Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsunami Hits Japan After Massive Earthquake

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

LIVE VIDEO: President Obama delivers remarks on the Japanese earthquake and tsunami -- ktla.com

I mean, at least they're just boats and no one was hurt like all those in Japan who lost their lives and probably w/ little to no warning, the land that it hit looked pretty damn flat - farmland - so its hard to get to higher ground and the water was so fast too

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Japan International Relief fund.

American Red Cross: Text 2 Help
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what in the ever loving fuck

and to cause a tsunami like that the ocean floor had to be pushed violently upwards which is just a crazy thought too

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Omg. Chilling footage. I'm at work and i can't afford to cry. I woke up this morning and my weather ticker said there was an alert--we get them all the time, wind warning, rain warning etc. This said tsunami warning. I couldn't believe it. In Vancouver we are safe because Vancouver Island pretty well protects us and i think they were being over cautious but these quakes scare the hell out of me. They say we are due for a big one--like around 9 on the richter scale. Unbelievably horrific. I just can't fathom. On a selfish note, i'm glad my friend Lesley is not teaching there anymore, but there are tons of people teaching english in Japan. My heart and prayers go out to the suffering people over there.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

We actually found people in Japan using this tool:

Google Person Finder (

Thanks to Twitchy, the Goddess Of Research.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

My buddy in Tokyo and his family are fine..

My friend who landed in Maui last night we haven't heard from, but i doubt anything is wrong.. he's just on vacation..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Japan International Relief fund.

American Red Cross: Text 2 Help
    Thanks, Greys. This is a big help.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Facebook is down and they say it is because of the excessive volume of people trying to connect. Anyone else hear that?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I've been facebooking all day with no problems
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Facebook is fine. It's just you Sluce.

California man swept out to sea while photographing tsunami waves

Updated: Friday, 11 Mar 2011, 3:58 PM EST
    Published : Friday, 11 Mar 2011, 3:57 PM EST
    (NewsCore) - A California man was swept out to sea Friday after traveling into dangerous waters to take photos of incoming tsunami waves.
    In spite of warnings about the weather, the man and two of his friends waded into the Pacific Ocean in Del Norte County, approximately 300 miles north of San Francisco, to get better snapshots.
    The trio was swept into open waters, however, by waves that had crossed the ocean from the massive tsunami set off by an earthquake near northern Japan.
    Two of the individuals managed to swim back to shore, but the third remained unaccounted for, the US Coast Guard said. Authorities sent out helicopters in a last-ditch rescue effort that was unsuccessful as of 12:30pm PT.
    The tsunami caused by an 8.9-magnitude earthquake -- the largest to hit Japan in more than a century -- is expected to claim more than 1,000 lives, the Kyodo news agency reported.
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...hing-waves-ncx

sigh

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Whyfore they have the dumb?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what in the ever loving fuck

and to cause a tsunami like that the ocean floor had to be pushed violently upwards which is just a crazy thought too
    I'll never forget my 8th Grade Earth Science Teacher....used to say that he wasn't afraid of much, but he was afraid of Earth Quakes. He said that there is just something inherently wrong about the ground rolling and splitting open--because we've always been taught that its the one constant we have---the Earth. And he dared us to think for a few minutes how horrifying it would be to witness....this one constant now NOT being constant.

I cannot imagine how horrifying, chaotic, insane, unreal...not knowing what to do or where to go.....cannot imagine. Those poor people.

I don't have a Facebook so it's not me. They are talking about it on the radio? Maybe it is just this area or something.

^^Lynnie - I can't imagine it either.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Someone on Facebook just wrote this: 'I know I might sound retarded but what happened in Japen?'
    HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?! and Japen? Lol. *deletes 'friend'*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Someone on Facebook just wrote this: 'I know I might sound retarded but what happened in Japen?'
    HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?! and Japen? Lol. *deletes 'friend'*
    Immediate unfriending. WTF???

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information