Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Two-year-old missing after mother leaves him behind after running out of gas

Apparently it's common in many European countries for kids to be left in cars while parents run errands. But I don't think that happened here. The authorities completely failed these kids when there were so many indications of her being a whack-job piece of shit. I bet the father is only somewhat less of one.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Leaving her kid in the car??? I don't know who in their right mind would do that!!! TWICE! Then I think, well she isn't from here, maybe that's what they do where she is from...(Remember that little girl who's dumb fuck parents left her in the hotel while they went out to dinner? Then of course she went missing. They say thats normal where they are from. Still makes it fucking stupid.)
    they were lying, especially if you are thinking of the McCanns.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Apparently it's common in many European countries for kids to be left in cars while parents run errands. But I don't think that happened here. The authorities completely failed these kids when there were so many indications of her being a whack-job piece of shit. I bet the father is only somewhat less of one.
    what utter fucking bullshit, or are you just trolling again by needling Europeans this time?
    And FYI, there is a whole load of difference between ex-eastern bloc countries & the rest of (EU) Europe.
    Last edited by Novice; November 10th, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Since following this story, I keep trying to be devils advocate for her. I know how hard it is to be a single mom, and have an ex-husband who has way more power and family and resources to use against you.

So she was stressed, I'm sure depressed and all that shit. I get it.

Leaving her kid in the car??? I don't know who in their right mind would do that!!! TWICE! Then I think, well she isn't from here, maybe that's what they do where she is from...(Remember that little girl who's dumb fuck parents left her in the hotel while they went out to dinner? Then of course she went missing. They say thats normal where they are from. Still makes it fucking stupid.)

The story about her and her daughter are the only ones who saw the little boy for 2 weeks isn't that far fetched.
    I am an introvert. After my divorce I suffered from Agoraphobia. I still do but not any where near after my divorce. I stayed in with my kids. The youngest didn't go outside for a while because he was to little.

Then I keep reading and I just can't stick up for this trick in my head anymore.
    BUT, I am going to guess that she has hidden him, not killed him. Her husband was from Pakistan, correct? I know I am ignorant from other cultures, so please forgive me but don't they "value" males over females?

She probably hid the boy because that is what would hurt this guy the most. He probably wasn't as worried about the daughter.

So after my ramblings, I now think she is lying through her teeth and tarantula eyelashes.

Both of them should DIAF.
    Whether it's accepted where she's from or not, she was charged with leaving him in the car once already, so she knew it wasn't accepted HERE.

Not sure if she's hidden him, hard to say but possible I guess if she's afraid the husband will kidnap the boy and leave the country. It also crossed my mind that it's a revenge thing.

The problem is, you'd think she'd come up with a better story. This one seems pretty easy to disprove. And she seems a bit unstable at best. I hope she didn't harm the boy, but it doesn't look good.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So the mom is a nutter who wants to be European?

FFS - I doubt people in Europe leave their kids unattended in the car anymore than stupid Americans.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

i don't see how that's trolling. it's not like she's acting like baked baiter. manx might have some unpopular opinions and posts but she's been around forever and was a member at a board i used to post at ages ago and she's never been a troll.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There is a 2009 article that says that Europe has no statutory law criminalizing leaving a child of a certain age unattended in a vehicle. That, however, is not to say that people DO it more often than the United States.

Here is part of the article with a color coded map of states in America, with the age limit for leaving a child unattended and the penalty. Unfortunately, the legend is in French, but the text in the article helps you synch it up a little:

1. Europe and Abroad

According to the European Child Safety Alliance survey, in Europe there are no specific legal provisions framing the act of leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle. However, in most States, penal law does make adults liable for negligence, surveillance default or manslaughter.

Since 1998 in the United States, 49 criminal proceedings have been initiated against adults considered as responsible for the death of a child left unattended in a motor vehicle. In fewer than 10% of the cases, alcohol, drugs (7%), or proven ill-treatment was the accident cause. In the court cases, 59% of the women against 47% of the men were sentenced to prison time. Most of the time, manslaughter or lax supervision were the charges. Recent trials ended with acquittals or probation for the adults due to a greater awareness of the ‘forgotten baby syndrome’ and the action of associations of parents having lost their child in these circumstances.

Still, there is no federal law on the risk. However, fourteen states have passed legislation with criminal sentences for anyone who leaves an unsupervised child in a motor vehicle. In sixteen other states, Bills on these matters have been filed. The states are scattered throughout the land, and understandably, especially in states with the highest accident rates.

Table 5: Breakdown of US states with legislation penalising
    the leaving of a child unattended in a motor vehicle (2006)

In the states that have enacted legislation, the minimum age for leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle varies, and the sentences are more or less severe. Children over twelve are sometimes considered as ‘adult’ companions.

Table no. 6: Sentencing in different states in the United States

State
    Age of the Child
    Fine
    Prison
    California
    Under 7
    $100

Connecticut
    Under 12
    $2,000 during the day
    $10,000 at night

Florida
    Under 6 (for 15 minutes)
    $100 to $500 depending on the circumstances

Illinois
    Under 7 (for 10 minutes)

2 to 10 years in case of death
    Kentucky
    Under 8
    $1,000 to $10,000

Louisiana
    Under 6
    $500 to $10,000
    6 months to 2 years
    Maryland
    Under 8
    $500
    Up to 30 days
    Missouri
    Under 11
    $5,000

Nebraska
    Under 7
    $500
    3 months
    Pennsylvania
    Under 6
    $300
    Up to 90 days
    Texas
    Under 7
    $500

Washington
    Under 12
    $1,000 when the driver leaves to buy alcohol
    Up to 90 days when the driver leaves to buy alcohol

Mohand you must be a hit at parties.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't see how that's trolling. it's not like she's acting like baked baiter. manx might have some unpopular opinions and posts but she's been around forever and was a member at a board i used to post at ages ago and she's never been a troll.
    Thank you, Sput!
    And here's the jist of what I already posted in that other thread:
    I didn't mention the matter of leaving children in cars as a value judgment, it's just something that has been remarked upon a number of times in other cases. I would guess it's most likely due to fewer safety issues in some European countries. For instance, I know when a Dutch woman did this in America, she didn't understand the uproar, as it was something she insisted was common where she's from. This is not some crap I've just made up. Oh and yes, I'm aware that European countries are vastly different from one another, but I've seen it mentioned as a defense in cases here in American involving parents from several different ones.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Mohand you must be a hit at parties.

^ That is phenomenal!
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Awesome! You have mad chart skills Mohandas. I'm starting to get this weird feeling though, I think Mike Sandy is your long lost son. Go find your child and guide him in the proper use of stats.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I have checked out this broads Facebook page a couple times and find it odd that nobody is posting anything on it. Maybe she set it so only friends could see posts.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    For instance, I know when a Dutch woman did this in America, she didn't understand the uproar, as it was something she insisted was common where she's from.
    I can confirm that. It's pretty common, but maybe not so much in the bigger cities. And I think it's less common now than when I was growing up. I was left in a car often while my mom did groceries, although not when I was really little. Maybe starting at the age of 5 or 6? I hated going to the grocery store so I didn't mind waiting. I usually had a book or something t pass the time. I was never left alone for more than an hour, and often our dog would be with me in the car. I think it may be a cultural thing that it's more acceptable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Awesome! You have mad chart skills Mohandas. I'm starting to get this weird feeling though, I think Mike Sandy is your long lost son. Go find your child and guide him in the proper use of stats.
    Posted from my iPhone
    I just revisited the MikeSandy DreamAct thread. Weird fact - he lived in the same county as me, and he was born the year my wife and I were married. But the kid is not my son.

Thread Information