Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsunami Hits Japan After Massive Earthquake

Thank you Twitch! For some reason my video isn't working (says update flash but won't load) so these pics are good.

OMG horrendous!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Good link Twitchy. These look like toy cars and planes!

We had huge flooding here a few years ago and the force and speed of the water is terrifying. What we experienced looks like nothing compared to that video above. Wow, those poor people. How terrifying. We have family friends in Saipan and it doesn't sound like they are being told to evacuate yet.

Not sure if it's been reported, what time did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This is just so scary. I can't get over how destructive this is.

And eerily enough, I had a mega-tidal wave dream on Monday. *twilight zone music*

[youtube]QdYi_qcFfdU[/youtube]

I literally shouted OMG after watching the cars trying to drive away from the massively encroaching waves. Big time prayers

The guy on Sky News just said about half past two in the afternoon local time
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

^ Thanks.

OMG, Twitch. Those photos. Heartbreaking.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I was watching it last night on the 11pm news and it just blew my mind seeing those waves coming and coming inland onto flat farm land destroying everything in their path. amazing.

my heart goes out to all of those who lost their life in such a horrible way and to their family and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Just hit Oregon. No details yet. Does not sound major on our west coast. Yet.
    oh wow, yeah growing up in oregon the small oregon coast towns were always doing mock tsunami drills so I know they were prepared, thankfully
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Seven foot waves hit Crescent City, CA. The sheriff's warning system called us this morning. We are up 250 feet though. Watching the local news, idiots are walking dogs on the beach.
    http://tv.trb.com/extras/ktla/video/...rningnews.html live feed from SoCal beaches

fucking idiots is right, they deserve to drown if that shit happens

im safe in beverly hills (working), but I wouldn't be caught dead at the beach right now just in case. I used to live in venice, CA and know the possible dangers

here in San diego, there was a Tsunami warning, but it turned out nothing noticeable happened. Thank God.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^ yeah thats so weird, they're saying on the news or showing at least that it was affecting boats in the marinas like in central california? is that true? I dont have sound on my computer, if it is that is super crazy!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ yeah thats so weird, they're saying on the news or showing at least that it was affecting boats in the marinas like in central california? is that true? I dont have sound on my computer, if it is that is super crazy!
    they were saying some places in CA are getting hit with it. Santa Cruz i believe is one.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Santa Cruz Tsunami: Tsunami Waves Damage Over a Dozen Boats in Santa Cruz - ktla.com oh yeah northern cali too, wow that is so crazy that all the way from across the biggest ocean on earth, crazy

oh someone i know up there said they saw 50' sport fisher capsize! crazy

wow and to think, something like this could not have come at a WORSE time in this this world right now due to economic difficulties that everyone is facing

Crescent City, CA Harbor Destroyed

Officials in Crescent City are reporting damage after tsunami waves began hitting the harbor this morning.
    ”The harbor has been destroyed,” said Crescent City Councilman Rich Enea in a phone interview at 9:45 a.m. “Thirty-five boats have been crushed and the harbor has major damage. Major damage.”
    Del Norte County Sheriff Cmdr. Bill Steven said most of the docks at the harbor are gone. Additionally, a recent surge filled the entire harbor and they are expecting that some of the other waves could send water into the harbor's parking lot, Steven said.
    Enea said no injuries have been reported at this point, which he attributed to plenty of tsunami preparedness exercises and the diligent work of first responders in sealing off the harbor.
    The councilman said he's heard about 100 people have shown up to a Red Cross shelter at Del Norte High School. He said tsunami waters have made it near the doors of the Crescent City Cultural Center, and he fears the worst is yet to come.
    ”There's supposed to be larger surges coming in,” he said. “We're just trying to ride out the worst of these surges.”
    According to the Caltrans website, some sections of U.S. Highway 101 are currently closed due to the tsunami alert: at Kane Road that is 11.3 miles north of Trinidad, at the Humboldt and Del Norte county lines, at Sand Mine Road that is 1.4 miles south of Crescent City, and at Washington Road that is 1.2 miles north of Crescent City. Drivers are advised to use alternate routes.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information