Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Two-year-old missing after mother leaves him behind after running out of gas

i don't know about the other "europeans" here, but "europeans" shop just like americans do. and usually you can't watch your car through the window when you shop, we have parking lots and big supermarkets, too, you know.

i can also only agree with the previous posters that it's not common here to leave your kid in the car while you go shopping.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

denied a request by Biryukova to have supervised visits with her daughter. Authorities had argued that she might exert influence over her daughter's recollection of her brother's disappearance. Castilleja agreed that those concerns were valid. Stull said CPS will run background checks on Metalwala's family members to see if placement with a relative is suitable. Stull said that none of Biryukova's relatives have offered to take Maile.
    Local News | Police: Mother 'holds key' to missing boy's whereabouts | Seattle Times Newspaper

so weird

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    they were lying, especially if you are thinking of the McCanns.
    After I typed that, I realized that they were probably lying because they had something to do with her disappearance. But I thought I recalled people sticking up for them that is was a somewhat common occurrence.
    (They never were charged though, right? I'm gonna go read about them)
    Then I remember a woman who left her child in a stroller outside a restaurant as she went to go eat. She said it was a common thing to do as well.

I'm not saying at all it is right, just that it may be something she was accustomed to. (but in a car, at night, on the side of the road? Fuck that shit. shes a liar)

It's all a crock of shit.....Her car was not out of gas. She leaves her cell phone and purse at home. Who does that?!?!?! I know she said he was sick and was taking him to the hospital, but Leaving the phone? How convenient.

I'm still holding onto the idea that he's not dead, just hidden.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

'Something of interest' found in search for missing Washington boy left in his mother's unlocked car
    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    Last updated at 11:06 AM on 21st November 2011

Police searching for missing toddler Sky Metalwala have found what they describe as 'something of interest' in the case.
    The items were found on Saturday at Watershed Park in Kirkland, over two weeks after the Washington boy was reported missing after being left alone in his mother's broken down car.
    Investigators would not release further details about what items were found but said they were enough for police to call in a forensics team after an overnight search the heavily wooded area.
    Scroll down for video

Missing: Sky with his mother, Julia Biryukova, who says she left him alone in an unlocked car in Bellvue after running out of gas on November 6
    According to ABC affiliate KOMO-TV, police are not sure if the items are related to the case but have sent them in for analysis.
    The items were found shortly after police released new photos of the toddler and his mother in effort to acquire more leads in the case.
    Carla Iafrate of the Bellevue Police Department told the station: 'They found something of interest. We called out our CSI investigators, they showed up and looked at the items.'

More...
    Mother disappears ... hours after her People's Court dispute with 'violent' ex-boyfriend airs on TV
    'I would have done anything in the world to protect her': How Robert Wagner blamed himself for the death of Natalie Wood after failing to save her
    Officer Iafrate confirmed rakes and shovels were used in the overnight search of Watershed Park. However, she asked speculation not be made based on the equipment, insisting it was 'standard' for any search and rescue.
    'There’s a lot of leaves, it’s pretty wet and damp. There’s a lot of rabbit burrows, so the land is soft back there,' she said.
    Police have had serious questions about Sky's mother, Julia Biryukova's, story that she left him alone in an unlocked car in Bellvue after running out of gas on November 6.

New photos: Pictures of Sky (left) and his mother Julia Biryukova (right) were released on Saturday with the hope of producing more leads

New lead: Police hunting for Sky found what they described as 'something of interest' on Saturday during a search at Watershed Park in Kirkland
    Ms Biryukova's car had plenty of gas and was running fine, police determined.
    She had told them it stalled as she was driving her son to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well, and that she left him inside as she and the boy's four-year-old sister spent an hour walking to a gas station and calling a friend for help. She told police upon returning to the vehicle, driven by a friend, Sky was missing. The friend called police.
    In new photos released on Saturday, Ms Biryukova is seen standing alone in a store wearing the same gray sweat suit she wore on the day she said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle.
    Ms Biryukova and her estranged husband, Solomon Metalwala, were cited in 2009 for leaving Sky sleeping in their sport utility vehicle in a Target parking lot in Redmond for 55 minutes. They came out to get him only after police arrived and asked the store to page the vehicle's owner.

Prior neglect: Sky's mother has acknowledged having a history of leaving her children home alone for extended periods of time

Custody battle: Ms Biryukova's estranged husband Solomon Metalwala holding his son Sky

Innocent: Ms Biryukova and Mr Metalwala were cited in 2009 for leaving Sky sleeping in their SUV in a Target parking lot for 55 minutes
    Mr Metalwala, with whom the mother is in a bitter divorce and custody battle, has said her story is full of holes. He also claimed in divorce documents she had dreamt of strangling the boy.
    Police were also looking into whether Ms Biryukova was a member of an online dating service that connects women with 'sugar daddies'.
    Ms Biryukova has refused to speak with detectives since the day of the disappearance, but she did acknowledge to police she sometimes left her children alone for extended periods.
    Nevertheless, detectives have yet to arrest the 30-year-old Ukrainian immigrant for any crimes they might be able to pin on her, such as making a false police report or recklessly endangering the boy. By giving her some space, they say, they hope to encourage her to cooperate beyond the limited help she's given.

