Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsunami Hits Japan After Massive Earthquake

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

my email is full of news station updates here telling me that the Radioactive Plume will be here tomorrow (southern Ca). People are freaking out, buying Iodide tablets.

From what I understand, Iodide only protects against Thyroid cancer. I may be wrong.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    my email is full of news station updates here telling me that the Radioactive Plume will be here tomorrow (southern Ca). People are freaking out, buying Iodide tablets.

From what I understand, Iodide only protects against Thyroid cancer. I may be wrong.
    No, you are not wrong. I doubt it will be the mildest problem. Iodide? Is that a brand name for iodine?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

If you scroll down, you can see that the cracked road that featured in a number of photos has already been repaired.

プレスリリース 関東支社|プレスルーム|NEXCO 東日本

Impressively speedy.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No, you are not wrong. I doubt it will be the mildest problem. Iodide? Is that a brand name for iodine?
    potassium iodide. Potassium iodide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    i thought it was iodine too at first. but, yeah, the news here is saying it wont be much as far as the radiation goes.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    potassium iodide. Potassium iodide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    i thought it was iodine too at first. but, yeah, the news here is saying it wont be much as far as the radiation goes.
    Here it is iodine-they show it over & over. Must be the same thing.

Health & Wellness News Iodine Pills Sell Out Amid Radiation Fears
    Iodine Pills Sell Out Amid Radiation Fears

I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Explaining the nuclear situation to kids. (with subtitles)
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sakN2hSVxA[/YOUTUBE]

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If you scroll down, you can see that the cracked road that featured in a number of photos has already been repaired.

プレスリリース 関東支社|プレスルーム|NEXCO 東日本

Impressively speedy.

How in the hell did they fix that road in less than 6 days????

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

impressive, role models for us all

A nice surprise for this woman who went back to her damaged house.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BQP5PFtm8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

-- Stephen Hawking

okay one of my stranger FB peeps posted this shit just now.

Everyone reading this I'm not trying to scare you but it's scaring me so you decide what it will do for you, it is definitely scary. Go to youtube find Jim Berkland look @ his prediction for March 19-26 of this year like 2 days from now.
    7 minutes ago キ Like キ

Take heed this man has predicted successfully b4, he predicted the Oakland earthquake 4 days b4 it happened and others so take heed. Get prepared especially if you are in Canada, Washington, Oregon, Calif & Mexico.
    7 minutes ago キ Like キ

He's predicting a large earthquake & possibility a tsunami also. Make sure you are prepared get together water, food, clothes, hygiene products, 1st aid, money, meds, batteries, flashlights, radios, everything you can think of for the comfort of your family & pets.
    8 minutes ago キ Like キ

Make sure you tell friends & families of the coming possibility & where & how to get a hold of them. Make sure your cell phones are paid for and charged. Get from the store the batter extender for your phone because you'll be without electricity & batteries will be the only way your phone is going to work.

Geologist Jim Berkland Predicts Quake for US West Coast Between March 19 to 26th | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Give this person some foil

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah im getting that same damn message msdeb, ugh
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; March 18th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Just defriend these tards already.

-- Stephen Hawking

Default Worker at Japanese nuclear plant: We池e putting our lives on the line

Worker at Japanese nuclear plant: We’re putting our lives on the line - Yahoo! News

A female worker at the Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) plant wrote a blog post about the battle to keep the reactors from overheating, saying the brave workers at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power plant were risking their lives to keep the situation under control.

Michiko Otsuki removed the post on Thursday, writing that it was being used in a way she hadn't intended. But the Singaporean site the Straits Times translated the entire statement and posted it online. The post, which Otsuki uploaded to the social networking site Mixi, has already been quoted by the Guardian, the AFP, and other international news outlets.

"In the midst of the tsunami alarm (last Friday), at 3am in the night when we couldn't even see where we going, we carried on working to restore the reactors from where we were, right by the sea, with the realisation that this could be certain death," she wrote on Tuesday. "The machine that cools the reactor is just by the ocean, and it was wrecked by the tsunami. Everyone worked desperately to try and restore it. Fighting fatigue and empty stomachs, we dragged ourselves back to work. There are many who haven't gotten in touch with their family members, but are facing the present situation and working hard."

She apologized to residents who lived near the reactors, but also noted that workers at the facility were risking their lives to place the crisis under control. "Watching my co-workers putting their lives on the line without a second thought in this situation, I'm proud to be a member of Tepco, and a member of the team behind Fukushima No. 2 reactor," she wrote.

The AP writes that a history of cover-ups and scandals in the country's nuclear energy industry has left the Japanese deeply suspicious of the plants. One worker was told to alter footage sent to regulators so they would not see radioactive steam leaking from the plant. He went public in 2000 and three Tepco execs lost their jobs.

Otsuki was one of 800 workers evacuated from the plant on Monday. Tepco said it expects workers to re-connect cables that will make the plant's cooling system work again today, Bloomberg reports. Tepco said that about 20 people had volunteered to help the skeleton team of workers at the plant, as helicopters began to dump massive amounts of water from the sky to try to cool down the reactors. A core team of workers has been rotating in and out in hopes of reducing their radiation exposure.

"I don't know any other way to say it, but this is like suicide fighters in a war," Keiichi Nakagawa, associate professor of the Department of Radiology at University of Tokyo Hospital told The Daily Mail.

Thread Information