her friends about how terrible her marriage was.

One friend confirmed that in one of the e-mails, Susan Powell said she was afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys, divorce her or worse.
    The friend said Susan Powell had talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.
    "She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.
    "I didn't really know the context in which she was talking. I didn't even know what to say to that."
    The friend said that was the only time Susan Powell brought up that topic.

Other friends had reported earlier that a notebook Susan Powell kept in her desk at work at Wells Fargo was among the items seized by police. The notebook, according to one source, detailed threats allegedly made about a year ago against her.
    Deseret News | E-mails from Susan Powell told of marriage struggles

It appears that Susan had been threatened by her husband and was taking pre-emptive measures to let family and friends know that she would never commit suicide and would never go anywhere without her two young children.

Here is a recent video update of the case. Susan's father talks about the sealed search warrants and why the police have made this step:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB87ZVltgqE[/YOUTUBE]

It's possible that the spot is from the dog. They'll have tested the heck out of it. If it's dog wee or not, they'll know.

-- Stephen Hawking

It's possible that the spot is from the dog. They'll have tested the heck out of it. If it's dog wee or not, they'll know.
    True. But it has been a month since her disappearance. If it was urine, I think there would be some sort of statement indicating that the carpet cleaner and wet spots were not an area of further investigation.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information