Abandoned: The street corner, shown, where the mother says she left her two-year-old, is a mile from where she says she walked to get gas

Search and rescue: Police vehicles are parked near an apartment building in Redmond, Washington on November 7, where officials were searching for Sky
    Investigators have searched Ms Biryukova's apartment and car with her consent, police said. However, her divorce attorney said she has declined to take a polygraph test because they are unreliable and she is too emotionally devastated.
    Sky's father has passed out fliers and voluntarily took polygraph examinations, as did some of his relatives. He warned in a court declaration early this year that his estranged wife's mental health issues were endangering the children. She alleged that he was domineering and abusive.
    In the week before Sky disappeared, his parents reached a tentative agreement after a 12-hour mediation session that would allow Mr Metalwala to have some visitation with the couple's two children.
    But two days later - and two days before she reported her son missing - Ms Biryukova decided to pull out of the agreement, Mr Metalwala's divorce attorney, D Michael Tomkins, said last week .
    In a letter sent by her attorney, Ms Biryukova insisted that everyone at the mediation session had been against her and the settlement was unfair, Mr Tomkins said.

Cooperating: Investigators are giving voluntary polygraph exams to the boy's father (right), shown at a press conference, along with several of his relatives

Visitation: Sky's parents reached a tentative agreement that would allow the father (pictured) to have some visitation with his two children
    The children didn't attend the marathon session, and it's possible they were left home alone for the entire time - raising the possibility that Sky could have become dehydrated, Mr Tomkins said.
    Papers filed in the divorce say that Ms Biryukova suffered from 'severe' obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    Mr Metalwala wrote in a declaration that she would frequently go on ten-hour cleaning binges during which she wouldn't even feed the children, but a doctor reported that her diagnosis did not interfere with her ability to care for the kids.
    Bellevue police officer Maj Mike Johnson said Ms Biryukova acknowledged having a history of leaving the children home alone for extended periods of time. Police know whether she did so during the lengthy mediation - but they won't release that information.
    Watch video here

Read more: Sky Metalwala missing: 'Something of interest' found in search for Washington boy | Mail Online
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Dutch women leave their kids parked in strollers outside while the shop. They are lined up like a parking lot. It's freaky, but they have hardly no crime there, and that's what they are used it.

I really doubt they will ever find that poor baby.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^That would be wild to see!!! I can't believe they leave them outside the stores unattended?? wtf??

Baby carriages used to be parked outside stores here too. My evil grandmother once forgot my aunt outside a store and just went home with my dad. She didn't notice for hours. He noticed but didn't say anything because his parents brutally enforced their "children should not speak unless spoken to" rule. I even remember them outside stores when I was a little kid in the seventies.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Whoa!! I can't imagine that....

I remember that from the 70's as well. That was BOP. Before Overhyped Paranoia.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

*highfives fellow geriatric*

-- Stephen Hawking

I can remember being left out in the car in the early morning hours while my parents partied inside a bar (more times than I can count). When it first started, I was like four. I could tell you some hair raising things that drunk patrons of the bar would do when they came out drunk off their ass and found a young girl in the car in the parking lot.

When we went shopping (way back in the late 70s), my mom would drop me off in the toy aisle and go on and do her shopping. Right around the same time, Adam Walsh was abducted after his mom did the same thing (although he got kicked out of the store with older boys that were misbehaving). I was a latch key kid in 1st grade too. My parents were idiots. I think that's why I get so obsessed about child abduction cases now. I highly doubt that this case with Sky will turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I can remember being left out in the car in the early morning hours while my parents partied inside a bar (more times than I can count). When it first started, I was like four. I could tell you some hair raising things that drunk patrons of the bar would do when they came out drunk off their ass and found a young girl in the car in the parking lot.

When we went shopping (way back in the late 70s), my mom would drop me off in the toy aisle and go on and do her shopping. Right around the same time, Adam Walsh was abducted after his mom did the same thing (although he got kicked out of the store with older boys that were misbehaving). I was a latch key kid in 1st grade too. My parents were idiots. I think that's why I get so obsessed about child abduction cases now. I highly doubt that this case with Sky will turn out well.
    I used to hang out in that same Sears in the toy aisle where Adam Walsh was abducted, but I was a few years older. Still creepy.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I used to hang out in that same Sears in the toy aisle where Adam Walsh was abducted, but I was a few years older. Still creepy.

My younger brother too. My grandparents lived near that mall at the time (they were on Pierce St in the late 70's) and my brother used to go over there all the time to play Atari on the display they had in the tv dept when Atari was a new thing. (Pre- Adam. By the time that happenned my gp's were further south in Golden Beach.)
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Can you imagine the hell that Mrs. Walsh (I think her name is Neve?) put herself through for that?? It was so common back then, but I would blame myself forever. I hope she got some serious counseling.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    My younger brother too. My grandparents lived near that mall at the time (they were on Pierce St in the late 70's) and my brother used to go over there all the time to play Atari on the display they had in the tv dept when Atari was a new thing. (Pre- Adam. By the time that happenned my gp's were further south in Golden Beach.)
    That's exactly what I used to do too, play the Atari on the display rack!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information